This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

Green12 Enthusiast

Ladies, you think there will actually be a new special tomorrow??????????

:unsure::unsure:

30. Foundation, one type of concealer, two shades of blush and one shade of eye shadow is considered a light make-up day (because you usually wear three types of concealer and four shades of eyeshadow)...

:lol:

What's with the No Make Up/Casual Friday on a Tart It Up Tuesday?!?!?! :D

Oooh and I forgot to tell you guys...I tried Anytime blush over the weekend and I loved it (I looked fabulous during my garage sale LOL :lol::lol:). It's a really cool (as in not warm) color...just gives a subtle pink glow :D

Ooooh, this sounds like what I am looking for, thanks for the tip!

I guess they don't have a room full of speed packers like EM does.

I guess not!

Yes, let us know how the competition stands up, if at all :lol:

Reminds me of my Judo attempt when I lived in Hawaii...my friend (who was a Judo instructor) talked me into taking judo from him.

So in other words, don't mess with Donna, because she knows Judo and just might take you down?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green12 Enthusiast
I am ready to tart it up today! I'll be wearing tight jeans (of course, most of them are with my excess 10 lbs., but hey I'm working on it), a black button down long sleeve tee, and my black pumps.

Black pumps Joni, to karate :lol::lol:

That exceeds the "Tart" meter I think, more tarty than I could ever pull off :lol::lol:

Tonight is "Reality Night" at my sons karate. They actually have the black belts really come after the students and flip them or knock them down if they don't defend themselves properly. My son is a cocky 3 yr. old and I can't wait to see him get knocked down a couple times. This should be an entertaining night, lol!!!

Aw, this sounds cute, however I hope your son doesn't get knocked around too much :lol:

Mango, forgot to mention about your avatar!

So, you do exist, you are a real live girl, not a mango tree or a Australian coastline :lol::lol:

I often wondered...... :lol:

So nice to "see" you :D

Joni63 Collaborator
Joni the ones i use are the ones u put on for 30 minutes 2 times a day. paula

Thank you. I will look for them.

If I ever get the stuff, I'll let you guys know how it is. lol

Yes, we need to know how it 'compares' to EM. <_<

So, um, speaking from experience, I'd say he'll get knocked down a little. :P

LOL, he did get knocked around a little. But not bad. Enough for him to know he needs to take it seriously in case he ever gets attacked. Not that that's something I want an 8 year old to have to know...but you never know.

I don't know. I don't want to be tempted too much just yet. I was hoping I could hold off at least a month before ordering again, lol!

That exceeds the "Tart" meter I think, more tarty than I could ever pull off :lol::lol:

Ok, well they aren't actually pumps but I honestly didn't know what to call them. They are black leather shoes with larger flatter heals than pumps, they go nicely with jeans. I guess I win the tart of the week, lol.

Actually it was to karate and dance! They are next door to one another and I go back and forth so I can watch both kids. :blink:

Mango, your avatar is great.

Mango04 Enthusiast
Mango forgot to mention about your avatar!

So, you do exist, you are a real live girl, not a mango tree or a Australian coastline :lol::lol:

I often wondered...... :lol:

So nice to "see" you :D

But I so enjoy posing as mango trees and Australian coastlines :lol: Or maybe I just have some sort of weird identity crisis lol.

What's with the No Make Up/Casual Friday on a Tart It Up Tuesday?!?!?

:lol: :lol:

I was clearly confused this morning. And oh noo....isn't tomorrow Wholesome Wednesday??? Forget that! :lol: I need it to be Wild Wednesday, or Wicked Wednesday (or did we decide already on something else for Wednesday? LOL) Anyway, I'll be making up for my lack of Tartness today...

Cheri A Contributor

I got my first sample pack and brushes yesterday! :D I think most of the foundation colors are going to be too light. We'll see. Was someone else mentioning that the brushes are disappearing from the website? My friend asked me to order her an angled eyebrow brush and I was sent an eyeshadow brush? I just checked the website and now there is no eyebrow pencil on the page?! Wierd!

So, the big question is how the heck do you get into the little jars? I can't get the plastic thing pried off!

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay ladies...I don't think I reported on one of my most cult like behaviors. So, Saturday I bought the travel Kabuki brush (very nice), and it came in a little plastic box. In true cult-like behavior, I sat and pondered what I could use this little box for...too good to throw away. So, I took it upstairs and put first one little mini eyeshadow on its side...then another. It fits SIXTEEN mini eyeshadows on their sides. PERFECTLY...as if the darned box was made for these things, lol. Don't ask me why that was so exciting! :lol:

Oooh and I forgot to tell you guys...I tried Anytime blush over the weekend and I loved it (I looked fabulous during my garage sale LOL :lol::lol:). It's a really cool (as in not warm) color...just gives a subtle pink glow :D

Oooh, Anytime is in my next order I think. Must go check. I think I'm ALMOST done with trying blushes. Just about 6 more to try. :lol:

I guess they don't have a room full of speed packers like EM does.

No little ladies watching a huge screen waiting for one of the EM celiac bunch to order?! What kind of company is that?!

So in other words, don't mess with Donna, because she knows Judo and just might take you down?

Just checked....picking apart the wording again, lol, they said THROUGH the 23rd. Stupid words! :angry::lol:

Oh, and did I mention that I also took 3 years of karate...made it to brown belt (2 or 3 levels of brown), but had a major disagreement with my instructor so never went for my black belt. :P Yes, don't mess with Donna. Actually one of my friends says if you sent me to a war zone during THAT time of month, I could solve the worlds war problem single handedly. :lol:

:lol: Tart meter! :lol:

LOL, he did get knocked around a little. But not bad. Enough for him to know he needs to take it seriously in case he ever gets attacked. Not that that's something I want an 8 year old to have to know...but you never know.

Yeah, it's sad that we even have to THINK about stuff like this!

I was clearly confused this morning. And oh noo....isn't tomorrow Wholesome Wednesday??? Forget that! :lol: I need it to be Wild Wednesday, or Wicked Wednesday (or did we decide already on something else for Wednesday? LOL) Anyway, I'll be making up for my lack of Tartness today...

Nah, the idea of wholesome wednesday didn't go over to well, so wild wednesday or wiched wednesday is it...although, I AM pretty wholesome looking today if I do say so myself. :P

So, the big question is how the heck do you get into the little jars? I can't get the plastic thing pried off!

Yay, glad you got your order. There is a little piece of tape covering the holes...if you put your fingernail inside and kind of scratch from the outside towards the inside, it should come off...you don't actually have to remove the plastic thingy. Some people did, but you don't have to, then you'd shake the minerals out...I shake mine out onto a margarine lid because it has a larger surface to work with than those tiny caps, lol.

Mango04 Enthusiast

I have fun eyeshadow today! LOL :lol:

Base: pots and pans

Lid: bedtime story

Crease: snowflakes

Highlighter: camomile

For blush I mixed morning cup with light pink. Oooh I like it! lol

And...I exemplified some really impressive (uh - if you could call it that) cult like behavior this morning. I actually got on Photobooth at 6:30am after I did my make-up and took a picture of my face :ph34r::lol: I wanted to show you guys the colors, but my wireless went down, so I couldn't upload a new av. Oh well, maybe later LOL

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Cheri A Contributor

So what's the learning curve with this stuff. I figured out how to get into the little jars. I put on the mint concealer and then multi-tasking foundation. OMG! It was terrible. It was really chalky on my entire face and the stuff floating around, geez! I washed it off and put my Clinique liquid foundation on and left.

Mango04 Enthusiast
So what's the learning curve with this stuff. I figured out how to get into the little jars. I put on the mint concealer and then multi-tasking foundation. OMG! It was terrible. It was really chalky on my entire face and the stuff floating around, geez! I washed it off and put my Clinique liquid foundation on and left.

:(

Hm...it can take a while to get the hang of things if you've never used mineral make-up. If it's chalky, the color might be too light, or you might have put on way too much (the sample size lasts me about seven or eight days, at least) Also, what kind of brush did you use? And did you buff it in, rather than brush it on? :P:lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

31. You've gotten up at 5, spent all day at work, went to chorale practice without having time to open your makeup, get home at ten completely exhausted and still feel compelled to try out the chit chat blush because it's Donna's favorite.....or....wait, was that supposed to be knick knack? Shoot, when is that next special.

cruelshoes Enthusiast
I am ready to tart it up today! I'll be wearing tight jeans (of course, most of them are with my excess 10 lbs., but hey I'm working on it), a black button down long sleeve tee, and my black pumps.

No, no, this will never do. On Tart it up Tuesday, the pumps must be RED!

Okay ladies...I don't think I reported on one of my most cult like behaviors. So, Saturday I bought the travel Kabuki brush (very nice), and it came in a little plastic box. In true cult-like behavior, I sat and pondered what I could use this little box for...too good to throw away. So, I took it upstairs and put first one little mini eyeshadow on its side...then another. It fits SIXTEEN mini eyeshadows on their sides. PERFECTLY...as if the darned box was made for these things, lol. Don't ask me why that was so exciting! :lol:

As a member of the same cult, I know exactly why this is so exciting. :lol:

Cheri - i had the same problem at first because I had never used mineral makeup before. I found a salon in town that does Bare Escentuals consultations. I went in there under the guise of maybe buying something, and they did a whole face of makeup on me. It really helped me understand the technique a little better. Maybe you have someplace in your town that would do the same thing. Honestly, most of the time I mix my foundation into my moisturizer and put it on that way. I have pretty dry skin and it really helps even things out more.

Today:

Chit Chat blush

Good China Base

Snowflakes Lid (love this color)

Silver Spoon Liner

Green12 Enthusiast

According to the website:

"Chalky? If your foundation gives you a chalky appearance, it is too light for your skin. To correct this, simply blend it with a darker shade of mineral foundation until you have just the right shade."

And for Susan this probably apllied:

"Fine Lines? If fine lines are accentuated, your foundation is too dark for your skin. If you find this to be the case, simply blend with a lighter shade of foundation to achieve the perfect complexion."

Cheri, with mineral make-up less is more. You have to apply very little amounts at a time, buff and buff to blend, and build up with layers. It might have also been a case of you putting on too much.

jerseyangel Proficient

Cheri,

If it looks too light and chalky, it's probably because you didn't buff it in enough. The colors of mineral makeup tend to be pretty forgiving when they're buffed in completely.

I remember my first few attempts with BE--I hated how it looked and put the stuff away for like a year! My sister talked me into trying it again, and soon I got the hang of it.

Try swirling the brush in the minerals (don't use too much) and then hold the brush upright and tap it on the edge of the lid. Begin applying at the outside of your face, swirling the brush in little circles as you go. When you have it all applied, go over and really buff it in--lots of little swirls. You don't want it sitting on top of your skin ;)

See what you think--good luck :D

Green12 Enthusiast
31. You've gotten up at 5, spent all day at work, went to chorale practice without having time to open your makeup, get home at ten completely exhausted and still feel compelled to try out the chit chat blush because it's Donna's favorite.....or....wait, was that supposed to be knick knack? Shoot, when is that next special.

:lol::lol::lol:

No, no, this will never do. On Tart it up Tuesday, the pumps must be RED!

True true, but heels of any color should get some points dontcha think, especially when going to karate and dance class, or to Walmart for that matter, or to fetch the mail.

I mean, that is cult dedication :lol:

Great application tips Patti :)

dlp252 Apprentice
And...I exemplified some really impressive (uh - if you could call it that) cult like behavior this morning. I actually got on Photobooth at 6:30am after I did my make-up and took a picture of my face :ph34r::lol: I wanted to show you guys the colors, but my wireless went down, so I couldn't upload a new av. Oh well, maybe later LOL

I see plenty of people answered you already, yes, definitely a learning curve. Tapping the excess off before you put the brush on your face is a pretty good start...build up the layers. I've used mineral makeup for years, but even I had trouble with the MINT CONCEALOR at first, lol. I looked like KERMIT! It doesn't take as much as you'd think to cover up the spots. I use a tiny lip brush to dab just a little on the spots (unless I'm using sunlight concealor and am impatient in which case I take my finger to the minerals and then to my eye suitcases :lol: ).

:lol: :lol: NICK NACK!!! :lol: But wait, now my favorite just might be PINK RIBBON! NICK is a VERY CLOSE second...almost tied though. :P

And the answer is....

TOMORROW :P

Mango04 Enthusiast
And the answer is....

TOMORROW :P

I have a feeling they will torture us once again wtih at least a day of silence. There will be that picture of the lip scrub, and the wipes, but no special. :(

Maybe I'm wrong and something fabulous will pop up tomorrow, but I wouldn't want us to re-live the angst we experienced last time they didn't change the special right away, so I'm not getting my hopes up :lol::lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

But, but, they already extended it ONCE!!! They surely can't do it again can they???? OMGosh, what will I do? :blink: I'm scared...hold me! :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star
:lol: :lol: NICK NACK!!! :lol: But wait, now my favorite just might be PINK RIBBON! NICK is a VERY CLOSE second...almost tied though. :P

aaaaaagggggggghhhhh

actually I look like crap today. Did the face, then the mascara smudged under one eye and I only had time to wipe it off (from under both eyes) before running out the door (thereby emphasizing my dark circles) and since I was running to the dentist, I finished that appointment with clean teeth and all my foundation wiped away from around my mouth. Then at work someone said "you look a little green..."

oh well. I have a nasty cough so people are keeping their distance anyway. Maybe that's the answer for bad face days - develop some potentially contagious disease.

cruelshoes Enthusiast

Just popping in to say that Donna's new new avatar looks even prettier than the other new one. :) Love mango's new one too. Julie's was already pretty. :)

dlp252 Apprentice
Then at work someone said "you look a little green..."

:lol: :lol: OMGosh, I almost spit my vitamin cocktail on this one. :lol:

Just popping in to say that Donna's new new avatar looks even prettier than the other new one. :) Love mango's new one too. Julie's was already pretty. :)

Why thank you! I keep trying different ones...they just all look BROWN, lol. I tried lightening this one, but it didn't help much, lol. Ditto on Mango's and Julie's!

confused Community Regular

Ok i am having cult like tendencies now, i just went to Em and opened up the website so when i get up in the morning it is already on my puter and i can see the new special. I think i will need therapy soon lmao.

paula

Green12 Enthusiast

OK LADIES, We could possibly have a new special tomorrow!!!!!

Ok i am having cult like tendencies now, i just went to Em and opened up the website so when i get up in the morning it is already on my puter and i can see the new special. I think i will need therapy soon lmao.

:lol: Paula

I have a feeling they will torture us once again wtih at least a day of silence. There will be that picture of the lip scrub, and the wipes, but no special. :(

Maybe I'm wrong and something fabulous will pop up tomorrow, but I wouldn't want us to re-live the angst we experienced last time they didn't change the special right away, so I'm not getting my hopes up :lol::lol:

Probably so. It might be best for us to start the day with very low expectations, then we won't be disappointed.

I'm scared...hold me! :lol:

:D

Thanks Colleen

I agree on Mango's and va va va vooom Donna's :lol:

Ditto on Mango's and Julie's!

Thank you, although my avatar is sans EM, pre EM :lol:

Take a look at Jess's avatar, EM has done such wonders her skin is as smooth as a baby!!!!

Cheri A Contributor

Thanks for all of the tips, ladies. After I posted, I went to EM and looked at the their pages. All of your tips are/were much better. I even tried to view the YouTube videos. I couldn't get through them! :D

I will try again tommorrow. I am feeling a bit icky today, so I'm just going to do what I always do.

dlp252 Apprentice

OMGOSH THE WORST HAS HAPPENED....IT'S 5:56 A.M. PACIFIC TIME AND NO NEW SPECIAL!!!!! I feel sick...think I need to go home and lay on the couch!! :lol: :lol: :angry::huh::lol:

Oh Paula...by the time you read this your hopes and dreams will have been dashed to pieces. :P:lol::angry::lol:

Take a look at Jess's avatar, EM has done such wonders her skin is as smooth as a baby!!!!

Hey...at 52 I could use some of that. Hey Jess...what are YOUR favorite colors?! :lol:

I will try again tommorrow. I am feeling a bit icky today, so I'm just going to do what I always do.

Sorry you're feeling icky...hoping you feel better today!

Everyone,

Well, in anticipation of the new special, I decided to get up 15 minutes earlier and put on full eye makeup, lol. Nothing new except Well Being. It's a nice smokey purple color (very dark though). I like it, but it's so similar to some of the other colors. I'm still looking for replacements for my two favorite BM colors and I just haven't found them yet. I'm still trying though. :P

I've also decided, in true cult-like fashion, that I NEED to set my alarm 15 minutes earlier. Now, for those that don't know, my alarm is currently set for 4:30 a.m. :lol: I have to be at work by 6:30, and I have a 30 minute commute. I have decided that I need the extra 15 minutes to put on eye makeup. :lol: :lol:

confused Community Regular

Im thinking since they are on the same time zone as me, that it wont be updated til 8 am. So i guess we have 30 more minutes to wait lol.

lmao hubby just called and woke me up and asked me if i was taking the boys to school and i was like omg i dont have enough time to put my makeup on and to shower, so he is coming home to take them lmao.

paula

Archived