Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sweetfudge

Popcorn Salt - What's In It, Is It gluten-free?

i haven't had popcorn salt in ages. thought maybe i'd get some, but figured i should check here first. also wondering if it's just a blend of seasonings, that i could mix up myself? i have no clue!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think it depends on the brand and flavor you get. All of the ones I've bought were a really fine grind of salt, but most had added ingredients. I don't know of any gluten, but they do have dairy.

i haven't had popcorn salt in ages. thought maybe i'd get some, but figured i should check here first. also wondering if it's just a blend of seasonings, that i could mix up myself? i have no clue!

Don't use popcorn salt per se, since the microwave extra butter popcorn is salty enough when you only pop it to 2/3 full (for extra flavor). I use the product, Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, cheese topping, the great taste of The Cheesiest, Shake on Popcorn (that's what it's called). It's got some chemicals in it, but no gluten. I've been eating it almost daily for months, with no problems.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa