This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

Green12 Enthusiast
I think I'm the only one not joining the cult. I feel like an outsider now :(

I don't like it as much as Bare Minerals... I ordered a lot of stuff and gave most of it to my daughter. I kept a light pink finishing powder and the lipsticks I ordered. And I do like the concealer (took me 4 trys to get the right color).

But over all I feel the powder itself isn't ground as finely as Bare Minerals. I'm older with a few lines and creases on my face and the powder seems to settle in those lines where my Bare Minerals doesn't.

Oh well just goes to prove that something is not exactly right for everyone!

I'm glad you all enjoy it!

Susan

Oh Susan, I am sorry to hear it doesn't work for you :(

I am bummed too, I want everyone to have good luck with it.

I don't know if this makes any difference, but some of the other ladies have mentioned that the formulation of the foundation makes a difference with fine lines and creases (i.e. intensive, semi matte, matte, glo).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joni63 Collaborator
You guys talked me into it!! I hate the way liquid foundation rubs off on everything and leaves the jawline mark. I have used Bare Minerals, Avon, and L'Oreal mineral makeup but wanted to give this a try. I am ordering foundation, powder, blush, and brush. Thanks for the tips!

Hey Robin, and Welcome! Hope you enjoy your samples when they come in. Let us know what you think.

I think I'm the only one not joining the cult. I feel like an outsider now :(

I don't like it as much as Bare Minerals... I ordered a lot of stuff and gave most of it to my daughter. I kept a light pink finishing powder and the lipsticks I ordered. And I do like the concealer (took me 4 trys to get the right color).

But over all I feel the powder itself isn't ground as finely as Bare Minerals. I'm older with a few lines and creases on my face and the powder seems to settle in those lines where my Bare Minerals doesn't.

Oh well just goes to prove that something is not exactly right for everyone!

I'm glad you all enjoy it!

Susan

That's sad Susan. Wish it would have worked out better for you.

As Julie said, the formulation can make a difference and I read if the shade is too dark it will show fine lines. Too light and you will get a chalky look. One of the shades I chose was too dark and did show liines, but now I have a couple that are perfect. It did take some trial and error, though.

You can always drop in a join our silly thread. :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Hello girls! I forgot to mention yesterday the retractible kabuki brush I bought at Target. It wasn't cheap, so I hope it's good, lol. I thought it would be great for my "at work" kit that I want to put together...since it retract into itself, I'm hoping the minerals won't get all over everything, lol.

I also saw the cutest mini train case at the mall...OMGosh it was cute. Not sure I'd be able to fit a lot in there but I may just have to get it for the cuteness. :P Girly girls everywhere will understand that I'm sure. :P

Today's colors:

Starry Eyed...yes, love this. I had it at the lash line for a smokey look, then I also used it as an eyeliner.

Diary...very nice, but a little dark. I used that in the crease (used Pots & Pans all over as a base).

That's all the new stuff. I think the un-petroleum stuff I bought will do very well as a lip gloss, although I didn't try it today.

I think I'm the only one not joining the cult. I feel like an outsider now

I'm so sorry Susan! You can always talk about your Bare Minerals. :P My favorite eyeshadow colors are from Bare Minerals and so far haven't quite found a great match in that regard...wish the BM hadn't started making my eyes burn and skin break out!

babinsky Apprentice

Got my mini kit yesterday just before date night....I loved the mint concealer and the foundation was very natural looking....I am also older but this seems to work better for me than BM...I got the intensive cover for the foundation...can't wait for my real order to come...

Donna....I have a teenage daughter...she helps me with the eye shadow thing :P

dlp252 Apprentice

I am SOOOO eyeshadow challenged! :lol: Can you lend me your daughter for a few lessons? :P

Green12 Enthusiast
You guys talked me into it!! I hate the way liquid foundation rubs off on everything and leaves the jawline mark. I have used Bare Minerals, Avon, and L'Oreal mineral makeup but wanted to give this a try. I am ordering foundation, powder, blush, and brush. Thanks for the tips!

