This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

dlp252 Apprentice
Everyone - I just found out Jess is a spy. She's really a non-make-up-wearing scientist. :o Don't trust anything she says! :lol:

You know you've made it when you have spies!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green12 Enthusiast

OMgosh I am sooooo far behind, my on-line make-up friends have been so chatty today :lol:

Jess, "No Make Up" Fridays is an excellent concept. Challenging oneself to apply the make up in way that looks like you aren't wearing any at all.

That is exactly what this cult needs, a different look for every day .......

No make Up/Casual Fridays, Tart it up Tuesdays?? :lol:

They just extended the current special. Hate it when they do that

Grrrrrr! (stealing Donna's new response :D )

My husband and I were at the grocery store yesterday, and as we were walking out, he mentioned that the guy behind us in line was really "checking me out." I am well on my way to being a trophy wife.

That's what we like to hear around here Colleen ;);)

(Horsetal Everyday Everywear) has hydrogenated vegetable oil--am I out to lunch or is that not glutenous

Shall we investigate? :huh:

I am ready for a new me....thinking about a Lifestyle Lift too....haven't decided how far to go...maybe the new make- up will be enough to satisfy me for now

Have no fear babinsky, EM will change your life!! :D

Everyone - I just found out Jess is a spy. She's really a non-make-up-wearing scientist. Don't trust anything she says!

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the links Mango and Donna showing the skin swatches of the different colors, that was a good idea that someone cam eup with.

babinsky Apprentice

How 'bout "Sassy Saturdays"...usually the night out.....looking a little "trashy" can help spice up the night :rolleyes: I may be getting older but I am not dead yet! :lol:

cruelshoes Enthusiast
How 'bout "Sassy Saturdays"...usually the night out.....looking a little "trashy" can help spice up the night I may be getting older but I am not dead yet!

HA - I can tell from your sassy saturday comment that you are far from dead. :lol: Maybe I will try getting a bit trashy looking this weekend. Every girl has to do that once in a while.

I just got a text message that my order has been delivered by DHL, and is waiting on my front porch. I ask you - how the hell am I supposed to concentrate at work for another hour knowing there is a BOX OF BEAUTY WAITING FOR ME AT HOME!!!!

cough.....cough.....hack...drool... I think I need to go home sick.

confused Community Regular
HA - I can tell from your sassy saturday comment that you are far from dead. :lol: Maybe I will try getting a bit trashy looking this weekend. Every girl has to do that once in a while.

I just got a text message that my order has been delivered by DHL, and is waiting on my front porch. I ask you - how the hell am I supposed to concentrate at work for another hour knowing there is a BOX OF BEAUTY WAITING FOR ME AT HOME!!!!

secretly looking up nyxie's home address to go steal her make=up, since dhl only delivers for 10 more minutes im guessing mine isnt coming lol. So i cant do sassy saturdays yet. Myabe i can do tart tuesdays tho lol.

paula

Mango04 Enthusiast

Hey look what Sillyville is saying about us...

(they're really just intimidated by the fact that we might become the more powerful pointless/silly thread of glutenfreeforum.com :lol: )

OMG...I was checking out the Mighty Mineral Thread, and I cannot believe it. You guys were not kidding--it IS fifty pages of chatter on cosmetics! It really is...brushes and powders, ordering and coloUr palettes....

Wow. I'd never stand a chance over there....

:lol::lol::lol:

babinsky Apprentice

Cruelshoes....patience....never put out negative energy, even faking for the good of mankind! :o ...Concentrate on how beautiful you will be from this weekend forward.....hope you enjoy your package when you get home......felling fabulous :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

I really feel the need to balance things out here...Wholesome Wednesday. (Okay, so THAT wasn't my FIRST thought...something along the lines of TART Tuesday first came to mind first.) Thrilling Thursday, lol... Freakish Friday...no wait...that wouldn't happen with our beloved EM makeup.

How 'bout "Sassy Saturdays"...usually the night out.....looking a little "trashy" can help spice up the night :rolleyes: I may be getting older but I am not dead yet! :lol:

OMGosh...you must CERTAINLY be home by NOW!!!

secretly looking up nyxie's home address to go steal her make=up, since dhl only delivers for 10 more minutes im guessing mine isnt coming lol. So i cant do sassy saturdays yet. Myabe i can do tart tuesdays tho lol.

:lol:

babinsky Apprentice

Mango...powerful yes.......pointless :o bite your tongue :P

Darn210 Enthusiast
In exchange for Richard's release, we demand 1 million "Everything Kits."

Just as I suspected!! I knew it was a matter of time before we got the ransom note!! :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

Easy Mango...don't give in too easily...we may be able to get free cosmetic wipes for all of us out of this deal...

Green12 Enthusiast
How 'bout "Sassy Saturdays"

I like it, I like it :D

YAY, can't wait to hear how you like everything!

paula

Paula :(

I was so hoping you were going to get it today!

I thought using our special cult powers of subliminal mind control would make it happen, I guess they don't work on DHL

I really feel the need to balance things out here...Wholesome Wednesday. (Okay, so THAT wasn't my FIRST thought...something along the lines of TART Tuesday first came to mind first.) Thrilling Thursday, lol... Freakish Friday...no wait...that wouldn't happen with our beloved EM makeup.

:lol: Donna

So we have No Make-Up Casual Fridays, Tart it Up Tuesdays, Sassy Saturdays

Anyone, anyone?

Mango...powerful yes.......pointless :o bite your tongue :P

:lol: babinsky

Easy Mango...don't give in too easily...we may be able to get free cosmetic wipes for all of us out of this deal...

Yeah hold out for the big payoff!

confusedks Enthusiast

I got my new stuff! That was so fast, I ordered it on Tuesday night I think! I haven't had a chance to look at anything yet, but will report back tomorrow. :)

Joni63 Collaborator
I just went one their site and noticed one of their lotions (Horsetal Everyday Everywear) has hydrogenated vegetable oil--am I out to lunch or is that not glutenous?

Yikes! You know, I didn't see the ingredients on that and I'm using it daily. Emailing now...

LOL! I love it!

Hey look what Sillyville is saying about us...

(they're really just intimidated by the fact that we might become the more powerful pointless/silly thread of glutenfreeforum.com :lol: )

:lol: Hahahahaha!

So we have No Make-Up Casual Fridays, Tart it Up Tuesdays, Sassy Saturdays

Anyone, anyone?

How about Warm Wednesdays, where you where your warmest colors? And Cool Mondays for the cool colors?

I got my new stuff! That was so fast, I ordered it on Tuesday night I think! I haven't had a chance to look at anything yet, but will report back tomorrow. :)

Yay, good for you! Let us know how you like everything! :D

I'm afraid to ask, but "Who is Richard?"

I tried Cookie Sheet yesterday. Great pink color, love it.

Today I'm trying Exhale, Ginger Peach, Pick Me Up Pink, and Text Message! Oh wait, it's Sassy Saturday...not sure if those neutral colors will be 'SASSY' enough. Hey, but I am wearing Pick Me Up Pink!

I took time last night to lay out all the colors for today, yes I actually plan my makeup the night before!!! :D

confused Community Regular

Julie,

I know i wish i sould of got it to, i even sat looking out the window from 4-5 hoping if i thought hard enough the dhl van would pull up lol, but not such luck. Oh well, dont they say good stuff comes to those that wait lol. I guess the longer i wait for the stuff the more money i save from not ordering more lol.

I guess i will have to experiment with the blush to make eyeshadow or lipstick. or use some of my old makeup ughhhh

paula

Darn210 Enthusiast
I'm afraid to ask, but "Who is Richard?"

Ahhhhh, Joni <shaking head>, nice try . . . pretending that you don't know who the founding father of the silly thread is. . . Colleen has already delivered the ransom note to us:

Attention Sillyville members. We have your Richard. He says we are all beautiful. We will only release him if you place one meeelion dollars in unmarked twenties in a duffle bag and ship it to Everyday Minerals so we can all buy more makeup. Then you will have your Richard back and we will all have more makeup and be even more beautiful. It's a win win.

If you do not comply with our demands, we will all perform makeovers on said Richard until he looks like Amy Winehouse after a one week bender. You have been warned.

Don't hate us because we are beautiful!

Signed, the Everyday Minerals Cult

Unfortunately, because we have no money but instead have a wicked sense of humor, we're leaning towards letting you make him over into Amy Winehouse. :P:lol:

cruelshoes Enthusiast

Did I forget to mention that we are holding some guy named Richard that I don't even know hostage? And if they don't give us boatloads of cash to buy more eyeliner we are going to make him over like a troubled young tarty pop star? Sorry about that.

**paging through the cult handbook to see what rules I have just violated**

cruelshoes Enthusiast

Here's what I have had a chance to try from my current order. I only had a few minutes to play while I was giving the baby a bath last night. Maybe I will give her two baths today so I have more time to try new things. :)

Mixing bowls - these things are even cuter in person than on the website. I can't wait to mix up new makeup concoctions in them.

