Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mango04

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Hum, Plan B might just work....they certainly couldn't stand loosing TWO of their menfolk, lol. :lol:

Well i love the face wipes, so gentle and smell good

I really want to try those, they sound like a must have item.

So I did the sassy Saturday thing. Bathed. Put on a pile of makeup. Did tons of dark eyeshadow, blush, lipstick, the whole nine yards. When my friend showed up he stared at me with very confused expression and said "what's going on?" because, of course, we were just going out to haul wood to his house...

It was great fun. I'm sure his roommate was equally confused to see me in scruffy, wood chip covered clothes and a face done up like a lingerie catalog ad.

LOL, that'll show 'em. A girly girl at heart out hauling wood. Bet they loved it!!!

I'm still waiting for my first sample kit to arrive. I asked for USPS delivery so, hopefully, it will arrive tommorrow. <_<

Hope you get it soon, Cheri. What did you get?

6. You plan a shopping trip centered solely around buying "accessories" for your makeup habit.

Case in point. I went to a really neat store we have here called Storables. They have any and all kinds of storage containers. Went there soley to scope out what I could find for my makeup stuff.

What I found: 2 different kinds of little mini travel containers (like little pill cases) that would be suitable for putting my minerals and unpetroleum in to make my own lip gloss; another little set of drawers thingy to put in my linen closed to hold the "overflow" of mineral containers; a mini funnel to aid in getting those pesky minerals into a small container, and a little plastic container that will fit inside my tote so I can "add a compartment" whenever I want. :P

You do find the best makeup accessory buys. I love the 'add a compartment' idea. That is so perfect, lol.

7. You remove and reapply a full face of makeup more than twice in one day just to see what a different combination looks like.

8. You compulsively check online to see when the EXACT MINUTE is that your EM order will arrive.

9. When your order arrives, you speed home and lock yourself in the bathroom with it so the kids can't interrupt as you paw through it.

10. You start looking at complete strangers and analyzing their makeup and think about how EM would look on them.

11. You take complete strangers hostage from other threads in hopes of raising money to feed your EM addiction.

12. You begin to think of all colors as base, lid, crease, and liner.

hahaha!!! :lol: I love number 12!!!

Maybe I'll have time to "tart-up" before going to chorale practice tonight!!

Or maybe a bad idea, since the average age of the basses and tenors is probably about 70.

Oh, go for it. It might be fun to see what reaction you get, lol!

:lol:

I love #11. What have you negotiated for us Colleen? Can we all expect life-time supplies of cosmetic wipes and angled brow brushes? :lol:

13. You're known to stalk DHL vans.

14. You put on foundation (and a bit of blush) to go running, and justify it by telling yourself that the make-up will provide good sun protection.

15. When you refer to your online make-up friends in everyday conversation, people look at you like this -----> :huh:

16. You own twelve shades of blush, and plan on ordering more.

17. You considered choosing ten shades of eye shadow an extremely difficult decision.

18. You couldn't decide whether you were warm, cool, beige or neutral, and you REALLY couldn't decide if you wanted matte, semi-matte, intensive or original-glo (and you ponder these things often).

19. Sometimes you feel like kermit.

LOL. #15 is great! Actually, they are all great!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe I'll have time to "tart-up" before going to chorale practice tonight!!

Or maybe a bad idea, since the average age of the basses and tenors is probably about 70.

You might give them heart attacks.

:lol::lol:

Yes, you might want to rethink that. You don't want to have an EM induced heart attack on your hands!

And besides, "tarting it up" is reserved for Tuesdays remember :P

Omg last night i had an dream i got my s$#&zu and guess what i named her lmao. EM, so i had to get her a little pink purse with Em on it.

Cute Paula, it could be our cult mascot.....but somehow I am thinking Richard made up as Amy Winehouse would be a more fitting mascot for this crew :lol:

Good work Joni, Mango, and Colleen for your lists! Joni, fun idea :D

And here is the brilliance in its entirety:

1. You choose your clothes according to the makeup colors your going to wear.

2. You plan a day ahead what makeup your wearing the next day.

3. You know you must have every brush EM puts out.

4. You spend over $30.00 in makeup because you like the new "special".

5. You wear makeup even when your planning on staying home for the day.

6. You plan a shopping trip centered solely around buying "accessories" for your makeup habit.

7. You remove and reapply a full face of makeup more than twice in one day just to see what a different combination looks like.

8. You compulsively check online to see when the EXACT MINUTE is that your EM order will arrive.

9. When your order arrives, you speed home and lock yourself in the bathroom with it so the kids can't interrupt as you paw through it.

10. You start looking at complete strangers and analyzing their makeup and think about how EM would look on them.

11. You take complete strangers hostage from other threads in hopes of raising money to feed your EM addiction.

14. You put on foundation (and a bit of blush) to go running, and justify it by telling yourself that the make-up will provide good sun protection.

15. When you refer to your online make-up friends in everyday conversation, people look at you like this -----> :huh:

17. You considered choosing ten shades of eye shadow an extremely difficult decision.

18. You couldn't decide whether you were warm, cool, beige or neutral, and you REALLY couldn't decide if you wanted matte, semi-matte, intensive or original-glo (and you ponder these things often).

Does anyone use any of the skin and body stuff, some of it looks so refreshing, but didnt know if anyone uses it or likes it.

Has anyone changed the way they dress while using Em makeup? I have been online window shopping cause i want some cute young hip clothes to wear now. I have lived in yoga pants, sweats and regular jeans for too long, i need a whole new look lol.

paula

20. The day is missing something if you didn't 'mix' more than one makeup color together.

:lol: Joni

Yes, "mixing bowls" have a different meaning in the life of an EM cult member, they aren't for the kitchen anymore!!

I have been online window shopping cause i want some cute young hip clothes to wear now. I have lived in yoga pants, sweats and regular jeans for too long, i need a whole new look lol.

Like I sadi EM is changing lives ;)

I haven't gone that far myself, still in the yoga pants, workout wear and jeans, but at least my face is sparkly :lol:

OK...who's gonna take me in when I get divorced???....I just placed my 3rd order within a week. Maybe I should stop going to the site :o ....No, don't think that's an option....guess divorce it is :lol:

:lol: Joni

I haven't gone that far myself, still in the yoga pants, workout wear and jeans, but at least my face is sparkly :lol:

Well im still in the looking stage, i have 5-10 more pounds i want to lose before i buy anything lol. But watch out this spring and summer lol. Between the new makeup and feeling better and new attitude, i might be a whole new me. And im sure i will still wear my work out wear and jogging suits, i have so many of them lol

paula

Does anyone use any of the skin and body stuff, some of it looks so refreshing, but didnt know if anyone uses it or likes it.

Has anyone changed the way they dress while using Em makeup? I have been online window shopping cause i want some cute young hip clothes to wear now. I have lived in yoga pants, sweats and regular jeans for too long, i need a whole new look lol.

paula

I use the Everyday Everywhere lavendar moisturizer. It works really well, but is pricey.

Like I sadi EM is changing lives ;)

Yes, it is! :)

I actually bought a box of hair color a loooong time ago and just recently took it out and did the skin test. I think I'm ready to make that bold move, lol!

OK...who's gonna take me in when I get divorced???....I just placed my 3rd order within a week. Maybe I should stop going to the site :o ....No, don't think that's an option....guess divorce it is :lol:

Oh no, we can't have that! He's supposed to be liking your new look so much that he will let you spend an endless amount of money on EM makeup and accessories, lol!!!

Well im still in the looking stage, i have 5-10 more pounds i want to lose before i buy anything lol. But watch out this spring and summer lol. Between the new makeup and feeling better and new attitude, i might be a whole new me. And im sure i will still wear my work out wear and jogging suits, i have so many of them lol

paula

I am with you Paula. I have about 10 lbs. to lose before I buy any clothes. And theres nothing like a comfy pair of yoga pants or an old favorite pair of ragged jeans on those days when I stay home. I will never give those up, no matter how prissy I get with my EM makeup routine!

Everyone,

Last night my hubby asked me who my new boyfriend was lol. He was like ok first u are losing weight, now u got some cool make-up, and now u want new hip clothes. So after he told me that i went and got my whitening strips to whiten my teeth lol. He knowsi only love him.

Today i got up with him at 4:30 and decided to exercise, but the reason why i did it, is so i can be in the shower and have time to put my makeup on before the kids get up lmao. I use to be able to get up and shower and get ready in 15 minutes, now it will take me at least an hour lol

paula

Ok i am for sure in the tart tuesday.

Today i have the mint concelor, lots of it lol

then multitasking concelor on top of that to get rid of the green tint lol

then medium tan foundation, i love this color, i think i found my perfect match.

then on eyes, pots and pan as the base, exhale in the crease and ginger peach on bottom(im in love with this color and the sparkles, i even added some to my lip gloss lol. I use the smokey eyeliner.

I have so much makeup on lol.

My kids all told me i was very pretty tho when they woke up, wonder what hubby will saylol

paula

Well, can't QUITE change the way I dress yet...I have 10 pounds to lose too, lol. But hey, I put my makeup on for my yoga pants, even when I'm at home, lol.

I actually bought a box of hair color a loooong time ago and just recently took it out and did the skin test. I think I'm ready to make that bold move, lol!

Do it, do it!

Last night my hubby asked me who my new boyfriend was lol. He was like ok first u are losing weight, now u got some cool make-up, and now u want new hip clothes. So after he told me that i went and got my whitening strips to whiten my teeth lol. He knowsi only love him.

:lol: I've been thinking of whitening strips myself, lol.

Ok i am for sure in the tart tuesday.

Ack! I forgot about Tart it up Tuesday...I'm barely wearing anything. Well the massive amount of sunlight concealor shows...I was too impatient this morning to put it on with a little brush so I took to my eyes with my fingers--used my finger to dip into the concealor and went straight for my eyes. :lol: I have NO dark circles at all this morning, lol. Um, even my beloved Pink Ribbon doesn't show up much against the "glow" of the sunlight concealor. :P:lol::ph34r:

1. You choose your clothes according to the makeup colors your going to wear.

2. You plan a day ahead what makeup your wearing the next day.

3. You know you must have every brush EM puts out.

4. You spend over $30.00 in makeup because you like the new "special".

5. You wear makeup even when your planning on staying home for the day.

20. The day is missing something if you didn't 'mix' more than one makeup color together.

21. You know the exact day the EM special will change. And you are seriously ticked off if they extend the current special.

22. On the day the special is supposed to change, the first thing you do in the morning is log into the EM site to see what the new special is. If it hasn't changed yet, you send EM an email to ask what time zone the change will occur in.

23. The second thing you do on the change of special day is to log on to this thread to make sure everyone else saw it and ask what they are ordering.

Has anyone changed the way they dress while using Em makeup?

Me! I also started fixing my hair and I even wore earrings last week for the first time in years. Jeeze - I have looked like a mess for a long time. My husband wants to know who my new boyfriend is too. I just tell him "It's you. You big strong virile man you." Pffft - little does he know I am doing it for ME ME ME!!!

Today's eye palate - Good China all over, diary on the lid and silver spoon as a liner. Good China is the one I use almost every day. I think it is the perfect base color for most things.

Me! I also started fixing my hair and I even wore earrings last week for the first time in years. Jeeze - I have looked like a mess for a long time. My husband wants to know who my new boyfriend is too. I just tell him "It's you. You big strong virile man you." Pffft - little does he know I am doing it for ME ME ME!!!

Today's eye palate - Good China all over, diary on the lid and silver spoon as a liner. Good China is the one I use almost every day. I think it is the perfect base color for most things.

I have started to fix my hair to, well actually brush and put some hairspray in it, instead of an ponytail lol. I have long straight hair and it dont curl lol.

I told hubby i was doing it for me to, and he was happy. I remember my mom use to tell mw why do women become frumpy when they get married and id tell her i will never do that, well of course i became an frumpy wife and mother, but not anymore. Just cause im 35 doesnt mean i have to look like it lol.

Ill have to try the good china. I cant do an order for 2 more weeks when i get my money in, then im buying all the brushes and eye shadows, and im sure other things. I figure why do a couple small orders now when i can do an huge one in 2 weeks and not worry about the total lol.

Hubby came home today and told me i look so pretty today and that he didnt want to go back to work. Im like pretty, i want to hear gorgeous, hot lmao

paula

Go for it Joni!

then medium tan foundation, i love this color, i think i found my perfect match.

Sounds like you are having fun Paula, that's great you found your perfect foundation match :D

Well the massive amount of sunlight concealor shows...I was too impatient this morning to put it on with a little brush so I took to my eyes with my fingers--used my finger to dip into the concealor and went straight for my eyes. :lol: I have NO dark circles at all this morning, lol. Um, even my beloved Pink Ribbon doesn't show up much against the "glow" of the sunlight concealor. :P:lol::ph34r:

So today you are simply glowing, literally :D

21. You know the exact day the EM special will change. And you are seriously ticked off if they extend the current special.

22. On the day the special is supposed to change, the first thing you do in the morning is log into the EM site to see what the new special is. If it hasn't changed yet, you send EM an email to ask what time zone the change will occur in.

23. The second thing you do on the change of special day is to log on to this thread to make sure everyone else saw it and ask what they are ordering.

:lol: Colleen

They say, whoever they are, that these are all the signs spouses, or significant others, should be suspicious of, hee hee.

Hmmm, I might have to look into Good China.

I cant do an order for 2 more weeks when i get my money in, then im buying all the brushes and eye shadows, and im sure other things. I figure why do a couple small orders now when i can do an huge one in 2 weeks and not worry about the total lol.

It's official, Paula has gone EM mad !! :lol:

Donna, let me know if you try the whitening strips. I have been afraid that I would react to them.

Yeah, I think Good China is one of my favorites!

I LOVE all the new additions to our addiction list, lol!

24. You are seriously bummed out if there are NO new posts in the EM thread. :lol:

25. You check the EM site 3-10 times a day JUST to see if there are any new colors or products.

26. you wake up early with the excuse to exercise when really you want an hour to put on your makeup while the kids are still asleep.

27. You cant wait to buy all the brushes and eye shadows in one shopping trip.

28. You email all of your "real life" friends and tell them about EM.

29. You talk so much about EM, your mom tells you to order her some.

paula

Everyone,

paula

LOL, nice he is noticing and likes all your new changes.

My kids all told me i was very pretty tho when they woke up, wonder what hubby will saylol

paula

Awwww, isn't is so nice to get compliments!?!

Do it, do it!

I will, either tomorrow or Thursday. Probably Thursday.

LOL, #21 is a killer isn't it?

I have started to fix my hair to, well actually brush and put some hairspray in it, instead of an ponytail lol. I have long straight hair and it dont curl lol.

Hubby came home today and told me i look so pretty today and that he didnt want to go back to work. Im like pretty, i want to hear gorgeous, hot lmao

paula

I've actually been curling my hair with a curling iron. Sheesh, can't remember the last time I did that.

Go for it Joni!

I will, Julie!

Donna, let me know if you try the whitening strips. I have been afraid that I would react to them.

Me, too! I've been wondering about those too! Especially if they are gluten free???

I am ready to tart it up today! I'll be wearing tight jeans (of course, most of them are with my excess 10 lbs., but hey I'm working on it), a black button down long sleeve tee, and my black pumps. I think I want to use Diary on the eyes again with some other new combination (purplish colors, maybe). I really like those sparkles.

