This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

cruelshoes Enthusiast
What!? What's this about CUTE mixing bowls. WHere are they?! :lol: :lol:

I saw the mixing jars...well didn't SEE them because there isn't a picture, but I saw ABOUT them. Where are the mixing bowls. If it's CUTE I have to check them out!!!

Okay, off to look for the bowls because I KNOW I can't wait until someone answers me. :P:lol:

Donna - absolutely DO NOT look at Open Original Shared Link. If you do, you will see the cute mixing bowls on the page right under the mixing jars. And then you will want them. That would be baaaaad.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice

:lol: !!!!!

Too late!

AND....

MY ORDER JUST CAME!!!!!!! Yay. OMGosh, the free brushes are great. They sent a fan brush (wish I had one of these when I was painting, lol, it's really soft and a very big fan), the eyebrow brush, a lip brush and the brow brush! That's just amazing to me!

The free gift eye color, Gingerbread, man looks like a nice coppery light/medium brown...just what I've been looking for...hope it looks like that on, lol. Tinsel Time is the other one that was free, I think that's the same as the one I got the time before...I like it though.

Just some of the things I'm excited about:

I got Comfy eye color, which looks in the jar like a similar color to the Gingerbread man with maybe a touch less redish color.

I'm so excited...got the black and smokey eyeliners...can't wait to try them.

Blushes:

DVR Saturday looks good...I'll wear that tomorrow.

Photo Album looks good too...a little darker than DVR Sat.

Both of those look to be slightly darker than Apple and a little more to the plum or pink side.

Nick Nack looks like it might be a little too light, but won't know until I try it.

Got a couple of new foundation colors to try. Yay for me. :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
Also, I have read that burgandy colors bring out the green in green eyes really well. I ordered Morocco eye color to test this theory out, it's a pretty deep burgandy tone.

Love the Morocco! A bit intense for work so am wearing Oasis, which I also like

(and a curse on whoever pointed out the 10 eyeshadow kit! May you feel compelled to purchase every color in the eyeshadow pallet)

dlp252 Apprentice
(and a curse on whoever pointed out the 10 eyeshadow kit! May you feel compelled to purchase every color in the eyeshadow pallet)

:lol:

Don't think it was me, but that's what I got today...my 10 eyeshadow mini kit. :P

Rosebud710 Apprentice

Oh my! I was home most of the day yesterday and this thread was so quiet. Today, I go shopping (Whole Foods and Costco - I'm set for a while :D ) and BAM! - this thread goes wild! I have no life :mellow: !

OK, where do I begin . . .

Very interesting about mineral allergies. Luckily, I don't have them but I didn't think about it with mineral make-up. Good thing EM thought about this and took care of it!

Julie, I use mostly brown eye make-up and I like the way it is on my eyes. Funny, I bought Morroco last time I ordered. It's like a brownish-red and I'm not used to this color so I warm it up by adding a little Pick Me Up Pink concealor to it. I'm wearing that combination right now, as a matter of fact. I also have oasis so next time I'll try combining it with the Morroco. I think I'll be adventurous and try some green - it'll be hard coming out of my eye color comfort zone :unsure: ! I'll try to put my eyeshadow on the way it was shown to you - again, going out of my comfort zone by putting more than 2 colors on my eyes :rolleyes: ! Also, brown mascara, interesting - I always buy black. How is that, does it bring your eyes out better than black?

For the love of Pete, I cannot see these mixing bowls!!! For me, there is no picture by the description :angry: ! Donna, did you say you put them in your shopping cart before you saw the picture? For $2 that's not bad - regardless of how they look.

Alright, I think I'm up to date on the messages :D !!

dlp252 Apprentice

Laura, the mixing bowls are UNDER the mixing jars on the brushes/accessories page. The jars are $2 and the bowls are $4 (for 5 bowls!).

I can't tell you how many times I've looked at that stupid page and all the items on it and NEVER saw the bowls, lol.

Rosebud710 Apprentice
Laura, the mixing bowls are UNDER the mixing jars on the brushes/accessories page. The jars are $2 and the bowls are $4 (for 5 bowls!).

I can't tell you how many times I've looked at that stupid page and all the items on it and NEVER saw the bowls, lol.

