This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

Ridgewalker Contributor

I haven't gotten my samples yet, either, but yeah I figure it's the holidays. Nothing's on time!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mango04 Enthusiast

I have a confession.

I just ordered more EM make-up.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I literally opened my package that arrived today, tested it out, and decided I needed to order more LOL.

The good news is, another board I frequent has Open Original Shared Link I can join. At least I won't be alone in my obsession.

:lol::rolleyes::ph34r:

dlp252 Apprentice

Mango!! :lol: Cult! :lol:

I'm still waiting for my samples...but I still expect I'll be the last to receive them. I'm already faunching to order more, lol! I.......MUST.......WAIT.....UNTIL.....I......ACTUALLY.......TRY.....THEM! :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Should I announce that I got my samples on Monday of this week? It was so fast!

I can't properly judge how I feel about them at this moment because I am SO broken out....so using my cream concealer. But, the powders do seem just as good as Bare Minerals, I will say that.

Using peeling creams intensively to smooth the skin surface at present. :ph34r:

Mango, thanks for the link!

:)

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Ladies,

Well, I took the plunge! I ordered two lip glosses and a sample kit. B)

I'm excited :D

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, so I ordered another sample kit yesterday with the intensive foundations, and holy cow. THis time I used my credit card, and holy cow...5 minutes later I went back to the order status to check something and it already said "packed", lol. Sheesh, that's fast, lol. :lol: This morning I went and it's shipped already. How cool is that?! I'll probably get this second order before I'll get the first one, lol. :P

jerseyangel Proficient
This morning I went and it's shipped already. How cool is that?!

Pretty doggone cool, I'd say :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Really quick shipping on those sample packages, I got mine yesterday. Seems I will have to go back and get another one as my skin is darker than I thought. So very glad they will let you do that. I think I will add in a lip color this time. So long since I could feel safe about a lipstick. What a great company. Thanks so much to the original poster. :D

Joni63 Collaborator

Well, I'm a little discouraged. Still have NOT received anything yet. I checked the website for a whole week and the order said packed, it was finally shipped Tuesday evening (Dec. 11th.) and I ordered it the previous Tuesday (Dec. 5th). It took a whole week to pack it! With all the fast deliveries most of you got, I think they must have been out of something I ordered.

I also had a 10 percent discount applied prior to shipping, then when they shipped the order amount increased by 10 percent. Didn't the 10% discount apply to any size order???

jerseyangel Proficient

I just checked my order--I placed it at 1:49PM yesterday, and it's already shipped! :o

Mango04 Enthusiast
Well, I'm a little discouraged. Still have NOT received anything yet. I checked the website for a whole week and the order said packed, it was finally shipped Tuesday evening (Dec. 11th.) and I ordered it the previous Tuesday (Dec. 5th). It took a whole week to pack it! With all the fast deliveries most of you got, I think they must have been out of something I ordered.

I also had a 10 percent discount applied prior to shipping, then when they shipped the order amount increased by 10 percent. Didn't the 10% discount apply to any size order???

:(

Maybe you should send them an email and see why it took so long?

I noticed that the price of my order went up after it was shipped too, but I don't think I got charged for the higher amount.

Joni63 Collaborator

I think I will email them. I'm planning on sending in a picture and get some experienced help choosing makeup, lol!

I just checked the tracking on USPS and it said the item was delivered to my house so it might be sitting in my mailbox right now. Going out in a bit for my son's winter concert so I'll check then. I hope it's here...

Rosebud710 Apprentice

Sorry you are having problems with your order going out. As far as the discount, it applied or orders over $40 or $50, I can't remember which one.

Hopefully you will get your products soon!

Mango04 Enthusiast

I think the discount applies to all orders and the free stuff applies to orders over a certain amount.

jerseyangel Proficient
I think the discount applies to all orders and the free stuff applies to orders over a certain amount.

Yes, this is the way I understood it, too.

Green12 Enthusiast

Well I haven't received my sample pack yet either, it seems like I ordered it forever and a day ago :lol:

I was close to calling yesterday and seeing if it was delivered to the wrong place, that was my first thought, then I checked the tracking number like the rest of you and it said it just left Texas yesterday :o So I am thinking I will get it in the next couple of days if not tomorrow.

Joni63 Collaborator

I think it's probably due to the holidays and all the additional orders they're getting. They could have been short on some items and had to wait to get them in.

Hope you get them soon juliem. It's hard to wait over a week (10 whole days for me) when some people were getting them in just a few.

On a good note, they are here and the packing slip does reflect the 10% discount just as the website said originally. I can't wait to try it today and check out my eye liner brush and foundation brush. Seems funny to be this excited over makeup. :lol:

I'm curious about the brushes. Anyone get any in their orders and tried them? Liked them?

mftnchn Explorer
It also sounds like we can order more samples to find our perfect shade, it's just one per order.

Ooops, see that was my problem looking at the blush colors- they all looked really really light so I went with a little bit darker blush. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake and should have gone with the lighter, because the dark might be too dark.

This is what I ordered:

I'm a little confused about mixing of the makeups.

Can any of them (meaning eye colors, blush, etc.) be mixed together to create different shades that can be used as eye, lip, or blush colors?

If so, how can you go wrong? You can always use colors up by mixing them with something darker or lighter, right?

And how do you mix the dry colors with the lip glosses?

I have mixed several of them, worked fine.

On my lips, I put the dry color on first then cover it with the neutral lip gloss. Seems to work well.

BTW, I first saw the link on this site several months ago, embedded in another topic on makeup. Kudos to the poster who made this a new hit topic! LOL!

Also, they pretty regularly have discount specials I have noticed. I've taken advantage of a couple of them already too.

cruelshoes Enthusiast

I just ordered my samples. Hope I picked right. If I did, then I get to try to choose eye colors and that's gonna be another whole can of worms. B)

Green12 Enthusiast

I FINALLY got my samples!

I haven't tried them out yet because I need to get my BE brushes all cleaned up, but let me just say I could not have been more wrong about my blush choice :lol: It's ORANGE!!!!! DARK ORANGE......

I don't think the color swatches on the website are a true representation of the colors. I chose what I did because everything else looked so light.

dlp252 Apprentice

Sorry Julie, but that makes me happy I ordered one of the lighter blushes, lol. Couse, it may still be too dark...I really WANTED a lighter blush. :P

Mango04 Enthusiast
I FINALLY got my samples!

I haven't tried them out yet because I need to get my BE brushes all cleaned up, but let me just say I could not have been more wrong about my blush choice :lol: It's ORANGE!!!!! DARK ORANGE......

I don't think the color swatches on the website are a true representation of the colors. I chose what I did because everything else looked so light.

I probably got a lighter one than you (I got a sample of Back to School) and mine was a dark orange too. Soft Touch is a really really really light pink if you want a light one.

I should be getting Cherry Fizz, Photo Album and Corner Office any day now, so I'll let you all know how those are darkness and orange-wise :rolleyes:.

I really want to try the pressed powder, but I read somewhere that the compacts break in people's purses :(.

I think if this stuff were available in a store, I would buy a lot less of it, but I keep wanting to try new colors :blink:. I just can't stop myself :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

I ordered: Corner Office on my first sample order and Weekend Getaway on my second

Both of those say pinky-peach, so they'll probably be orange too, lol. The Corner Office looks light on the swatch, but I'll bet it's a lot darker in person.

Green12 Enthusiast
Sorry Julie, but that makes me happy I ordered one of the lighter blushes, lol. Couse, it may still be too dark...I really WANTED a lighter blush. :P

Yes, trust me, you will be glad you went with a lighter blush...I wish I had :lol:

I also was thinking it would be nice in the sample kits if we had a choice of two blushes, not that I am complaining because it is so awesome to be able to get free samples in order to get the right colors.

Mango, you are addicted :lol:

Do let us know how your blushes turn out.

I think I'll order another sample kit and get Email Me. I'm looking at Email Me, Apple, Weekend Getaway, Fresh Air...anyone have any of these blush shades??

Mango04 Enthusiast
Yes, trust me, you will be glad you went with a lighter blush...I wish I had :lol:

I also was thinking it would be nice in the sample kits if we had a choice of two blushes, not that I am complaining because it is so awesome to be able to get free samples in order to get the right colors.

Mango, you are addicted :lol:

I know :ph34r::lol:

I wish we could just get all blushes in the sample kit. I love my Nars blush but I really want to find a good EM color so I can stop putting chemicals on my face.

Today I'm wearing Exhale (eye color) as a bronzer and Soft Touch blush. It's actually not bad, but not quite perfect LOL.

Archived