All to take the children to dance and karate, LMBO!!!

Tonight is "Reality Night" at my sons karate. They actually have the black belts really come after the students and flip them or knock them down if they don't defend themselves properly. My son is a cocky 3 yr. old and I can't wait to see him get knocked down a couple times. This should be an entertaining night, lol!!!

Wonder what new special EM will have this week? I am in desperate need for that blush brush. :D

The crest whitening strips and mouthwash are gluten free, i called on them a while agol I have no problems with them, i have used them off and on for months now, of course more off then on, but im continuing this time.

paula

I'm so boring today, considering it's Tart Tuesday :lol:

I'm just wearing a bit of foundation, concealer, DVR Saturday mixed with Light Pink blush, and Good China on my eyes.

How sad...that's now considered a light make-up day :lol::lol:

Okay so...

30. Foundation, one type of concealer, two shades of blush and one shade of eye shadow is considered a light make-up day (because you usually wear three types of concealer and four shades of eyeshadow)...

The crest whitening strips and mouthwash are gluten free, i called on them a while agol I have no problems with them, i have used them off and on for months now, of course more off then on, but im continuing this time.

paula

Thank you Paula. How do they work? Overnight? I've never really looked into any of them.

I'm so boring today, considering it's Tart Tuesday :lol:

I'm just wearing a bit of foundation, concealer, DVR Saturday mixed with Light Pink blush, and Good China on my eyes.

How sad...that's now considered a light make-up day :lol::lol:

Okay so...

30. Foundation, one type of concealer, two shades of blush and one shade of eye shadow is considered a light make-up day (because you usually wear three types of concealer and four shades of eyeshadow)...

LOL! The day is still young. Don't despair, you have plenty of tarting-up time left. Show your true cult spirit and go home and tart it up while staying around the house for the rest of the day or you could always tart it up to go accessory shopping for your makeup. :D

Joni the ones i use are the ones u put on for 30 minutes 2 times a day. I put them on while i shower then again before i go to bed. My mom has used so many teeth whitening stuff, even bleaching at the dentist and these work the best for her. I know they make so many different kinds, but these are the only ones i have confirmed are gluten free, so i stick to them. And i have always loved crest products.

mango,

No boring days lol. Isnt it funny how we go from hardly no makeup to so much and then we cut it down some we feel boring and nekkid lol.

paula

No boring days lol. Isnt it funny how we go from hardly no makeup to so much and then we cut it down some we feel boring and nekkid lol

LOL so true!

Okay so tomorrow I need to try snowflakes eyeshadow, which is a bit purple. That means I should probably wear a black top or a white top (or maybe grey). :lol: I also really want to try mixing favorite hooodie with natural for a light brown blush. So glad I'm not the only one who plans colors ahead and revolves my clothing choices around my make-up :lol:

Oooh and I forgot to tell you guys...I tried Anytime blush over the weekend and I loved it (I looked fabulous during my garage sale LOL :lol::lol:). It's a really cool (as in not warm) color...just gives a subtle pink glow :D

Those samples I ordered from Aubrey Nicole were just packed a shipped. I ordered them on the 16th. :huh::blink:

I guess they don't have a room full of speed packers like EM does.

If I ever get the stuff, I'll let you guys know how it is. lol

Tonight is "Reality Night" at my sons karate. They actually have the black belts really come after the students and flip them or knock them down if they don't defend themselves properly. My son is a cocky 3 yr. old and I can't wait to see him get knocked down a couple times. This should be an entertaining night, lol!!!

Reminds me of my Judo attempt when I lived in Hawaii...my friend (who was a Judo instructor) talked me into taking judo from him. I thought...cool I can breeze through this because he is my friend. In my own little cocky way, I decided on day I didn't want to practice. He said "get up or I will throw you off the bench". I didn't get up. He threw me...off the bench. Good thing I had learned how to FALL really well. :P So, um, speaking from experience, I'd say he'll get knocked down a little. :P

:lol: :lol: