Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

researchher

Suffering From Brain Fog +++ Is It Celiac Symptoms

I just wanted to get a little input or validation or whatever. I have been having a lot of IBS type symptoms since March - (well really my whole life but much more dramatic since March) I have a red face when I eat something ??? and an itchy scaly red face when I eat something else. If I drink most alcohols except wine my face turns bright red and hot. Many times I have like a soar throat and swollen lymph glands in my neck.

I took a celiac blood test in May and it was negative. I was sent to a GI a month later. I in the mean time had tried a gluten free diet for a couple months and had improved in symptoms. He said the blood test was accurate and it was IBS go back to eating gluten. So I did. At first, I was fine. Then after about 4 weeks I started having problems again. After about 8 weeks of unrestricted eating - I was too sick to continue on. I decided to go back to gluten-free diet. Symptoms have been a roller coaster. Either I am not getting it all out of my diet or something else is the culprit.

Lately, I cough a lot the day after I have a food reaction, I get severe brain fog after eating, my kidneys and back hurt, and I still have the original symptoms. I'm pretty sure wheat aggravates my stomache with cramping, bloating, bulky stools and diahrea. Corn syrup or sugars are definitely a problem that causes brain fog. I had a bad stomach bloating episode recently when I ate OLD DUTCH tortilla chips, but have no idea why.

Again I went back to the doctor thinking I have some allergy that didn't show up. She tells me she really didn't order a very accurate blood test the first time and sent me to a different GI who was totally different. I really like this GI - she didn't write me off but is going to do tests that will find out what's going on.

I have a upper GI scheduled for Thursday which is scary but good. Today, I know that I have not eaten gluten. I had gluten-free cereal with milk and got severe brain fog. I ate chicken and green beans and still have brain fog. My back and kidneys are hurting again. And I'm left wondering what in the heck is going on. Could this be celiac's for real? Are these symptoms common for celiac's - if not does anyone know what I am describing? I can tell you one thing for sure - I HATE BRAIN FOG!!!!! It makes me feel panicky!.

I would appreciate anyone elses like experience, any knowledge or just your gut feeling. I feel like I'm losing my mind!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

Your symptoms could be Celiac related.

Have you seen an allergist to see if you have a wheat allergy?(Wheat allergy is not celiac)

Hopefully, since you have been patchy at Gluten free, the scope will give you "true" results. For blood tests and scopes you should be eating gluten. Make sure they take samples(5-10) atleast and for you I would do more b/c of teh fact you've been trying the diet.

Good Luck!