Where are my manners :lol: , I forgot to say welcomt to the madness Robin!

So happy to hear you placed an order and it's on its way!

Let us know how you like everything :)

As Julie said, the formulation can make a difference and I read if the shade is too dark it will show fine lines. Too light and you will get a chalky look. One of the shades I chose was too dark and did show liines, but now I have a couple that are perfect. It did take some trial and error, though

Yes, yes!! Tis true!!

psssst! ......we are making a last ditch effort to keep you with us on the EM side Susan :lol::lol:

I also saw the cutest mini train case at the mall...OMGosh it was cute. Not sure I'd be able to fit a lot in there but I may just have to get it for the cuteness. Girly girls everywhere will understand that I'm sure.

Donna is a girly girl, Donna is a girly girl!!!

EM has made you go mad, retractable brushes, "at work" make-up cases, cute little train cases with no function, only cute good looks............... :lol::lol:

I'm glad you are having so much fun :D:D

babinsky, YAY on receiving your order! Just in time for Sassy Saturday date night too :lol: Glad you like everything :)

dlp252 Apprentice
EM has made you go mad, retractable brushes, "at work" make-up cases, cute little train cases with no function, only cute good looks............... :lol::lol:

Yes, and to think that just a few weeks ago I barely cared how I looked, much less wore makeup, lol! Course I still think I would have wanted the mini train case though. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

confused Community Regular
Yes, and to think that just a few weeks ago I barely cared how I looked, much less wore makeup, lol! Course I still think I would have wanted the mini train case though. :P

You all make me laugh, I can see soon, donna is going to have an high maintence doggie in a cute little purse (oh wait that is going to be me) lol

paula

Green12 Enthusiast

:lol:

donna is going to have an high maintence doggie in a cute little purse (oh wait that is going to be me) lol

Now there is an idea....... :lol:

Did you see this on the EM News page:

"And we will NOT, I repeat, NOT discontinue the Silk Dust. "

Sounds like there was maybe an uproar about the announcemnt of discontinuing the Silk Dust?

Joni63 Collaborator
Hello girls! I forgot to mention yesterday the retractible kabuki brush I bought at Target. It wasn't cheap, so I hope it's good, lol. I thought it would be great for my "at work" kit that I want to put together...since it retract into itself, I'm hoping the minerals won't get all over everything, lol.

I also saw the cutest mini train case at the mall...OMGosh it was cute. Not sure I'd be able to fit a lot in there but I may just have to get it for the cuteness. :P Girly girls everywhere will understand that I'm sure. :P

Oooooh, let me know how the retractable brush works. I'm all about brushes. I want the new angled blush brush from EM, but our car bill was over $1,200 dollars!!! YIKES. THAT REALLY HURT! I also got a bill from a recent doctor visit that was already resubmitted once and insurance is saying they won't pay $150.00. Found all this out after I came home from a "Girl's Night Out" to a Girl Scout event with my mom last night, while hubby was home watching the kids. It was a comedy show and I had a great time! My mom and I both won a basket from the Chinese Auction and I WON 50/50 which was $406.00! And no, I did NOT tell my husband about the 50/50 winnings...for obvious reasons!!! LOL! I need a way to secretly buy more EM, maybe cashiers check and have the package mailed to my moms??? Hmmm... need to think about this one. :rolleyes:

Got my mini kit yesterday just before date night....I loved the mint concealer and the foundation was very natural looking....I am also older but this seems to work better for me than BM...I got the intensive cover for the foundation...can't wait for my real order to come...

Glad you like your mini kit. Have fun with it!

Joni63 Collaborator
Did you see this on the EM News page:

"And we will NOT, I repeat, NOT discontinue the Silk Dust. "

Sounds like there was maybe an uproar about the announcemnt of discontinuing the Silk Dust?

Yes!!! I did see that. It's nice to know Carina does make customer satisfaction a high priority. I can't wait for everything to be available in sample sizes. At least that's how I took her message. Did you think she meant all or just the finishing powders?

dlp252 Apprentice
You all make me laugh, I can see soon, donna is going to have an high maintence doggie in a cute little purse (oh wait that is going to be me) lol

Nah, I have doggie dogs, lol. I had two Westies, and the most I ever did was put a sweater on them when it was really cold (and they weren't pleased about that, lol)...they both thought they were Rotties. :lol:

Oooooh, let me know how the retractable brush works. I'm all about brushes. I want the new angled blush brush from EM, but our car bill was over $1,200 dollars!!! YIKES. THAT REALLY HURT! I also got a bill from a recent doctor visit that was already resubmitted once and insurance is saying they won't pay $150.00. Found all this out after I came home from a "Girl's Night Out" to a Girl Scout event with my mom last night, while hubby was home watching the kids. It was a comedy show and I had a great time! My mom and I both won a basket from the Chinese Auction and I WON 50/50 which was $406.00! And no, I did NOT tell my husband about the 50/50 winnings...for obvious reasons!!! LOL! I need a way to secretly buy more EM, maybe cashiers check and have the package mailed to my moms??? Hmmm... need to think about this one. :rolleyes:

Wow, congratulations on the 50/50!!! That's fantastic! Yeah, I just got a surprise dental bill for work that was done a year ago. They never bothered to send me a bill and now it's due like IMMEDIATELY! It's for $853!

I used the brush this morning and I think it did very well with foundation. I want that angled brush too, but, yeah...I'm going to have to reign my spending in a bit. :P

Green12 Enthusiast
Did you think she meant all or just the finishing powders?

Now that I am not sure about.

I am also looking forward to seeing the new website layout. Sounds like there will be new swatches which will give a better idea of what each color looks like, and more models modeling the make up.

I think this will be helpful when choosing colors :)

I did NOT tell my husband about the 50/50 winnings...for obvious reasons!!! LOL! I need a way to secretly buy more EM, maybe cashiers check and have the package mailed to my moms??? Hmmm... need to think about this one.

:lol: Good plan!

Congrats on winning the auction!

It seems brushes are always disappearing from the brush page, or is it just me?!?!? :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

OMGOSH!!!

Hold the phone!!!

Donna, LOVE the new avatar!!!!! Is that you with your full face of EM??? :lol:

You look gorgeous!

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, LOVE the new avatar!!!!! Is that you with your full face of EM??? :lol:

You look gorgeous!

Thank you! I have to try again next weekend...my teeth look so yellow, lol. They don't look like that in the big original picture. :lol:

Joni63 Collaborator
I am also looking forward to seeing the new website layout. Sounds like there will be new swatches which will give a better idea of what each color looks like, and more models modeling the make up.

I think this will be helpful when choosing colors :)

Oooh, me too. I can't wait to see the new color swatches and pictures. It would really help if the pictures were the accurate colors. That's one reason I hope all the makeup will eventually be available in sample sizes. I could live off sample kits alone, lol!

You look fabulous in your new avatar. I LOVE it, Donna!!! ;)

babinsky Apprentice

50/50 winnings....congrats. I think a woman should always have a "secret stash"...just never know what may come up. I have been married to my husband for 10 years but knew him for 23 before we got married...I know he has one, he knows I have one...we joke around about it but have never told the other what we have..all quite misterious :ph34r:

Yes, Donna you may borrow my daughter.....heck she's a teenager....you can keep her then send her back in a few years :D

dlp252 Apprentice
You look fabulous in your new avatar. I LOVE it, Donna!!! ;)

Thank you!!! It's all my EM makeup! :P

Yes, Donna you may borrow my daughter.....heck she's a teenager....you can keep her then send her back in a few years :D

:lol: !!

cruelshoes Enthusiast

Yay - loving Donna's beautiful new avitar. Do tell what colors you are wearing.

