Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mairin

Anyone Have A Tried And True Christmas Cookie Recipe

We have several Christmas functions to attend where we are required to bring baking, and a couple involve actually selling the baking goods. Of course, what we bring has to be gluten-free as I won't use regular flour in my house.

Further, my son in kindergarten must bring in a recipe to share with the class -- they are making a Christmas Cookie Recipe book.

So, I am searching for a simple, tried and true, that kids will love, Christmas cookie recipe. I'm hoping that someone has one to share.

We are still new to Celiac (March 2007) so haven't had to worry about Christmas baking before.

Many thanks

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Join eNewsletter

I have a passed down family recipe that I have used for years for cut out gingerbread cookies. They are soft and cakey, and yummy frosted. Not has strong a flavor as gingersnaps usually are.

I am currently away from home so don't have the gluten-free version we have worked out. I haven't tried making a rolled out cookie yet, but we make drop cookies with these (drop from a spoon), add raisens, and then you can frost them and decorate.

My version is GFCFSF, but you can add the sour milk or regular shortening if you tolerate that. I can't tell the difference in taste from the original version, and I am picky.

PM me if you want this recipe as I will be away from home until the 8th, and will likely forget to post otherwise.

4/2007 Positive IGA, TTG Enterolab results, with severe malabsorption: Two DQ2 celiac genes--highest possible risk.

gluten-free since 4/22/07; SF since 7/07; 3/08 & 7/08 high sugar levels in stool (i.e. cannot break down carbs) digestive enzymes for carbs didn't help; 7/18/08 started SCD as prescribed by my physician (MD).

10/2000 dx LYME disease; 2008 clinical dx CELIAC; Other: hypothyroid, allergies, dupuytrens, high mercury levels

Join eNewsletter

Don't overlook things that are already gluten-free like many homemade candies, such as peanut brittle, fudge etc.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

This recipe for sugar cookies is fan-freakin-tastic. We make it all the time, and gluten eaters cannot tell the difference.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Here's a thread I started last Christmas. It has a bunch of cookie recipes and they are all delicious.

All purpose flour = 3 parts white rice + 2 parts potato starch + 1 part tapioca starch

Add 1 teaspoon xantham gum per cup of flour

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry247824

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

Don't overlook things that are already gluten-free like many homemade candies, such as peanut brittle, fudge etc.

i second this! last year, i made peppermint bark for all my friends and family. put it into cute jars for gifts. sooo yummy! the recipe can be found on my blog, which you will find in my profile :)

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter