Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BRUMI1968

Lymphatic Drainage Massage

Hi all! Has anyone had Lymphatic Drainage massage done? I'm curious. I have a pain in my left breast/maybe lymph area, and am thinking that I've been dtoxing really slowly too, so maybe this is an option for me.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Do you wear underwire bras (or tight-fitting ones) more than ten hours a day? I've read very convincing research that ties bras to breast cancer. The reason is that it cuts off your lymph drainage, trapping the junk that should be drained into your kidneys in your breasts.

The breast cancer rate of women foolish enough to wear a bra to bed is sky high.

And you are right, you are detoxing and healing right now. I think a lymph massage to drain your lymph nodes properly would be an excellent idea. My chiropractor will do that for me (or show me how) whenever I have swollen/painful lymph nodes somewhere. It makes a huge difference.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bully, you may want to PM JudyinPhilly. Believe she has had it done.

FYI: NIH and the other leading cancer organizations do not support the above view of bc and clothing.

FYI: NIH and the other leading cancer organizations do not support the above view of bc and clothing.

Oh, I am sure they don't. They also are suppressing valid cancer treatments and are wasting the money people give them on so-called treatments that destroy, rather than heal. Read the book "Dressed to Kill", and you may change your mind.

Cancer is big business, and I don't trust the cancer society even the smallest little bit, any more than I trust the FDA or pharmaceutical companies.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been ' blessed' with tiny ones, so no bra - for at least 20 years or so. Sometimes I don a pretty one that I know I'll take off soon (if you catch my drift), but I haven't worn a bra the day through maybe since high school. Even if I wanted to, they usually make bras at 36 to be cup B or bigger. No can do - would be all air in there. I need an A.

I also don't use antiperspirant - I know they've made some connections, or are starting to anyway, about antiperspirant and cancer, especially shortly after shaving underarms.

Ursa Major: thanks for the advice on the PM, too, I'll do that.

Ha, I used to have to find bras in size 38 A, because I have a big ribcage (now it is 44 B, which is insanely hard to find). You are better off not wearing one with an A. That rules out one cause for not draining your lymph nodes.

A lymph node massage is a great idea. It definitely can't hurt to do that.

I did hit the doctors office today and talked to the nicest ARPN. I'm definitely having her do my next 'annual'. Anyway, she didn't think anything seemed suspicious, but she is sending me to get a mammogram, as though that doesn't freak me out. My left breast was much ropier than the right, especially along the outside; but she said it all moved fine and didn't seem like anything she'd worry about. I am 39, and they typically start you at 40 if insurance companies haven't got a strangle hold on them ... so I guess I could just say I'm going for my first no-specifically-good-reason-to-do-it-now-except-age mammogram which is practically true, other than the pain - and maybe that'll make me feel better.

I'll keep you all posted - I go Wednesday. I'm a bit worried about how they are going to squish this tiny boob into their machines, but I guess they see all kinds. Oh yeah, they squish both boobs to compare them. Arg! (Hope they warm up the machine first.)

-Sherri

Hi Bully

I haven't been on today so missed this....Thanks Patti and Laura.

I've had MLD for lymphedemea in my leg as the result of celluitis. There are good and BAD PT"s so I'd do research to find a good one. I'm sorry that I don't have alot of experience with the breast MLD tho.

I'd wait till the mamo results are in and discuss with the person treating you.

If they want you to do MLD, I will help you find one.

There are many kinds of protocals for this.

I feel it is very very important for it to be done correctly. They usually teach you the correct way to do it yourself.

you can pm me as I have alerts for the threads that I post in.

Good luck.

Judy in Southern CA