This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

dlp252 Apprentice

Ha, Colleen...I've got two kits in my shopping cart (the mini eyeshadow and the mini personal) and I think I've changed them at least 20 times, lol. I also had to put in another free kit too...decided I need to try my favorite foundations in Matte now, lol.

So today was a play day...no where to go and nothing to do, but I decided to play with my brushes.

Premium Foundation Brush - I just couldn't see how this would work...I'm used to a really big fluffy brush for foundation, and this looked so small. Well, it actually worked VERY well. I'm really surprised. I thought for sure it would clump the foundation all in one place, but it didn't seem to do that at all. I DO think it might use a little more product, but I also think it does a better job of coverage on the first pass, so maybe that evens out. I almost didn't need concealer on my spots!

Eve Brush - Wasn't sure I'd like this either, but surprisingly I did. I used it for applying blush and it did a very nice job. I still like the kabuki brush a little better for this application, but I did like it.

Eyeliner - Very nice. Works the same as the BE brush I have...maybe a little better because I think it's a little finer line.

Angled Brow - This is the one that comes with the mini eyeshadow kit. I don't like it for applying eyeshadow, but I do like it for applying and softening/smudging eyeliner. I suspect it will work very well for brows as well.

Fan Brush - I couldn't imagine what I would use this for, but after applying the eyeliner I had the always present flakes of eyeliner on my check bones...I usually just wipe it off with a tissue, which almost always leaves a little black streak right at the stupid dark circle line, lol. I used this fan brush to brush off the flakes and they all came off without streaking! Very pleased. The brush is VERY soft even over the eye area.

Still to try: the lip brush, but can't imagine that wouldn't be good, lol.

I also tried Thank You eye color as a blush. It looked pretty dark pink in the jar, so I decided to try it as a blush and it worked very well.

I tried Smokey Eyeliner...love it. I also put on some Comfy. This is very smokey brown when put on as an eyeshadow, but looked to be a bit more sparkly and coppery when I tried it as an eyeliner. Maybe a little darker than Gingerbread Man.

So that's it...I'm pretty much done playing with my stuff. I need more stuff. :lol: I just have the lip brush and the black eyeliner to play with still...but that seems like it'd be just like the BE stuff. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mango04 Enthusiast
Ha, Colleen...I've got two kits in my shopping cart (the mini eyeshadow and the mini personal) and I think I've changed them at least 20 times, lol. I also had to put in another free kit too...decided I need to try my favorite foundations in Matte now, lol.

:lol: I think a lot of us have the mini eyeshadow kit and the mini personal kit just sitting in our carts....waiting for the next special (which better be good, after all this lol)

Thanks for the brush reviews Donna.

Now I need to find a way to fit Comfy into my order <_<:lol:

I just have to say I love love pick me up pink concealer. :wub: I don't know that it conceals anything, but I've been dusting it over my entire face and it adds a nice brightness. Love it. :lol::D

dlp252 Apprentice

I just like the name "pick me up pink". Even if I never use it I think eventually I have to get it, just because I like the name and I like pink things. :lol:

Rosebud710 Apprentice
eye color: Gingerbread man - a coppery color. This is not a color I would have ever considered in a million years, but since it was a freebie, I thought what the heck. A little goes a long way, but it was much better than I thought it would be. It would look great as an evening color.

I have Gingerbread Man and I added some foundation to it to tone it down a little (I needed something for my eyes today and that was the only new color I could play with until my eye sampler order arrives <_< !) It turned out really nice!! Very subtle and a nice color. I used Fawn, Matte but I'm sure any foundation would work!

I'm in a quandry. I decided to stay home today and well, that means I have no where to go to put my make-up on! :lol: Maybe later I'll just play with my different brushes and see how they work. :P

Don't you LOVE days like this!!!

I just have to say I love love pick me up pink concealer. :wub: I don't know that it conceals anything, but I've been dusting it over my entire face and it adds a nice brightness. Love it. :lol::D

I have this and love it as a concealor - I never thought of using it as a finishing powder! Something to try tomorrow :D !

Rosebud710 Apprentice
Premium Foundation Brush - I just couldn't see how this would work...I'm used to a really big fluffy brush for foundation, and this looked so small. Well, it actually worked VERY well. I'm really surprised. I thought for sure it would clump the foundation all in one place, but it didn't seem to do that at all. I DO think it might use a little more product, but I also think it does a better job of coverage on the first pass, so maybe that evens out. I almost didn't need concealer on my spots!

Eve Brush - Wasn't sure I'd like this either, but surprisingly I did. I used it for applying blush and it did a very nice job. I still like the kabuki brush a little better for this application, but I did like it.

Eyeliner - Very nice. Works the same as the BE brush I have...maybe a little better because I think it's a little finer line.

Angled Brow - This is the one that comes with the mini eyeshadow kit. I don't like it for applying eyeshadow, but I do like it for applying and softening/smudging eyeliner. I suspect it will work very well for brows as well.