Thank you Donna! I've been on this part of the site many times and never saw the bowls either! I still can't see the jars :huh: ! Maybe I'll just order them - for $2 you can't go wrong!

How's your order?? Have you looked at it yet - or is it hard for you to do at work (there's always the bathroom ^_^ )!

You are a bad influence - I'm ordering the 10 shades right now!! Well, you and Julie who said that I MUST start using green eye shadow. You guys are enablers!! ;):P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh Laura, I LOVE my order, lol. I am so excited to try everything. Heck, my boss was standing just a few feet away from me when it came and no doubt heard me hooping and hollering, lol. Fortunately it's really SLOW here because of the holidays, lol. Hum, maybe I should tell HER about this stuff, lol.

I can't believe the free brushes they sent and the sizes of the free eyeshadows they sent.

The sizes of the eyeshadows in the 10 mini kit are the same sizes as the sample sizes they send, but for eyeshadow that's plenty, especially if you don't know if you'll like the colors.

I already have ANOTHER of the 10 mini eye color kits in my shopping cart. :lol:

Oh, and I have LOTS of experience at enabling! :P

Mango04 Enthusiast
Blushes:

Both of those look to be slightly darker than Apple and a little more to the plum or pink side.

Nick Nack looks like it might be a little too light, but won't know until I try it.

So is DVR Saturday the same shade basically as Photo Album, but a bit lighter? I was thinking DVR might be a bit more pink, while Photo Album might perhaps be bit more plum/raspberry-ish? Please, post a detailed comparison :lol::lol:

Nick Nack is more complex on the skin than it is in the jar lol. On my face it's sort of a pinky/peach/brown color. I think I like it though.

I think I might fill my cart with the eyeshadow kit, just for fun. We'll see how long I can resist actually purchasing it... :rolleyes:

Rosebud710 Apprentice
I think I might fill my cart with the eyeshadow kit, just for fun. We'll see how long I can resist actually purchasing it... :rolleyes:

It's easy to buy the kit, but hard choosing the colors for the kit ;) !

dlp252 Apprentice

I think they're pretty similar in the jar. DVR Saturday looks to be a bit lighter than Photo Album. Photo Album definitely seems to have more sparkle. The true test will be when I wear them, lol. I'd say your assessment is correct, lol. DVR looks slight more pink and Photo Album looks slightly more plum. Just slightly though. And this is just in the jar. :P

If Nick Nack is a bit too light on me as a blush, it looks like it will make a great eye shadow so I'm sure I'll get good use out of it. :P

Pssst.....I've also go the 6 piece mini kit in my cart...they're both full. :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
Love the Morocco! A bit intense for work so am wearing Oasis, which I also like

Glad you LOVE the Morocco Jestgar, I'm excited to try it!

It might have been me who mentioned the mini eyeshadow kit, but I don't want a curse on me, take it back. Take it back!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Laura, Black mascara is a little too harsh for my coloring so that is why I use Brown.

Let me know what you think if you try out the green, FYI I ordered the Cypress and the Emerald in my eyeshadow kit and they are both really pretty greens. I like Cypress the best.

I think I might fill my cart with the eyeshadow kit, just for fun. We'll see how long I can resist actually purchasing it...

:lol: Mango, just for kicks and giggles of course!

I bet you buy it within the end of the week :D

Mango04 Enthusiast
It's easy to buy the kit, but hard choosing the colors for the kit ;) !

It wasn't that hard :lol:

Here's what I picked:

Good China (Small)

To Do List (Small)

Snowflakes (Small)

Bedtime Story (Small)

Cypress (Small)

Chamomile (Small)

Pressed Olive (Small)

Hot Chocolate (Small)

Starry Eyed (Small)

Pots and Pans (Small)

I'm particularly excited about To Do List, as it will apparantly lift my spirits and make my daily tasks truly rewarding. :lol:

I think you guys were talking about Oasis. Does Oasis have a lot of orange in it? I'm thinking about replacing Snowflakes with it :D.

Mango04 Enthusiast
:lol: Mango, just for kicks and giggles of course!

I bet you buy it within the end of the week :D

We'll see if I last 'til the end of the day :ph34r:

Rosebud710 Apprentice
I think you guys were talking about Oasis. Does Oasis have a lot of orange in it? I'm thinking about replacing Snowflakes with it :D.

I thinks it's more gold than orange. It's very subtle and a great mixer - or a base before putting on darker colors. I like it!

Here's my order:

Rare Silk Small

Chamomile Small

Bundled Up Small

Emerald Eyeliner Small

Baby Bath Small

Cool Breeze Small

Pressed Olive Small

Ginger Peach Small

Hot Chocolate Small

Wild Flowers Small

I can't wait for them to arrive - according to my order, it's packed :D !

dlp252 Apprentice

To Do List is a very lovely pink. ;)

Okay, here's what's in my cart:

PERSONAL KIT (6 pieces)

Blushes & Face Colors

..Chit Chat (2.5g)

..Favorite Hoodie (2.5g)

..Cookie Sheet (2.5g)

Eye Colors

..Medium Brown Brow Color (Small)

..Oasis (Small)

..Dark Brown Brow Color (Small)

MINI EYE COLOR KIT (10)

Exhale (Small)

Snowflakes (Small)

Well Being (Small)

Mystic Night (Small)

In the Garden (Small)

Starry Eyed (Small)

Diary (Small)

Pressed Olive (Small)

Cypress (Small)

Silver Spoon (Small)

Mango04 Enthusiast

I'm really intrigued by Anytime blush. Here's a review of it from make-up alley:

I got this in my free sample kit and was rather shocked when I first saw it. In the pot it is LAVENDER. It doesn't look pink at all, and I was sure that lavender blush would look ridiculous on me, even if I do have cool undertones. However, I have since learned that mineral blushes in the pot and mineral blushes on my face have almost nothing in common. This blush is actually a beautiful, bright (but not vibrant) baby pink on my face. It's the only mineral blush I've tried that hasn't come out all orangey on me. I'm very happy with it as it is a unique color, one I don't already own (wow!). It's also error proof, since it is so light. I just load the brush up and smear it all over my cheeks, then dust off the excess, and wind up with a pretty pink glow (and I'm PALE). I'm buying this in the full size on my next order.

It's in my cart, along with the eyeshadow kit, light pink, pink ribbon and daydream (another brownish one - but it gets rave reviews LOL). I'll probably end up with an eyeshadow kit and a mini kit.

Okay so I really really need to wait until the next special comes out :o (although I like Tinsel Time...I don't need more if it). :rolleyes:

Joni63 Collaborator

Oh my! Leave my house for a couple hours and I'm waaaaay behind in this thread, lol!

Oooh! So still FREE brushes.....

Thanks for the heads up Joni, you are always on top of the specials :lol:

That's because I'm trying ever so patiently to wait until the next one comes up since my cart is full of a 10 mini eye shadow kit, a mini personal kit and the freebie kit. I really don't know if I can hold out until the 10th! :huh:

:lol: !!!!!

Too late!

AND....

MY ORDER JUST CAME!!!!!!! Yay. OMGosh, the free brushes are great. They sent a fan brush (wish I had one of these when I was painting, lol, it's really soft and a very big fan), the eyebrow brush, a lip brush and the brow brush! That's just amazing to me!

I got Comfy eye color, which looks in the jar like a similar color to the Gingerbread man with maybe a touch less redish color.

I'm so excited...got the black and smokey eyeliners...can't wait to try them.

Blushes:

Got a couple of new foundation colors to try. Yay for me. :lol:

Yay, so glad you finally got it. Let us know how the Comfy looks and also DVR Saturday and Photo Album. I have Nick Nack and it is light a subtle, but still pretty.

Thank you Donna! I've been on this part of the site many times and never saw the bowls either! I still can't see the jars :huh: ! Maybe I'll just order them - for $2 you can't go wrong!

I can't see the jars either. The bowls come up, but the jars are just and X. Anyone order the jars yet? We need a product analysis on those please!

I think they're pretty similar in the jar. DVR Saturday looks to be a bit lighter than Photo Album. Photo Album definitely seems to have more sparkle. The true test will be when I wear them, lol. I'd say your assessment is correct, lol. DVR looks slight more pink and Photo Album looks slightly more plum. Just slightly though. And this is just in the jar. :P

If Nick Nack is a bit too light on me as a blush, it looks like it will make a great eye shadow so I'm sure I'll get good use out of it. :P

Pssst.....I've also go the 6 piece mini kit in my cart...they're both full. :lol:

Please update us on DVR Saturday and Photo Album when you have the chance to check them out. They both look really nice in the color samples.

We'll see if I last 'til the end of the day :ph34r:

Haha! :D

I'm really intrigued by Anytime blush. Here's a review of it from make-up alley:

I ordered the Anytime, it is light but still shows up as a pretty color and I have medium skin tone. It is probably really pretty on a more fair skin.

Did anyone get the fan brush or brow brush in their kits. What is the fan brush used for? We need a review on that one please!

Oh and the eyeshadow brush that comes in the 10 piece mini - is that one good? Right now I'm using the lip brush for the eye colors and that is NOT working out too well, lol!

Has anyone tried carpool? Would that look tacky with blue/green/gold eyes? It's in my cart, but I'm having 2nd thoughts.

Rosebud710 Apprentice
Oh and the eyeshadow brush that comes in the 10 piece mini - is that one good? Right now I'm using the lip brush for the eye colors and that is NOT working out too well, lol!

I just ordered the 10 piece mini so I don't know what the eyeshadow brush looks like. I already had an eyeshadow brush that I've been using. I also just bought one from Target. It's great, but I find it doesn't blend in the darker shadows very well and I'm going to buy some of the foam applicators.

dlp252 Apprentice

I don't think I got the eye shadow brush...I was trying to figure out what was "wrong" with my order. I got the two brow brushes...the one with the comb and the angled brow brush, the fan brush and the lip brush. I don't think they sent the eye shadow brush, lol. So, I hope I get one with the next 10 eye color kit. :P

Okay:

DVR Saturday: VERY NICE... May be my favorite yet (even more than Apple! :lol: ). It's a nice pink on and possibly a bit more subtle than Apple.

Foundation: I'm trying the Light Olive Semi-Matte today. I very nice choice for me...I can't decide though if this is better or the Fair Medium is better, lol. I'll have to give this a few more days, and maybe try the foundation brush with each which so far I haven't tried (I've been using my foundation brush that I bought with my True Mineral foundation).

Eye color: Tried Spin Cycle, then I put To Do List from the crease down to the lashes, then Shopping Spree at the lash line. Shopping Spree makes a good eyeliner, but I didn't put it on that way...I blended it out so it's just a little smokey looking. To Do List is a nice medium pink shade, and Spin Cycle is a really good light base. I can do more with the shadows on days when I actually wear mascara, but since I wasn't wearing any today I just kept everything barely noticable. :P

Did anyone get the fan brush or brow brush in their kits. What is the fan brush used for? We need a review on that one please!

OMGosh, on my way to work this morning I was thinking I would ask this exact question, lol. I got the fan brush but I have no idea what to do with it, lol. It looks like a great brush...the fan is fairly large, and very lush, but I'm just not sure what to use it for. When I did oil/acrylic landscape painting I used them to make grass and trees and things like that, but not sure on my face, lol.

Here's what they say to use it for: "Ideal for blending and contouring the more delicate areas like the eye, and to dust away excess powder that gets left behind after application. Create soft sweeping color over your cheeks."

Okay, I can see the dusting away of the excess powder usage, although I might use the eve brush for that, lol. When I use my BE eyeliner, I always seem to get flakes of the black on my cheek and undereye area...wonder if this would take that off without smearing it, lol. I'll have to try it for the "soft sweeping color over your cheeks" thing. :P

Mango04 Enthusiast
I ordered the Anytime, it is light but still shows up as a pretty color and I have medium skin tone. It is probably really pretty on a more fair skin.

Is it purple, or does it show up pink on your face?

DVR Saturday: VERY NICE... May be my favorite yet (even more than Apple! ). It's a nice pink on and possibly a bit more subtle than Apple.

Alright....I've been eyeing that one. It's now definitely going in my cart :lol:

I'm wearing Jump Rope blush today. Mftnchn recommended it I think. It's very different, but very pretty....kind of a rosy plum color with a mauve/purple/pinkish sheen and a bit of brown. There's no orange in this one at all :). I did add a sweep of Soft Touch over it and then some Pick Me Up, just to brighten up my face a bit...but I think some of you would like this one. I wouldn't have thought to order it just based on what it looks like on the website.

Mango04 Enthusiast

Where are all my fellow cult members today??? :(:lol:

Joni63 Collaborator
I just ordered the 10 piece mini so I don't know what the eyeshadow brush looks like. I already had an eyeshadow brush that I've been using. I also just bought one from Target. It's great, but I find it doesn't blend in the darker shadows very well and I'm going to buy some of the foam applicators.

I had 2 new foam applicators and tried them, but I don't like the way the mineral makeup goes on with them. It seems to stick more to the foam then go on my face. Maybe some kind of brush would work better?

I don't think I got the eye shadow brush...I was trying to figure out what was "wrong" with my order. I got the two brow brushes...the one with the comb and the angled brow brush, the fan brush and the lip brush. I don't think they sent the eye shadow brush, lol. So, I hope I get one with the next 10 eye color kit. :P

I think the angled brow brush is the one that they shipped with the eye shadow kit. Under the description it says: "Adds color to the brow. This is made from premium hand-tied goat hair and is ideal for wet and dry application. Can also be used for eye liner and eye shadow application."

If you try it, please let us know how it works for eye shadow.

Okay:

DVR Saturday: VERY NICE... May be my favorite yet (even more than Apple! :lol: ). It's a nice pink on and possibly a bit more subtle than Apple.

Oh gosh, they both sound good. I have Apple in my cart now, but need to add a few more blushes.

Here's what they say to use it for: "Ideal for blending and contouring the more delicate areas like the eye, and to dust away excess powder that gets left behind after application. Create soft sweeping color over your cheeks."

Okay, I can see the dusting away of the excess powder usage, although I might use the eve brush for that, lol. When I use my BE eyeliner, I always seem to get flakes of the black on my cheek and undereye area...wonder if this would take that off without smearing it, lol. I'll have to try it for the "soft sweeping color over your cheeks" thing. :P

I love the Eve brush for dusting off my whole face after, but it is a little rough over the eye area. The fan brush sounds perfect for around the eyes.

Is it purple, or does it show up pink on your face?

It looks pinkish with a hint of lavender. I used it under Chit Chat today and it really brightened up my face so I swept a bit over my forehead, chin and nose too. I like it.

I've been running around all morning and baking cupcakes. It's my son's 8th birthday! My baby is now 8 - wwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhh.

Mango04 Enthusiast
It looks pinkish with a hint of lavender. I used it under Chit Chat today and it really brightened up my face so I swept a bit over my forehead, chin and nose too. I like it.

I've been running around all morning and baking cupcakes. It's my son's 8th birthday! My baby is now 8 - wwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhh.

Ohhhh yeah...chit chat. That's the other blush I want to try! I'm think I'm going to order a mini kit with all blushes. I don't know why, but I suddenly have this odd blush obsession lol. Life was so much easier when I just wore one shade of blush - the same one everyday for about three years :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday to your son!!!!!! :D

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, I think I'm leaning slightly more towards my Fair Medium foundation. The Light Olive is still looking good, but it makes my lip gloss look different, lol. I'm not sure why that is, but I LOVE my lip gloss, lol, and it looks really good with the Fair Medium.

Where are all my fellow cult members today??? :(:lol:

Well, I thought I'd better back it down a notch, lol! :lol: I've been posting a BUNCH, and don't want to scare anyone. :P:lol: I'm just about OBSESSED with this stuff right now, lol.

I think the angled brow brush is the one that they shipped with the eye shadow kit. Under the description it says: "Adds color to the brow. This is made from premium hand-tied goat hair and is ideal for wet and dry application. Can also be used for eye liner and eye shadow application."

If you try it, please let us know how it works for eye shadow.

I love the Eve brush for dusting off my whole face after, but it is a little rough over the eye area. The fan brush sounds perfect for around the eyes.

Ah, I guess I didn't read the description, lol. Well, I've used that angled type of brush for eyeliner before but never considered using it for eye shadow application, lol. I'll try it!

Okay, tomorrow I'll try the fan brush to dust off my whole face! :P

Archived