This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

dlp252 Apprentice
Is it wierd that I signed up to be notified by text message on my cell phone when anything on my EM DHL shipment changes?

:ph34r:

Feeling like I have nothing else to add to the madness of this thread until my order gets here.......

Um, weird, um no, why would you say weird? :lol: Um, not that I've ever thought of doing that or anything. :lol:

ok im getting upset lol, this morning at the site it said it was shipped then when i go to dhl it says my tracking number cant be found, so i have no idea what is going on. Maybe i wont get it by friday.

Paula, it sounds like maybe the number isn't in the tracking system yet. I think mine went a day or two before I could track it, and by then it was already on its way. Don't lose hope. :P

OMGosh, I went to Walmart twice today (that's another story, lol) and the man who checks receipts at the door said "hope you found everything you needed" so I said "I should by now, this is my 2nd visit today" and he said "well, I hope you come back again" with a flirtatious grin, I was like running out of there!!!!!! Can't tell you the last time this old lady has been hit on. LOL! :lol:

Wow, very cool!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
confusedks Enthusiast

So I ordered a few things last night:

Finishing Powders: Silk Dust Small

Sooshco Baby Kabuki Brush Size

* concealer: Intensive Concealer Medium 2.5g

* blush or face color: Nick Nack 2.5g

* foundation: (Cool) Cool-Fair Medium 2.5g Intensive

* foundation: (Beige) Beige-Fairly Light 2.5g Intensive

* foundation: (Buff) Buff-Beige Neutral 2.5g Intensive

I am totally excited! I am really interested in the finishing powder. I'll see how that works. Also, whoever suggested the water, I'll try that too! I wonder if I used one of those Evian misted things, how that would work.

The other thing I noticed is that on their website it says that the sample kits are only really good for 3-6 uses! Am I not using enough? I have been using the same foundation for at least over a week now! And I accidentally spilled about half of it the other day. :lol:;)

confused Community Regular

Being hit on reminded me, today i was going to get my daughter from school and the snow plow guy went by and waved and blew me a kiss lol. Doesnt it feel good.

paula

dlp252 Apprentice

Woohoo for ALL our girls who got "hit on". :P

The other thing I noticed is that on their website it says that the sample kits are only really good for 3-6 uses! Am I not using enough? I have been using the same foundation for at least over a week now! And I accidentally spilled about half of it the other day. :lol:;)

I wondered the same thing because I get almost two weeks out of one of those little containers of foundation. I think I could put on another layer or two and it would probably look better.

But then there's Mango who puts on SEVEN layers (is that all foundation?! :lol: ) and her's still lasts that long, lol.

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie, don't know about the finishing dust...I'm thinking of getting some pretty quickly though because if they discontinue it, I'll not get a chance to try it.

Someone said, I don't know if it was Joni, Laura, or Colleen, that they though it was only the Silk Dusts that were being discontinued?

Is it wierd that I signed up to be notified by text message on my cell phone when anything on my EM DHL shipment changes?

:lol:

I was like running out of there!!!!!! Can't tell you the last time this old lady has been hit on. LOL! :lol:

:lol::lol:

See what I mean, unexpected side effects ;)

Fun order!

No, most of us have said the sample kits are lasting longer than what they say on the website.

Being hit on reminded me, today i was going to get my daughter from school and the snow plow guy went by and waved and blew me a kiss lol. Doesnt it feel good.

paula

;)

Mango04 Enthusiast
But then there's Mango who puts on SEVEN layers (is that all foundation?! :lol: ) and her's still lasts that long, lol.

:lol::lol::lol:

and don't forget the layer of finishing dust, layer of silk dust, layer of pick me up pink...LOL

Okay maybe I exaggerate a little, but today I really am wearing silk dust, finishing dust and PMUP, plus about two layers of foundation and a layer of concealer LOL. I don't *think* it looks bad...it all just seems to melt together.....

And guess what???? My order is finally with the delivery courier! I'll have to rush home from work today so I can test some new make-up. Perhaps I'll get hit on at yoga tonight! :wub::lol: j/k

Green12 Enthusiast
Perhaps I'll get hit on at yoga tonight! :wub::lol: j/k

Sounds like a very good possibility......more than likely!! :lol:

Yay on the order, can't wait to hear how you like everything!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh yeah, I seem to recall something about that silk dust discussion. Where is my brain these days? :P

Joni63 Collaborator

I am totally excited! I am really interested in the finishing powder. I'll see how that works. Also, whoever suggested the water, I'll try that too! I wonder if I used one of those Evian misted things, how that would work.

Your order looks nice. I have on Nick Nack today. :)

The sample kits seem to be lasting a very long time or I just don't use much makeup. I haven't finished a sample pot of foundation yet, and I think it's been at least 3 weeks.

paula

Woohoo! Paula! :D

And guess what???? My order is finally with the delivery courier! I'll have to rush home from work today so I can test some new make-up. Perhaps I'll get hit on at yoga tonight! :wub::lol: j/k

Yay, your delivery is getting close. Look out yoga class!!! :lol:

I have to get OT for a minute:

I am so excited today girls!

I got my 6 month Celiac Panel results today and I am negative on all 5 of the numbers tested. It's not even 6 months until Feb. 1st. I never thought it could be normal this soon!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!

:D:lol::P:):unsure::lol::D

Green12 Enthusiast

I got my 6 month Celiac Panel results today and I am negative on all 5 of the numbers tested. It's not even 6 months until Feb. 1st. I never thought it could be normal this soon!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!

Excellent news Joni!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Joni63 Collaborator
:) Thank you :)
dlp252 Apprentice

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is fantastic!!!!

Joni63 Collaborator

Thanks, Donna!

Oh no, I just realized something - I am out of dogfood and have to go back to Walmart tomorrow! LOL! OK, well....I don't have to go to Walmart....

Darn, I wish my makeup would get here so I could talk about EM again! :blink:

Darn210 Enthusiast

I just had to pop in to say . . . that I can't believe you have managed to talk 40 pages worth of make-up!!! :lol::lol: It's like listening in at a slumber party where you are all doing make-overs on each other!!

OK . . . carry on! :D

(and congrats Joni on your numbers!)

Joni63 Collaborator
I just had to pop in to say . . . that I can't believe you have managed to talk 40 pages worth of make-up!!! :lol::lol: It's like listening in at a slumber party where you are all doing make-overs on each other!!

(and congrats Joni on your numbers!)

Thank you Janet and LOL! We are just having so much fun!

Hey Janet you should join us and try some Everyday Minerals makeup! But just to warn you we really are a cult in disguise, lol! :) Just/kidding!!!

dlp252 Apprentice
Darn, I wish my makeup would get here so I could talk about EM again! :blink:

:lol: !! Well, talking about what you're going to do when you get your makeup counts too! :P

But fun isn't is?!

Joni63 Collaborator
:lol: !! Well, talking about what you're going to do when you get your makeup counts too! :P

I want my PINK RIBBON!!! I just checked the DHL tracking system again and NO UPDATE since yesterday at 2am in the morning. As far as DHL is concerned it's still in the WACKO Texas Hub, oh...or was that WACO, lol! Didn't I say earlier they had a great tracking system? I withdraw my statement!!!

Mango04 Enthusiast

Hi Janet. I dare you to order a free sample and then resist joining in on the madness! :lol::lol:

That's great news Joni!!!

Jestgar Rising Star
Hi Janet. I dare you to order a free sample and then resist joining in on the madness! :lol::lol:
double dare
Darn210 Enthusiast

Oh . . . you DARED me . . . that's hard to resist!!

But seeing how I only wear mascara and chapstick on a daily basis, even a free sample doesn't do it for me. My friend wanted me to try Bare Escentials (is that the one on TV?) Anyway, I got the starter kit over a year ago and have not even cracked it open. My friends keep trying to get me to wear jewelry, too, and that's not workin' either. :lol::lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast
double dare

Do I hear a double dog dare?

TrillumHunter Enthusiast

Okay, I've tried to keep up to no avail.....

Has anyone tried the blotting papers? I had a large box of them already so I didn't order them. Those really help mineral makeup look fresh. Just a little blot and you're good to go!

I thought the last give away shadows, the green and copper, would look awful on me. But, with just a little blending, they look fantastic.

I'm going to ditch my other skincare entirely for a month and see what happens with just the wipes and nothing else. Right now, I am so happy! My face feels like a baby's bottom and I actually much less oily! Go figure?

dlp252 Apprentice
But seeing how I only wear mascara and chapstick on a daily basis

Yes, but see you can mix the minerals WITH the chapstick for a little color. :P

Okay, I've tried to keep up to no avail.....

Has anyone tried the blotting papers? I had a large box of them already so I didn't order them. Those really help mineral makeup look fresh. Just a little blot and you're good to go!

I thought the last give away shadows, the green and copper, would look awful on me. But, with just a little blending, they look fantastic.

I'm going to ditch my other skincare entirely for a month and see what happens with just the wipes and nothing else. Right now, I am so happy! My face feels like a baby's bottom and I actually much less oily! Go figure?

No need to keep up, lol, just post away. I haven't tried the blotting papers yet.

I loved all of the free give away colors so far!

The less oily thing is amazing because I put moisturizer on this morning, and though for sure I'd be shiney by mid-morning, but I wasn't! It's now the end of my work day and still no shine. I am amazed, lol!

Mango04 Enthusiast

I really must be nuts :blink:

I just ordered my Aubrey Nicole samples, which was a pain, b/c I had to pay $5 for them plus shipping, but I'm getting 5 foundation samples...so hopefully one of them will work. I really want to try the liquid mousse foundation, but I need to know my color first. Ahhhh can't all this stuff just be at a store???? :rolleyes: We need a big sephora...but all gluten-free organic mineral make-up :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

Glad you popped in Janet, we have a lot of fun here in our EM make-up cult thread :D

Oh no, I just realized something - I am out of dogfood and have to go back to Walmart tomorrow! LOL! OK, well....I don't have to go to Walmart....

Suuuuure, you just want to walk by the guy who checks over the receipts again ;)

:lol::lol: J/K Joni!

Hi TH,

I haven't ordered them, but someone in this thread surely has :lol:

Good to hear you are experiencing such great results with your EM!

I just ordered my Aubrey Nicole samples

:o Mango

TRAITOR!!!!

How can you live with yourself?!?!?!

This was just stricly liquid foundation, right?

Archived