Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missmelissa21

Can Someone Describe Dh?

For as long as I can remember, my father has had different types of rashes. Dermatologists call it atopic dermatitis or atopic eczema, but I'm not sure if this is what it is. He's always had breakouts on his hands, leading to them becoming itchy and cracking open. He also gets pink patches behind his knees and in his armpits. He has some spots on his scalp that you can see if he cuts his hair too short.

The newest symptom is what concerns me the most though. He has a HUGE breakout on his torso of pimply-type spots all on his stomach and back. They look like chicken pox! I can't remember if they are itchy or painful or both. He's convinced something is biting him in his bedroom, but my mom doesn't have any spots.

No one in my family, including myself, is a diagnosed celiac. I am visiting a doctor in December for persistent GI problems that have been going on on and off for about 3.5 years.

Any help would be amazing. Thank you!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

There are descripions and photos of DH on the Celiac Sprue Association website.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter