This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

TrillumHunter Enthusiast

I've been reading this thread for a bit but haven't posted. I'm going to jump in now!

I LOVE this stuff! I used BM for a while, decided it was too expensive, went back to drugstore stuff. Oh man, big mistake! I was so broken out and aggravated when finally.....I can across this thread! Yeah!

I love the Weekend getaway blush. So soft and natural.

The cleansing wipes are just fantastic! I was using four steps on my skin. Now, I'm using only these. Hard to believe, isn't it? I have very sensitive skin and these leave my face clean and soft. For $3.50 for 80 you have got to try them. I am in love with these things!

Isn't make-up fun!?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confused Community Regular

Well I have my make up on and im sad.....................I should of ordered lip stick and eye shadow, I only feel half made up lol, it isnt fun using ur old stuff with this cool stuff.The foundation i got is perfect but the concelor sucks, it is way too light. So i for sure need to get the mint stuff to hide my redness and dh. Maybe once it has time to set it will look better lol.Oh and by the way it comes out so much better when u take the tape off lmaoI think i should of been born an blond lolpaula

dlp252 Apprentice

So, because of some freak of nature or act of God, my clock somehow got changed to be an hour ahead, so instead of 4:40, I got up at 3:40 this morning. :o Bad news you say!? Not so, because that gave me plenty of time to put on a full face of makeup. :lol: So, I'm wearing the works today....foundation, eye color, eye liner, mascara, blush, lip gloss, lol. Normally on a work day I only wear foundation, blush and lip gloss, most because I don't have the time. We'll see if anyone notices. :P

AND, another good thing, is that I've decided to get more sample pots of my favorite colors and leave them here at work with a little set of brushes, so that I can touch up, or add stuff if I want to. :P

Ok donna, u just made me feel like an idiot, i never checked for tape over the dots lol.

Um............. :huh:

:ph34r:

Didn't mean to make anyone feel bad, lol. It's just that it took me a LOOONNNNNGGGG time to figure out why the minerals weren't coming out, lol. I finally stuck my fingernail in there and started scraping and to my amazement, the tape came off, lol.

Just ordered the sample kit...i am hoping to love it. I have been using Bare Minerals for a while, is the coverage as good with Everyday minerals? I still use Chanel lip gloss...it is also gluten-free.

Hey, welcome to the cult, lol! Yes, I think it has every bit as good coverage as BM does. I've used Bare Minerals for years. In the last few years, I went down to only wearing makeup on Sundays and special ocassions and every time I did I broke out within a day, so last year I tried a different mineral foundation that my hair stylist carries in her salon. Still only wore that once a week, and still seemed to break out within a day or so of wearing it. Now, I DO tend to break out at the drop of a hat these days, but with EM I don't notice it so much. I am still breaking out here and there, but it doesn't seem tied to the makeup anymore. The coverage is fantastic...I can go has sheer or as heavy as I like, and I had a MUCH easier time finding a match to my skin color/tone for the foundation for some reason.

I'll try one more time but this how it turns out to be far more expensive then Bare Minerals... its trial and error whereas with BM I can try them on in Sephora.

Yeah, this is the hard part. I have several BE stores and Several Sephora stores close by, so yeah, it's convenient. Even $3.95 for shipping can add up after a while compared to FREE, lol. But, I do agree that reading the descriptions of the color in combination with looking at the picture has saved me a couple of times.

I went a little too light the first sample kit too. I hit the right two categories though, just went a little too light. I fit well into the "cool" and "olive" categories.

I've been reading this thread for a bit but haven't posted. I'm going to jump in now!

I LOVE this stuff! I used BM for a while, decided it was too expensive, went back to drugstore stuff. Oh man, big mistake! I was so broken out and aggravated when finally.....I can across this thread! Yeah!

I love the Weekend getaway blush. So soft and natural.

The cleansing wipes are just fantastic! I was using four steps on my skin. Now, I'm using only these. Hard to believe, isn't it? I have very sensitive skin and these leave my face clean and soft. For $3.50 for 80 you have got to try them. I am in love with these things!

Hey, welcome to you too!! I've "seen" you reading before, and so glad you decided to join in!

Yeah, see my response above re breaking out, lol. This is SOOOO much better for my skin. Weekend Getaway was the first blush color I tried and still love it, lol.

Wow, you've tried the wipes already, lol. I'm jealous! :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice
Oh and by the way it comes out so much better when u take the tape off lmaoI think i should of been born an blond

:lol: !!!

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh, and I forgot to say that my order as "left the Fresno Hub" at 2:05 this morning! :lol: !! Yay, at least it's in the same state now! Fresno is not that far away, but it will probably take two more days to get here, lol. :P

Jestgar Rising Star
OKay, so you all DO know that the little mini containers have a cellophane tape thingy over the holes, right? :lol: It's not easy to see it but it's there, and there's no tab thingy like on the small or large sizes you just have to kind of scrape the tape off. Outside of that tape thing, my little holes haven't plugged up. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: <insert moron emoticon>

Hysterical, I wondered why they'd put non-functional sifters on the little pots. Still, for some of the things I do I like the open pot better.

GGGGAAAAAHHHH. Instead of spending my morning planning my day, I was wondering when my order would arrive so I could try out the new blush!!

And I was having so much fun putting on the makeup that I waaayyy over did it. I look like a tart! :D

dlp252 Apprentice
And I was having so much fun putting on the makeup that I waaayyy over did it. I look like a tart! :D

:lol: Yeah, I went the opposite today...I usually put on too much blush, so decided NOT to today...now I want more. One reason why I've decided to get more sample pots of my favorites to keep at work. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast
Didn't mean to make anyone feel bad, lol. It's just that it took me a LOOONNNNNGGGG time to figure out why the minerals weren't coming out, lol. I finally stuck my fingernail in there and started scraping and to my amazement, the tape came off, lol.

Donna, you are a GENIUS in my book!!!!!

I bow to you for figuring out this plugged hole mystery.....TAPE

genius

:lol::lol:

So, because of some freak of nature or act of God, my clock somehow got changed to be an hour ahead, so instead of 4:40, I got up at 3:40 this morning. :o Bad news you say!? Not so, because that gave me plenty of time to put on a full face of makeup. :lol:

:lol::lol:

Well, I'm glad you are so perky about having to get up one hour earlier than necessary!!

Just ordered the sample kit...i am hoping to love it. I have been using Bare Minerals for a while, is the coverage as good with Everyday minerals? I still use Chanel lip gloss...it is also gluten-free.

Welcom to the EM madness babinsky :lol:

I personally think the coverage with EM is better than the coverage I got with BE, at least it is for me.

Hi Trillum Hunter, so glad you jumped in!

It's good to hear you are enjoying your EM like the rest of us in this mad mkeup cult :lol:

Susan, I have to echo what everyone else said about the written descriptions of the foundation. I especially paid close attention to the details of each category. For example, how your skin reacts in the sun (i.e. burns, never tans, tans easily, etc) and the color of the veins, if seen at all, on the underside of the arm.

Based on that info alone, only 2 categories were a possibility for me.

Also, the people at EM are very helpful. I imagine if you email them or call them and let them know the problems you are having with foundation they picked for you, that it is too yellowing on you, that might give them a hint of what to try next.

That is the big downside, not being able to go somewhere locally and test out the colors to find your perfect match.

I think if you can find the right foundation color you will be set.

Green12 Enthusiast
Hysterical, I wondered why they'd put non-functional sifters on the little pots. Still, for some of the things I do I like the open pot better.

Yeah, I had the dumb on that one too :lol:

Well a tart is one way to go, luckily you have a plethora of EM tools to remedy the situation, concealers to bring down the redness, another layer of foundation, a nifty fan brush to wipe away the excess :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice
a nifty fan brush to wipe away the excess :lol:

Hey, speaking of which...I used it AGAIN for just that, lol. Since I had the time to put on a full face of makeup, I got the telltale specks of black eyeliner (didn't seem to happen with the smokey eyeliner by-the-way) on my cheekbones...the fan brush worked really well again to get that off without streaking it! Yay.

Jestgar Rising Star
I got the telltale specks of black eyeliner (didn't seem to happen with the smokey eyeliner by-the-way) on my cheekbones...the fan brush worked really well again to get that off without streaking it! Yay.

that's good to know. I always end up looking like I was trying to tattoo myself

dlp252 Apprentice

:lol: yeah, I usually end up looking a bit racoonish!

YAY, since the last time I checked my tracking info...um, about 20 minutes ago, lol...my order has arrived at Redwood City, left Redwood City and is "with delivery courier". Now THAT can mean anything from I'll get it in a few minutes, to I get it in a day or two, lol!!!! Hopefully it means I'll get it sometime before I leave today.

YAY...that means if I can figure out a way to get it on, I can try a blush color. :P (Of course, no brushes here today, and I don't think an appropriate brush was a free gift this time.)

babinsky Apprentice

OK....so I decided to just go ahead and order a bunch of stuff instead of waiting for my sample kit.....got a little carried away this morning..LOL I figured .... how can soooo many beautiful women be wrong! I am of Italian-Irish decent so my skin can go from fairly light in the winter months to fairly tan in the summer so I ordered a broad spectrum of foundation...4 different colors :rolleyes: ...figure that way I can mix them for my ever-changing skin. I ordered some brushes, blush, and some eye shadow but ordered all in the smaller sizes so I can see what I like. I never even bothered to look at the wipes...now I am sad :( Next time maybe...have to let my husband get over this order first :lol:

Mango04 Enthusiast

I am so behind today! Must catch up with my cult! :lol:

The tape thing is toooo funny! :lol::lol::lol:

So, my order has been just sitting at the dhl facility near my house for over 24 hours <_< and the wesite says it will be delivered to me tomorrow. <_< I ended up right behind a dhl van yesterday on my way home from work, and I thought maybe it was my stuff :lol:. It got all the way to my street and then kept going :(

I'm kind of bummed too, b/c I just went to the dermo, and she said nothing can be done for my acne scars :( I guess it's eight layers of EM everyday for the rest of my life :lol: Oh well! lol

dlp252 Apprentice
have to let my husband get over this order first :lol:

:lol: !!! That is too funny! OMGosh, you just went for it didn't you! :P

So, my order has been just sitting at the dhl facility near my house for over 24 hours <_< and the wesite says it will be delivered to me tomorrow. <_< I ended up right behind a dhl van yesterday on my way home from work, and I thought maybe it was my stuff :lol:. It got all the way to my street and then kept going :(

I'm kind of bummed too, b/c I just went to the dermo, and she said nothing can be done for my acne scars :( I guess it's eight layers of EM everyday for the rest of my life :lol: Oh well! lol

Big bummer all the way around--sorry about the scars!

I HATE when there is a delivery truck in front of me...or worse, I can hear it coming down the street, and look longingly outside and it keeps going (but THAT was back in the day when I could have it delivered to my home, lol). Now, I just have to get excited about the "with delivery courier" message. :P

Joni63 Collaborator

LOL, about the sifter. :D

You online makeup friends are hilarious!!!

Mango, I hope you get your order soon.

dlp252 Apprentice

OMGOSH, my order is SOMEWHERE in the building, lol! Status just changed to delivered (with a time of about 20 minutes ago).

Hot dang...now I just have to try to be patient...or will I hunt it down. Patient. Hunt down. :unsure:

Hunt down or lazy. :P

Mango04 Enthusiast

Okay you guys, this is pure craziness :unsure: ...but I'm thinking about cheating on the brand and ordering some liquid mousse foundation from Aubrey Nicole. :ph34r::lol: I'm about to start using something called Tazorac cream, which is supposed to make my skin really flakey, and I think it would be really great to have a liquid mineral foundation under my loose EM foundation.

First I'm going to see how I like the EM pressed powder, b/c I hear that gives really amazing coverage, but I dunno...I might have to venture out and *gasp* try another brand! :ph34r::unsure: LOL

Mango04 Enthusiast
OMGOSH, my order is SOMEWHERE in the building, lol! Status just changed to delivered (with a time of about 20 minutes ago).

Hot dang...now I just have to try to be patient...or will I hunt it down. Patient. Hunt down. :unsure:

Hunt down or lazy. :P

Go hunt it down!!!! : :lol::lol:

Mango04 Enthusiast

oops, dupe post

confused Community Regular
Okay you guys, this is pure craziness :unsure: ...but I'm thinking about cheating on the brand and ordering some liquid mousse foundation from Aubrey Nicole. :ph34r::lol: I'm about to start using something called Tazorac cream, which is supposed to make my skin really flakey, and I think it would be really great to have a liquid mineral foundation under my loose EM foundation.

First I'm going to see how I like the EM pressed powder, b/c I hear that gives really amazing coverage, but I dunno...I might have to venture out and *gasp* try another brand! :ph34r::unsure: LOL

let me know if u do get that and like it. Im so use to liquid cause i think it gives me more cover, so i would be willing to use that under Em. I wish hubby would get home with the debit card i need to make an order lol

paula

dlp252 Apprentice

{{{{GASP}}}}

:lol:

Actually, I've also been looking at the minerals that Susie posted about a few pages ago...they have some really fun colors. BUT, I've been holding back until I get all the eye colors from EM...which should be in about 30 minutes, max. :lol: :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

Ooooh, I misspoke...I'll have all the eyecolors after I hit CHECKOUT, lol.

confusedks Enthusiast

Okay everyone,

I haven't been following this thread :ph34r: because you guys are just SO busy! :lol:

I have a question though, how do you get it to last all day? It looks great for a couple hours, then it doesn't look good anymore. My mom thinks my skin is mineral hungry! :lol: :lol: ;)

Any ideas? I thought about using my smashbox photo finish, but it usually clogs my pores and I tend to break out when I wear it, which is *why* I am using EM, to PREVENT break-outs! :P

dlp252 Apprentice

OMGosh :lol: they just delivered my box. I am so excited...I haven't even really looked at the colors YET, but they sent the regular eye shadow BRUSH!!!! Yay! I thought I was getting another angled brush, but YAY, got the regular brush. That ALONE is worth the wait, lol. They also sent another liner brush...can't have too many of those, and of course the fan brush.

Okay, without flipping over the next roll of the tissue, Pink Ribbon looks to be a very nice pink. Corner Office looks a bit dark but a nice color overall. The natural reflections looks like a nice color for the finishing dust.

Smokey Pink doesn't look very pink, lol. More mauve, but a nice smokey color.

Okay, turning the tissue now... :lol:

Holy COW, did I order TWO 10 mini eyeshadows??? I've most certainly got 20 eyeshadows here, lol. NO wait...they mixed in the sampler kit with the eyeshadows, lol. Phew! I thought for a minute I got someone else's order. :)

It should be illegal to have this much fun!

Okay back in a little while once I've really looked at the eye colors.

Archived