Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ErinC

Good Doctors In Central California

I suspect I may have Celiac disease or gluten intolerance, but I am worried that I won't take get taken seriously by a doctor if I bring it up. My mom has been trying to get tested and the doctors have been surprisingly ignorant. Does anyone from this area have a doctor that understands Celiac? Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I live in the Sacramento area and have UCDMedical Group. The kids' doctors have been very open in testing for Celiac. They use the PORMETHEUS lab's Celiac Plus test. I am getting tested tomorrow. I don't know of a specific doctor but it seems like you need to go in these days with a list of what you want done...pretend you are your own doctor.

Homeschool Mom of 4

I live in the Sacramento area and have UCDMedical Group. The kids' doctors have been very open in testing for Celiac. They use the PORMETHEUS lab's Celiac Plus test. I am getting tested tomorrow. I don't know of a specific doctor but it seems like you need to go in these days with a list of what you want done...pretend you are your own doctor. Just tell them you have family history and you want the test done. That helps too.

Homeschool Mom of 4

I have no problem going in with a list of stuff...but when my mom went they told her they didn't know of a test for Celiac, specifically! I was just hoping maybe someone around me knew of a doctor that would know what they are doing. It seems like the pediatritians are better than the adult doctors these days.