Joni63 Collaborator
50/50 winnings....congrats. I think a woman should always have a "secret stash"...just never know what may come up. I have been married to my husband for 10 years but knew him for 23 before we got married...I know he has one, he knows I have one...we joke around about it but have never told the other what we have..all quite misterious :ph34r:

LOL! I agree! Also, timing is everything. There was no way I was going to tell him I won 406 dollars when he's complaining about how much it cost to fix the car. Been there, done that...never again,lol!

And like your husband, I know he has his secret stash. :D

well my makeup is out with the courier yet again this monring, so i guess they do work today. Maybe i will have that makeup by the end of theday, now im wondering do i get ready or do i stay in my pjs til the makieup shows up lol. IM guess get ready and just dont do my eyes so i can play with the eyeshadow when it gets here lol

paula

dlp252 Apprentice

Well like a good little cult member, I washed all my brushes last night. :P And, like a really good cult member, I had backup brushes for most everything so I could still put my makeup on this morning. :) And, like an obsessed good cult member, I have decided that I NEED another eyeshadow brush because that's the only backup brush I didn't have, lol. :lol:

Julie,

Brushes ARE disappearing...they changed the free brushes they're sending with the special and one of them is one of the brushes that disappeared...so I've been thinking of going ahead and sending in another order BEFORE the next special, lol, just so I can get that brush! :P My obsessive cult status is rearing it's madeup head.

Yay - loving Donna's beautiful new avitar. Do tell what colors you are wearing.

Why thank you...wearing Fair Medium foundation (matte); pink ribbon blush; pots & pans, diary and starry eyed eye colors; sunlight concealor all over the eye area and on my spots. I'm wearing a lip gloss I got from Longs...it's a little beige, lol.

well my makeup is out with the courier yet again this monring, so i guess they do work today. Maybe i will have that makeup by the end of theday, now im wondering do i get ready or do i stay in my pjs til the makieup shows up lol. IM guess get ready and just dont do my eyes so i can play with the eyeshadow when it gets here lol

OMGosh...they'd better deliver that today or I'LL come hunt them down! :P

GUESS WHAT

GUESS WHAT

GUESS WHAT

LOL

i got my makeup, my hubby was headng back to work and the guy was at our door. Im off to shower now. I cant wait to try the lip stuff to get off the dead skin and lip stick and eye shadow and the mint concelor and my new foundations that look very pretty. Ughh not to decide on what eyeshadow, and how do i use the eyeliner, i forgot lol

paula

cruelshoes Enthusiast

In an effort to increase my standing in the cult, I have been watching everyday Minerals videos on youtube. Most of them are poorly done with vapid girls expounding the virtues of EM in their best Valley Girl voices. "Yeah, like, hi. I'm Tiffaneee. I am gonna talk todaee about Evauhreeday Mineruhlsss." But I did manage to get a few good tips from some of them. One was if after you buff in your mineral foundation, if you find that it looks a little bit chalky, mist your face a bit with water. This helps the minerals settle in better. I tried it and it works. You have to use just a fine mist, though, not big drops. You guys probably already knew that, but it was news to me.

The sunlight concealer is really great, but you have to apply it with a light hand. On Sunday I put too much on, and it looked like my eyes were floating about 2 inches off of my face. I washed it off and tried again and the second time I did much better. I think today that I have the technique down pat.

The Lavendar everyday everywear has made some really positive changes in my face. Some of the red spots that I have been covering with the mint concealer are starting to fade! I can't wait to see the changes as I continue to use it.

Today's face wardrobe

sunlight concealer under the eyes

spot cover with mint concealer

fair medium foundation - original glo

Jump Rope blush

Good China as a base on the eyes

Pressed olive on the lid

Cypress in the crease

Samba lessons as a liner

Mascara (Avon! The horror!)

Lipstick (Mary Kay! Traitorous Cruelshoes!)

Yay! Paula got her makeup! Put it on and tell us how beautiful you look.

jerseyangel Proficient

So happy everyone is enjoying their new makeup :D

Donna--Beautiful new avatar B)

Archived