Fan Brush - I couldn't imagine what I would use this for, but after applying the eyeliner I had the always present flakes of eyeliner on my check bones...I usually just wipe it off with a tissue, which almost always leaves a little black streak right at the stupid dark circle line, lol. I used this fan brush to brush off the flakes and they all came off without streaking! Very pleased. The brush is VERY soft even over the eye area.

Donna,

Thank you for the review!! I bought the Premium Foundation Brush in my first order and I didn't like how it worked - too stiff. I think I'll give it another try!

Joni63 Collaborator
Well, I have an eyeshadow sampler in my cart just waiting for the next special. I must have changed the colors about 50 times, but here's the current lineup:

Cherry Fizz

Emerald Eyeliner

Well Being

Rare Silk

Snowflakes

Pressed Olive

To Do List

Shopping Spree

Silver Spoon

Mystic Night

Come on January 10!

I am doing the same thing. I keep going back and changing colors. The longer I wait for January 10th, the more changes I make.

Heres my eyeshadow lineup:

Cypress

Ginger Peach

Diary

Exhale

Snowflakes

Hot Chocolate

Bedtime Story

Spin Cycle

Cherry Fizz

Morocco

My Personal Custom Kit Mini:

Plum Dust (blush)

Email Me (blush)

Apple (blush)

Once and Again (blush)

Weekend Getaway (blush)

Beige Medium Beige Neutral Sami-Matte - foundation

Free Sample Kit

Warm, Beige Medium - Original Glow

Cool, Medium - Matte

Beige, Light Medium - Semi-Matte

Concealer - Pick me up

Blush - Light Pink

Lip colors:

Plum Dust and Siesta

Brushes:

Everyday Eye Shadow Brush

Oval Concealer Brush

I'm really wanting to place this order! I love the makeup, but I really like getting the brushes and experimenting with them! :)

So today was a play day...no where to go and nothing to do, but I decided to play with my brushes.

Glad you got to play today. That's the best part! :D

Great brush reviews, Donna!

The more I try the Premium Foundation Brush, the more I like it, lol. Now, I'm trying it out with the different types of foundation. I think the first time I tried it I just didn't know how to put it on, but the more experimenting I do the better the foundation looks when it's applied with this brush.

:lol: I think a lot of us have the mini eyeshadow kit and the mini personal kit just sitting in our carts....waiting for the next special (which better be good, after all this lol)

Yes, I'm really hoping for at least 10 percent, the 2 NEW brushes, and Comfy and Apple, lol. :P

Anyone have any real complaints or any products that they really don't like at all? Overall, I can't say there is anything that is totally awful or can't work in some other capacity.

Yep, I'll be part of the EM bunch for a long time!

dlp252 Apprentice

Sheesh, what are we going to do in a month or two once we've ordered everything there is to order. :lol:

Thank you for the review!! I bought the Premium Foundation Brush in my first order and I didn't like how it worked - too stiff. I think I'll give it another try!

I think the trick was to keep it light handed and keep it moving, lol. It could also be that I put the brush down on the spot that needed the most coverage, lol.

Anyone have any real complaints or any products that they really don't like at all? Overall, I can't say there is anything that is totally awful or can't work in some other capacity.

I can't think of anything I didn't like that couldn't be used in some other way that I did like. The closest thing has been the spring pink lip gloss...for some reason the color just doesn't look on me. But, I can put another color over or under it and it will look good (and I do that frequently with a lot of my lip colors) so that isn't enough to keep me from wearing it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cruelshoes Enthusiast

The only thing I have found that isn't working for me is the first blush I got - text message. It's way too dark red and brown. I tried it as a lip color and it's too dark that way, too. Maybe I could mix it with something. Haven't tried that yet. I think the color swatches on the EM website are somewhat misleading but the color card they sent me with my first order is a lot more accurate.

I got jump rope blush as a sample with my last order, and I think I might like it even more than chit chat. It's got less sparkle and is a nice rosy color. It think it will make a great eye color, too. THe best thing about this makeup is that you can use it in so many different ways.

Can we keep ordering sample kits every time we place an order? I think it's a great way to try lots of blushes and foundations, but I can't help feeling like a hog if I keep doing it.....

mftnchn Explorer

I really like jump rope, it is a rose-mauve I think. And yes, it is my understanding that we can order a sample kit every time. I notice that some things like lip gloss aren't in the samples, so I think what they are doing is great. It takes a lot of trial and error to find the right color foundation.

Joni63 Collaborator
The only thing I have found that isn't working for me is the first blush I got - text message. It's way too dark red and brown. I tried it as a lip color and it's too dark that way, too. Maybe I could mix it with something. Haven't tried that yet. I think the color swatches on the EM website are somewhat misleading but the color card they sent me with my first order is a lot more accurate.

I got jump rope blush as a sample with my last order, and I think I might like it even more than chit chat. It's got less sparkle and is a nice rosy color. It think it will make a great eye color, too. THe best thing about this makeup is that you can use it in so many different ways.

Can we keep ordering sample kits every time we place an order? I think it's a great way to try lots of blushes and foundations, but I can't help feeling like a hog if I keep doing it.....

In my first order I got Sunday Brunch and it is too dark and too orange. It does look that way in the picture and I had no idea what colors I was supposed to wear. I think that is the most orange-ish one they have, lol.

I order a sample kit each time. I'm sure if they didn't want us to they would put a restriction on and limit 1 per customer instead of 1 per order. Don't feel like a hog, they want us to keep getting the samples of things because it probably leads to more future orders for them anyway.

I have Chit Chat too, but I'm leaning more toward the blushes without sparkle. I don't mind the eye shadows with sparkle, but for me the blushes look better when they are matte.

dlp252 Apprentice

Well oddity of oddities, I think Nick Nack may be my new favorite blush color, lol. I'm wearing it again, and it's just the softest shade of pinky peach. Goes perfect with the salmon pink colored sweater I'm wearing.

I've ordered one every time I've ordered, lol. I sometimes wish they'd offer two kinds of free sample kits...one as it is, and maybe one where you can pick any combo of mini sample size offerings. I think I'm reaching the end of my "foundation" sampling, but want to try more blushes, eye shadows and finishing dust.

dlp252 Apprentice

Do they have a new eye color, or have I just never noticed it before...Samba Lessons. It's a really dark brown that looks like it would be great for an eyeliner!

Mango04 Enthusiast

Aahhh...I thought I had my mini eyeshadow kit all worked out...but... :o they have new colors today! (or at least ones I hadn't noticed before). I see Samba Lessons and Smokey Pink. Were those there before? I think I want them :lol:

Well oddity of oddities, I think Nick Nack may be my new favorite blush color, lol. I'm wearing it again

I feel that way about Soft Touch. It was the first one I tried and I didn't think I liked it, but now I end up wearing it everyday :D

Hmmm...products that don't work for me...just a couple lip glosses, but I must have strange lips or something, b/c I can never find lip colors. Many of the blush powders work well on my lips though :)

Rosebud710 Apprentice

My order came! My order came!! :D:D:D

First I have to say I'm going to order the bowls with my next order! They are a pretty lavendar color and they are actually measuring bowls!! From 1/8C to 2C! I'll have one for make-up bathroom stuff and the other for cooking. Pretty smart, eh ;) !

I don't have a chance to try out my sampler right now, but later! I can't wait - it's like Christmas again :lol: !

Mango, today I used PMUP as a foundation! It was completely by accident! I was in a rush and I thought I put on my foundation so I put PMUP on top of Multi-Tasking and it gave me a nice pinkish glow to my skin! It accentuated the nice honkin' zit that landed right on the tip of my nose :rolleyes: !

I can't say anything bad about the items I ordered! If it's too dark, I can always lighten it up. I love the fact that we're not "stuck" with that color!

Rosebud710 Apprentice
Do they have a new eye color, or have I just never noticed it before...Samba Lessons. It's a really dark brown that looks like it would be great for an eyeliner!

Ooooo! I love browns!! I use a brown pencil as an eyeliner! I need to sit down one afternoon and practice on using the brush as an eyeliner. But how do I do the lower part of the eye??

Mango04 Enthusiast

haha you beat me to it! It's new I think, and it's in my cart, along with smokey pink.

(Do I really need 12 eyeshadows and 6 blushes)? :ph34r::lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

YAY!!! Laura's order came! Can't wait to hear how you like everything!

dlp252 Apprentice
(Do I really need 12 eyeshadows and 6 blushes)? :ph34r::lol:

Of course you do! A girl's gotta have choices! :lol:

Rosebud710 Apprentice

Ooooo! I love browns!! I use a brown pencil as an eyeliner! I need to sit down one afternoon and practice on using the brush as an eyeliner. But how do I do the lower part of the eye??

Rosebud710 Apprentice

Rosebud710 Apprentice

Sorry about the double post - I had a hard time posting this. The board mentioned something about 'flood control' - we are all just sooo excited about our make-up we all need to post at once ;) !

dlp252 Apprentice

I LOVE the brush and minerals for eyeliner...it is not has harsh as even a pencil. I use the brush on the lower lid too, but I don't reload the brush after I do the upper lid. Usually there's a little still left on the brush, but not a lot, so it makes a not to dark smokiness instead of a line. That usually works although sometimes I DO have to put a little more eyeliner on the brush.

Mango04 Enthusiast

Do you have the everyday eyeliner brush? That one makes it really easy. The trick is to tap the brush really well to get rid of the excess, or you'll end up with little specks on your cheeks (apparantly the fan brush takes care of that though :D)

Rosebud710 Apprentice

I do have the ED eyeliner brush, so I'll give it a try!

Thanks Donna & Mango!!

(Adding Samba Lessons to my cart right now)

Joni63 Collaborator

Hey Everyone,

Oooh, new colors. I'll have to go check them out!!!

Laura, I use the eye liner wet. I just sprinkle out some mineral powder in the lid, add about 1/2 drop of water and mix it up. Draw a thin line about in the middle of my bottom lashes out to the corner and under the lashes. I read somewhere that eye liner should not be applied above the lower lashe becaue it can get into your eye and cause irritation. It is really easy to apply this way and it comes out really natural looking.

Good luck trying eye liner.

Archived