Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mango04

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

There are actually TWO new colors - Autumn Afternoon (pearl) and Samba Lessons (shimmer). Well crap. This means I will have to shuffle my mini sampler AGAIN!!!! ;)

There are actually TWO new colors - Autumn Afternoon (pearl) and Samba Lessons (shimmer). Well crap. This means I will have to shuffle my mini sampler AGAIN!!!! ;)

THREE :D - Smokey Pink is new too!

^&*@#%^&%&!#%*&^*& Geaaaaaahhhhhh - eye color overload. Can't handle all the choices!!!!!!

:)

I added another kit. :ph34r::lol:

Sad thing is, the whole thing will probably change once they put up the new offer, lol. :lol:

LOL! What is EM trying to do to those of use who have perfectly loaded carts! Egads!

I know! They must geniuses over there, because now, in addition to the two extra eye shadows, I want to order even more stuff. It must all be part of some big master plan lol.

Is anybody else a little bit intrigued by the pressed powder? I'm tempted to risk $12 to try it, but I've heard mixed reviews, so...I dunno :unsure:

Well, I've never been a huge fan of pressed powder, so I haven't been tempted yet. I probably SHOULD be a pressed powder fan since I have oily spots, but it never looks right on me. I AM going to try some finishing dust next order though. :P

I added another kit. :ph34r::lol:

Which kit did you add?

My cart keeps growing and growing. :o To make myself feel better, I think I'll go check out the ridiculous expensiveness of all the BM stuff on sephora.com lol :P

Which kit did you add?

My cart keeps growing and growing. :o To make myself feel better, I think I'll go check out the ridiculous expensiveness of all the BM stuff on sephora.com lol :P

I know it! I added the personal kit (full sizes) because I had the two new brushes in my cart and I wanted to get the two new colors and a foundation, lol. So I figured it was just cheaper to get the kit in the end. :P I suspect some of this will change if the new offer is right.

I also have the personal kit (mini sizes) and the mini eyeshadow kit PLUS a free sample kit. :lol:

ETA: Who knew there were so many things left to buy. :lol: :lol:

Hmmmm! I JUST bought a 10 sampler - now I'll probably have more eye make-up than I ever had in my life!! I still haven't gotten that make-up case :rolleyes: !

Is anybody else a little bit intrigued by the pressed powder? I'm tempted to risk $12 to try it, but I've heard mixed reviews, so...I dunno :unsure:

I've bought pressed powder in the past, but only for the convenience of having it in my purse. Funny thing is that I never used it. I guess I'm not one to "powder my nose", so to speak :lol: !

Much better now Mango?

I know it! I added the personal kit (full sizes) because I had the two new brushes in my cart and I wanted to get the two new colors and a foundation, lol. So I figured it was just cheaper to get the kit in the end. :P I suspect some of this will change if the new offer is right.

I also have the personal kit (mini sizes) and the mini eyeshadow kit PLUS a free sample kit. :lol:

Donna, you mean there are still items you haven't purchased!! Come on girlfriend, chop, chop! :P

Mango, if I had known back in December how popular this product was going to be, I would have purchased stock in this company. I guess it's not too late ^_^ !

Pretty soon, there won't be a single color at least one of us hasn't tried.

Unless they keep adding new colors... :blink:

I think they have a plan...and it's to keep changing products monthly so we have to place new orders monthly. Pretty smart marketing plan. Wish I owned stock in EM too!

Donna, you mean there are still items you haven't purchased!! Come on girlfriend, chop, chop! :P

Amazing isn't it!?!? :lol: They messed me up by adding new colors. Good new colors. And, new brushes. Stupid marketing plans, lol. :lol:

One BM blush is $18. I'm getting six blushes for that price. :P Smaller containers I"m sure...but more colors to play with :D

Okay, that makes ME feel better too, lol.

I repeat...stupid marketing plan, lol. :lol:

I think they have a plan...and it's to keep changing products monthly so we have to place new orders monthly. Pretty smart marketing plan. Wish I owned stock in EM too!

And again I say, stupid marketing plan, lol. :lol:

Do they have stock?! :lol:

No, but they should!

I got out of the shower today and looked at my face before applying my makeup and my skin looks really good and clear. I almost didn't put on my EM foundation. I think it's because all the other makeup I would use on my face would just mess my skin up terribly.

Are the minerals actually really good for your skin?

It's really nice to have such a clean, healthy look to my face before applying makup, lol!

I have been reading along with your makeup "cult" :P:lol: and I decided to post (although I thought I posted a while ago but now I can't find it...).

I use presvriptives and I have no idea if it's gluten-free or not...never bothered to check. :unsure: I ordered a little sample kit of this stuff a while ago, used it once and didn't like it, so I stopped. BUT, I don't think I gave EM a fair chance. ;)

I got:

Swimming Pool

Mint

Sunkisssed Fair (matte)

Light (matte)

Sandy Medium (matte)

I think the reason I didn't like them is because I didn't use a good brush. Can anyone suggest a brush that I could get at bloomingdales (got a gift card :D)

I have been reading along with your makeup "cult" :P:lol: and I decided to post (although I thought I posted a while ago but now I can't find it...).

I use presvriptives and I have no idea if it's gluten-free or not...never bothered to check. :unsure: I ordered a little sample kit of this stuff a while ago, used it once and didn't like it, so I stopped. BUT, I don't think I gave EM a fair chance. ;)

I got:

Swimming Pool

Mint

Sunkisssed Fair (matte)

Light (matte)

Sandy Medium (matte)

I think the reason I didn't like them is because I didn't use a good brush. Can anyone suggest a brush that I could get at bloomingdales (got a gift card :D)

Hi Kassandra,

Welcome to the cult...er um.. club!

I can't really recommend any brushes from other places because I've only used the ones from EM. But what I can tell you is that the brush makes all the difference in the world. I tried to apply eye shadow with a foam tip brush and it did not work at all. I also have used a couple different EM brushes for the foundation and found out a lot of it is in the technique you use to apply the makeup. I was using stiff brush for foundation at first and it was clumping makeup in one spot so I switched to a looser brush and it was working fine. Went back to the stiff brush and tapped a little more makeup off the brush before applying and it really blends into my skin so well now. It really takes some 'playing' around with the makeup to learn what works best for you.

Good luck, hope you find some great brushes and EM works out well for you! It's really a lot of fun!

I got:

Swimming Pool

Mint

Sunkisssed Fair (matte)

Light (matte)

Sandy Medium (matte)

Hey Kassandra, for beginning mineral application, one like this might be good (I have something like this from Bare Minerals):

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/prod...64*1*24*-1*-1*3

I currently use something like this (but it's a True Mineral brush):

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/prod...40*1*24*-1*-1*6

The premium foundation brush at Everyday Minerals is pretty good, but I think it's a little harder to use than the thicker, softer brushes, especially if you aren't used to mineral makeup. I think it gives a little thicker coverage.

It really takes some 'playing' around with the makeup to learn what works best for you.

No truer words were ever spoken, lol!

EM is supposed to be getting in a new Angled Blush Brush and another Baby Kabuki brush at some point. I need a really good blush brush. I'm not reallysatisfied with the round brushes for blush and I think an angled one would work very well.

You know, we will probably all place our orders and then the 'new' brushes will come in, lol!

Joni, :lol: yes, that's probably true.

I do have an angled blush brush, and that's what I was using before I got the long handled kabuki. I loved that too, lol.

Hi EM bunch!

I am so far behind on all the posts, have to go back and get all caught up.

Kass, I would suggest you get a kabuki brush. I am sure Bloomingdales has lots of great brands to choose from. I use the Bare Minerals/Bare Escentuals kabuki brush. A kabuki brush is esential (imo) for buffing the mineral makeups in to the the skin and that is what is going to give you the coverage you are looking for.

I also wanted to chime in on the Pick Me Up Pink concealer, I am anxiously awaiting its arrival in my next sample kit (that should be more than on its way, possibly getting here today :D )

Mango, have you tried applying it as a base to your foundation? I am just wondering if it is meant to go on under or over the foundation?

Hi EM bunch!

I am so far behind on all the posts, have to go back and get all caught up.

Kass, I would suggest you get a kabuki brush. I am sure Bloomingdales has lots of great brands to choose from. I use the Bare Minerals/Bare Escentuals kabuki brush. A kabuki brush is essential (imo) for buffing the mineral makeups in to the the skin and that is what is going to give you the coverage you are looking for.

I also wanted to chime in on the Pick Me Up Pink concealer, I am anxiously awaiting its arrival in my next sample kit (that should be more than on its way, possibly getting here today :D )

Mango, have you tried applying it as a base to your foundation? I am just wondering if it is meant to go on under or over the foundation?

So what are everybody's favorite color creations?

I've been mixing emerald with favorite hoodie to make a really pretty smokey olive eyeliner.

I also like natural lip gloss combined with photo album.

It really takes some 'playing' around with the makeup to learn what works best for you

So true! A lot of colors I don't like at first end up being my favorites after I've played around with them a bit.

I have been reading along with your makeup "cult" and I decided to post

Welcome to the crazy monster make-up cult :D I bet Bloomingdales will have some good brushes. Big fluffy kabuki type brushes work well. Flat top brushes are good too. Basically you want something kind of dense (but soft) that will pick up the minerals and buff them into your skin.

I haven't tried it as a base yet. I use the Eve brush, which provides very light coverage, and dust it over my entire face after foundation (and concealer and finishing powder). It doesn't look pink, but just adds a little brightness, and when I do this a feel I can go without any bronzer. :)

I have really pale dull skin though so I don't know if this method would work for everybody. I dab a little PMUP around the outer corner of my eyes too. It's subtle but I like it. I'm going to try light pink as well, which I think might have a similiar, but slightly more dewy effect.

I got out of the shower today and looked at my face before applying my makeup and my skin looks really good and clear. I almost didn't put on my EM foundation. I think it's because all the other makeup I would use on my face would just mess my skin up terribly.

I'm noticing that too! My skin is suddenly softer and smoother withough make-up on. Weird! :D

I haven't tried it as a base yet. I use the Eve brush, which provides very light coverage, and dust it over my entire face after foundation (and concealer and finishing powder). It doesn't look pink, but just adds a little brightness, and when I do this a feel I can go without any bronzer. :)

I have really pale dull skin though so I don't know if this method would work for everybody. I dab a little PMUP around the outer corner of my eyes too. It's subtle but I like it. I'm going to try light pink as well, which I think might have a similiar, but slightly more dewy effect.

Sounds like, no matter how we put it on or wear it there are no wrongs with this stuff! :lol:

I haven't had much of a chance to play with colors, most of my days are makeup free since I work out of my home :lol:

Oh no, is this grounds for dismissal from the cult?!?!?!

• Forum Discussions

Hi Megan, I had the same exact symptoms. Sometimes I wonder if it's a glutton mishap or a food allergy which I believe are caused by consumption of gluten. I did review my diet and I can a few offenders such as soy. I am sensitive to soy unless...
    Thank you Ranchers Wife.  Since I'm asymptomatic, I would not know if I had gluten. I cannot imagine having to worry about getting sick from cross-contamination. 
    Hi Jenna1028, They test for DH by taking a small skin biopsy from clear skin next to a lesion.  If you have DH, you have celiac disease.  But, you need to be eating a gluten diet for 12 weeks (gluten challenge) before getting the skin bi...