Sunlight concealer - holy crap this stuff is great. It really does make the dark circles fade away. I think I need a better brush for applying it, though. I only have a lip brush that I got as a freebie with my first order.

Lavendar everyday everywear - smells great, but the tin really is tiny. I tried it on the dry spots under my eyes last night. It soaked right in and isn't greasy like I thought it might be. My skin was not tight when I got up this morning. Maybe I am imagining it, but I think it even looks better too - a smoother texture to the skin.

Makeup removal wipes - these smell really great, and are soft on the skin. I was able to use them to wipe off lots of different things that I was trying and they held up great. My only beef is that when I tried to peel off the sticker to get to the wipes, the package tore. So now I have them in a ziploc bag. If you get these, be careful when you take the sticker off.

I have 11 eyeshadows to try. Favorite hoodie I got as a sample to try as an eyeshadow. Wow - this stuff looks ultra BROWN in the container. I'll have to play with it a bit. The new car smell looks really orange on me. No way it would ever work as a blush, but maybe I could combine it with something and use it as a shadow.

Lots of fun to be had this weekend!

babinsky Apprentice

Cruelshoes...it's "Sassy Saturday"...you can wear all 11 at the same time! :lol:

babinsky Apprentice

To the original Donna....what part of Ca. are you in...maybe we can share makeup tips :D ...I am in So. Cal, border of LA and San Bernardino County

dlp252 Apprentice

Yeah, after wearing new car smell all day, it did look a bit too orange on me. No danger of knocking Pink Ribbon out of the favorite spot with this one, lol.

Today's colors: Smokey Pink eyeshadow, In the Garden eyeshadow, Corner Office blush, and I tried Fairly LIght Neutral in Matte from the Buff category.

The smokey pink is fairly dark, but it's almost what I was looking for. Maybe if I mix it with a lighter color I'll get closer.

I LOVE In the Garden...made a great smokey eyeliner.

Corner Office was a nice shade for me...but Pink Ribbon is still holding as my favorite...I MAY be close to saying that I've found my perfect pink blush, lol. Don't get nervous anyone...I still plan to order way more blush than I can possibly ever use. :lol:

Fairly light neutral looked great, so now that's FOUR categories of foundation that I can wearl.

Bad news....my mom said my dark circles are back. <_< AND, that's WITH the sunlight concealor! :lol:

Good news....I went wild for Sassy Saturday and bought some glitter eyeliner (not really EM traitorism, keep reading, lol) and some glitter lipgloss. The eyeliner is so nice...got it in PURPLE and put it OVER the In the Garden....LOOKED GREAT...not too much sparkle, but just enough when turning certain ways.

I bought some stuff at Whole Foods called "unpetroleum jelly" :lol: I'm hoping to experiment tomorrow with making my own lipglosses with it.

To the original Donna....what part of Ca. are you in...maybe we can share makeup tips :D ...I am in So. Cal, border of LA and San Bernardino County

Dang, I am in No. Cal near San Jose. :( I NEED some tips on eyeshadow application!!!! That'd be fun though.

confusedks Enthusiast

I haven't tried any of my samples yet, but I did notice the new samples have new packaging and little plastic things with 3 holes in them! It's SO much easier to get the make up out now, it was really hard before!

cmom Contributor

You guys talked me into it!! I hate the way liquid foundation rubs off on everything and leaves the jawline mark. I have used Bare Minerals, Avon, and L'Oreal mineral makeup but wanted to give this a try. I am ordering foundation, powder, blush, and brush. Thanks for the tips!

cruelshoes Enthusiast
You guys talked me into it!! I hate the way liquid foundation rubs off on everything and leaves the jawline mark. I have used Bare Minerals, Avon, and L'Oreal mineral makeup but wanted to give this a try. I am ordering foundation, powder, blush, and brush. Thanks for the tips!

Yeehah! A new cult member. Can't wait to hear about your order and how you like it.

pixiegirl Enthusiast

I think I'm the only one not joining the cult. I feel like an outsider now :(

I don't like it as much as Bare Minerals... I ordered a lot of stuff and gave most of it to my daughter. I kept a light pink finishing powder and the lipsticks I ordered. And I do like the concealer (took me 4 trys to get the right color).

But over all I feel the powder itself isn't ground as finely as Bare Minerals. I'm older with a few lines and creases on my face and the powder seems to settle in those lines where my Bare Minerals doesn't.

Oh well just goes to prove that something is not exactly right for everyone!

I'm glad you all enjoy it!

Susan

Archived