Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've been glutenfree for about 2-3 months now, and I feel great, nut I still have this weird feeling that

I've seen others refer to as "Brain fog". I'm wondering, those of you who have experienced this brain fog, how many

weeks/months did it take before you lost it?

Gluten-free, almost 2 years

Egg-free, never cared much for eggs anyways

Lactose light, only causes minor d by now

Fructose light, found the source of my unexplainable gluten-like reactions

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Depending on the extent of damage it can take awhile. How long have you had Celiac? Do you have any other neurological symptoms with it? I can tell you that if you even remotely gluten yourself the brain fog will not go away. It takes me about 2-3 weeks for the feeling to go away if I get glutened.

I have no way of knowing how long I've had coeliac, but my problems started about 1.2 years ago and brainfog about 4-5 months ago. Found out I have celiac about 2-3 months ago and I have been glutenfree since then, without beeing glutened as far as I know. I am 99.99% sure that I am not consuming any gluten whatsoever as of right now. I also have anxiety and depression, the anxiety is getting better and so is the depression.

I have no way of knowing how long I've had coeliac, but my problems started about 1.2 years ago and brainfog about 4-5 months ago. Found out I have celiac about 2-3 months ago and I have been glutenfree since then, without beeing glutened as far as I know. I am 99.99% sure that I am not consuming any gluten whatsoever as of right now. I also have anxiety and depression, the anxiety is getting better and so is the depression.

It can take a while. Make sure you are taking a sublingual B12 every day even if your regular vitamins have it in them that will help a great deal. Also are you being diligent about CC and about gluten in your toiletries like shampoo, soaps, conditioners, makeup? Even the very small amount of CC you would get from those products may be enough to keep the autoimmune process active.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Hm, soaps, never thought about it that way.

Makeup I don't use, i'm a guy :P

What would the index-declaration state on a shampoo/soap if it contains gluten?

sublingual B12 <-- what is this btw? I know my multivitamins contain b12.