Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mango04

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Great tips Sherry! Thanks :)

I just ordered my sample kit this afternoon, I found it really hard to make the choice on colors. I'm glad they have all those color guides and explanations to help, but I still found it difficult :lol:

Yeah, I had the same trouble, I found people that said calling the company they were very very helpful. Out of my first samples, I found one foundation I thought was a match. The blush was too strong/dark, so I mixed with some foundation and it worked well.

The second set I found an even better foundation match, and a blush match. Now, in the next samples, I want to try the different coverage formulas.

I thought I was close enough to be able to buy a kit with regular sizes--it is so much cheaper. I am pretty pleased with what I got, just prefer one of the foundations and probably will give the other one away.

My next purchase will be a mini kit, to be easier for travel.

I am so pleased to not have any reactivity to this, I hope all of you do well on it. I couldn't believe how often I saw bismuth in makeup when I started looking.

Well, I finally went and ordered some samples! Can't wait till they get here. I've always wanted to try the mineral make-ups as well, but they've been so expensive!

I sure hope you all like this. Ravenwoodglass, I am really enjoying being able to wear makeup. Feeling crummy and thinking I look crummy too was really depressing. I sure hope it works for you.

OK all you girly-girls. This stuff is hard. How am I supposed to pick the right color for me. I don't know if my skin is ruddy with yellow undertones or cool with pink overtones. Is there an easy way to figure out what color is good for you? My skin is....skin colored. Would they be able to walk me through it if I called them? We have a store in town that sells the Bare Escentuals line. Maybe if I went in there for a consultation (it's free) they would be able to tell me and I sould translate it into the Everyday Essentials line?

I am makeup deficient! ;)

OK all you girly-girls. This stuff is hard.

It IS hard, lol. I am Italian/hispanic with a touch of Polish, lol. I have very dark brown hair and dark brown eyes...I've always thought my skin was olive, but on the lighter side. Going by that I should take a medium color, but in the BE line, I actually take one of the lightest shades of foundation. So, for my three color choices I picked one of the lightest shades in three different categories. :P

When I was trying to decide on my sample kit for the everyday, I spent probably 30 minutes just trying to figure out what shades to order, lol. I'll just have to wait until I receive them to see if I made the correct choices, lol.

I hear if you email them a picture of yourself with no make-up in natural lighting, they're good at picking colors for you (don't know if that's true though - just something I read somewhere else online).

I sure hope you all like this. Ravenwoodglass, I am really enjoying being able to wear makeup. Feeling crummy and thinking I look crummy too was really depressing. I sure hope it works for you.

I can't wait. The last 5 years of my illness aged me 20. I am now even starting to understand why folks would want a face lift. :D I thought finding a safe haircolor was the greatest this has me thinking about 'prettying myself up' and finding someplace to go sometime soon. I haven't done that is soooo long.

I also had a hard time figuring out what colors to get. It sounds like we can get more than one sample kit if the colors I ordered are not right. Am I correct about that? I can't wait to try these.

When I was trying to decide on my sample kit for the everyday, I spent probably 30 minutes just trying to figure out what shades to order, lol.

Same here :lol: I particularly paid attention in the foundation color guide to if the skin burns or not and the color of the veins on the underside of the arm, that's what helped me make my final decision.

Colleen, Sherry recommended calling the company, that they were very helpful in picking out colors specific for you.

Going to Bare Minerals wouldn't be much help IMO because they seem to only have about a handful of different shades of foundation in comparison to the many EM offer. But then again, maybe an expert at a make-up counter could tell you if you are a cool/warm with yellow/pink undertones, or olive, etc.

It also sounds like we can order more samples to find our perfect shade, it's just one per order. SO, I think I'll take a look again in a couple of days and order another sample kit with different colors.

The blush was too strong/dark, so I mixed with some foundation and it worked well.

Ooops, see that was my problem looking at the blush colors- they all looked really really light so I went with a little bit darker blush. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake and should have gone with the lighter, because the dark might be too dark.

This is what I ordered:

Foundation (all in intensive)- Cool Fair, Cool Medium, Cool Multi-Tasking Neutral

Blush B&B

Mint Concealer

Also,I could not understand all the different foundation types, matte, semi matte, intensive....I just want foundation please :lol::lol:

Same here :lol: I particularly paid attention in the foundation color guide to if the skin burns or not and the color of the veins on the underside of the arm, that's what helped me make my final decision.

Colleen, Sherry recommended calling the company, that they were very helpful in picking out colors specific for you.

Going to Bare Minerals wouldn't be much help IMO because they seem to only have about a handful of different shades of foundation in comparison to the many EM offer. But then again, maybe an expert at a make-up counter could tell you if you are a cool/warm with yellow/pink undertones, or olive, etc.

It also sounds like we can order more samples to find our perfect shade, it's just one per order. SO, I think I'll take a look again in a couple of days and order another sample kit with different colors.

Ooops, see that was my problem looking at the blush colors- they all looked really really light so I went with a little bit darker blush. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake and should have gone with the lighter, because the dark might be too dark.

This is what I ordered:

Foundation (all in intensive)- Cool Fair, Cool Medium, Cool Multi-Tasking Neutral

Blush B&B

Mint Concealer

Also,I could not understand all the different foundation types, matte, semi matte, intensive....I just want foundation please :lol::lol:

:lol: I know I was overwhelmed by it too LOL, but I ordered one foundation in matte, one semi-matte and one intensive. It was pretty obvious right away that I liked intensive the best.

I ordered the same foundation colors as you Julie. Cool multi-tasking neutral seems to be a good match for me.

I should have warned everyone the blush is really dark. I got Back to School in my samples. It's really light in the jar but super dark on my face (but I have a really pale face). When I placed my real order I got Soft Touch blush (or something like that), so hopefully that one will be better :)

I'm a little confused about mixing of the makeups.

Can any of them (meaning eye colors, blush, etc.) be mixed together to create different shades that can be used as eye, lip, or blush colors?

If so, how can you go wrong? You can always use colors up by mixing them with something darker or lighter, right?

And how do you mix the dry colors with the lip glosses?

I'm so excited about the potential here. In my kit I ordered:

Sunlight Color Corrector (for dark circles)

Sunday Brunch blush or face color

Warm-Medium Beige summer in matte

Beige Medium Beige Neutral in original glow

and warm-medium beige in intensive

Then I ordered Cherry Fizz Lip color, Smokey Eyeliner, and the Everyday Eye Liner Brush and the Premium Foundation Brush.

All for less then $20.00 including shipping.

Don't forget to use the discount and get 10% off until December 10th!!!!

I couldn't find the eyeliner!!! Bah, I'll have to go back and look again.

It took me nearly an hour to choose foundations, lol! I finally chose a medium-light in 3 different categories.

I did go with a very light blush. I'm normally a no-makeup person. I wear it only a few times a year. Approaching my 30th birthday, though, and noticing a lot of blotchy-ness that didn't used to be there, sigh. I also got the under-eye circle concealer.

I can't believe how inexpensive this makeup is. I have a feeling this may be my new indulgence... :lol:

I couldn't find the eyeliner!!! Bah, I'll have to go back and look again.

It took me nearly an hour to choose foundations, lol! I finally chose a medium-light in 3 different categories.

I did go with a very light blush. I'm normally a no-makeup person. I wear it only a few times a year. Approaching my 30th birthday, though, and noticing a lot of blotchy-ness that didn't used to be there, sigh. I also got the under-eye circle concealer.

I can't believe how inexpensive this makeup is. I have a feeling this may be my new indulgence... :lol:

The eyeliner is under matte finish in the eye colors section. Theres black and grey, but the way I understand it you could use any of those colors for eye liners. It also took me a while to figure out foundations...still don't know if I am right. I might have picked colors too dark.

And how do you mix the dry colors with the lip glosses?

I'm so excited about the potential here. In my kit I ordered:

Don't forget to use the discount and get 10% off until December 10th!!!!

I used to dip clear chap stick into my Bare Minerals and put it on my lips that way. Maybe you can do the same thing with the Everyday Minerals lip gloss and dry colors (?)

I used to dip clear chap stick into my Bare Minerals and put it on my lips that way. Maybe you can do the same thing with the Everyday Minerals lip gloss and dry colors (?)

Thank you Mango04, that sounds easy enough to do.

Ok ladies, anyone get their samples? Tried them?

We'd love to hear about it!

Nope, not yet. I paid by check so I expect mine will take a bit longer so they can see if my check is good. :P

My sample pack came today!! :D

I've already have make-up on, so I'll have to experiment tomorrow. Already I can see the blush I chose is going to be dark.

If all goes well, I have my order just waiting for me to click "pay". I ordered everything - including the brushes - and it came to less than $50 (with the 10% discount). What a deal B) !

Let us know how you make out. I think I ordered samples that will be on the dark side too.

I emailed the company and asked them if I could send a picture and they could help me select the best shades and colors for my skin and they said YES! I think that's what I'm going to do before I place my big order. Being able to send a picture will be a huge help to those of us who are unsure of our skin types and tones and what colors would look best on us. I'm just not good at picking out those things for myself. It's nice to know they are willing to be so helpful! And I feel like I'm going to get a personal consultation.

I love this make up! :D It feels so light on my skin and very natural! The blush, it turns out, was not too dark after all (I got Girls Day). I have rather large pores on and around my nose so I tried the concealer wet today and I think it worked out fine. I placed my order tonight (got my 10% discout :)) and hopefully I'll get my things later this week.

Thanks Mango04!!

Well, the shipping company (dhl) somehow sent my stuff to the wrong city <_<, so it took forever (okay one whole week lol) to get here, but...according to the dhl website, my new make-up is currently waiting for me at my front door. :D I can't wait to get home from work and try it out!

Did anyone else get their samples?

I just checked in to see if anyone received their samples. I wonder if mine are in some other city too, lol, I ordered last Wednesday so mine are very over due. Yes, it feels like forever <_<

I was hoping to get them before the discount expired so I could get those other freebies they were offering.

Let us know how you like them Mango04!

The last discount thing ended but now they have a new one. 7% off and some free stuff :D

I really like what I got :D . I love the mint concealer. Cool Reflections Pink finishing powder is really great too. Both help neutralize the red marks on my face.

Soft Touch blush is a pretty color but really light (too light actually). It's pretty as a subtle lip color though.

I got Morning Cup blush with the hopes of using it as a bronzer, but I like it better as an eyeshadow. Exhale eye color is really pretty as an eyeliner, but it also works as a bronzer. Emerald eye color is nice too.

I got Spring Pink lip color. I don't like it on me. It's turns sort of orangey and is very sheer. It's the only item I got that I really don't like. I always have trouble finding lip colors though.

OH....and the company is so nice! My order was actually a bit less than $50, but they gave me the free gifts anyhow :D

Alright well I hope the shipping company sends all of your samples to the right cities soon! Everything's probably all nutty b/c of the holidays :blink:

:)