This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

Mango04 Enthusiast
I think I'll order another sample kit and get Email Me. I'm looking at Email Me, Apple, Weekend Getaway, Fresh Air...anyone have any of these blush shades??

Oooh, I've heard good things about Apple. Can't they just open an Everyday Minerals section in Sephora, so we can go try all of them? LOL

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green12 Enthusiast
Oooh, I've heard good things about Apple. Can't they just open an Everyday Minerals section in Sephora, so we can go try all of them? LOL

Oh good, maybe I'll get apple!

Apple just sounds so nice too :lol: .

Rosebud710 Apprentice

I ordered Girls Day for my sample kit and thought it would be too dark, but I like it! I'm a blonde with fair skin, so you can guess my skin color - or lack thereof ;) ! I ordered Apple last week and still waiting on my order, so I'll let you guys know how it is when it comes here.

I'm loving this make-up!!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Oh good, maybe I'll get apple!

Apple just sounds so nice too :lol: .

Oh!

I got the apple. It is actually a soft, rosy blush color - pretty natural on me. Slightly leaning to the orange side, though.....I like a bluer-pink.

Joni63 Collaborator

I am really pleased with this makeup. I love the eyeliner, Smokey. It looks so natural and you can make it as light or dark as you want. Very nice and it will last a very long time.

Luckily my foundation colors were pretty close. I'm not sure which type I like though, I tried intensive, original, and matte. I need to order another sample kit so I can try the semi-matte. They all seem to work ok, but it's hard to tell in winter when my skin tends to be on the dry side.

For blush I ordered Sunday Brunch, it is definately on the orange-ish side on me. I can't use anything orange-ish. I'm thinking about ordering Anytime, Chit Chat, Soft Touch, Nick Nack, All Smiles and/or possibly Morning Cup. Soft Touch might be too light though since I'm medium beige-ish skin color.

I also bought the Premium Foundation brush which I really like using with the concealer. It goes so nicely in my dark circle grooves, lol. And the concealer works very well mixed with a little face cream (I use dove).

The only thing I don't like about the kits is your can only order so many of each item unless you go to the higher end kits ($48.00) But they are so worth the money and so much cheaper than a la carte.

Mango04 Enthusiast
I am really pleased with this makeup. I love the eyeliner, Smokey. It looks so natural and you can make it as light or dark as you want. Very nice and it will last a very long time.

I love Smokey too. What kind of eyeliner brush do you use?

For blush I ordered Sunday Brunch, it is definately on the orange-ish side on me. I can't use anything orange-ish. I'm thinking about ordering Anytime, Chit Chat, Soft Touch, Nick Nack, All Smiles and/or possibly Morning Cup. Soft Touch might be too light though since I'm medium beige-ish skin color.

I'm really fair and Soft Touch is light on me. Morning Cup is really light too. Really pretty - but I like it better as an eyeshadow. It's a soft brown with a lavender hue (it has much more lavender in it than the online color swatch shows).

jerseyangel Proficient

My lip glosses and samples just came!

I tried and love the Girl's Day lip gloss--haven't tried the Plum, but it looks nice.

I think I chose well on the foundation colors--I'm fair so I went with an assortment of the "cool" fair tones in 3 of the finishes.

The blush--Plum Dust--is nothing like the picture. The picture is bright pinky-orange, but I went by the written descriptions only because I've never had any luck with colors on the internet or even on a card. Good choice--it's a matte, dusty pinkish plum--no orange whatsoever.

These are very generous samples :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Joni63 Collaborator
I love Smokey too. What kind of eyeliner brush do you use?

I ordered their eyeliner brush. It works very nice. It has a thin tip, but yoi can always make the line bigger by going over it again.

The blush--Plum Dust--is nothing like the picture. The picture is bright pinky-orange, but I went by the written descriptions only because I've never had any luck with colors on the internet or even on a card. Good choice--it's a matte, dusty pinkish plum--no orange whatsoever.

These are very generous samples :D

It's good to know the written descriptions might give a better indicatin of the colors. Even the color chart they sent in my sample pack is hard to decipher. Thanks for the tip.

Yes, the samples are very generous!

mftnchn Explorer
Oh!

I got the apple. It is actually a soft, rosy blush color - pretty natural on me. Slightly leaning to the orange side, though.....I like a bluer-pink.

I can't use anything with an orange tinge, needs very blue pink tones. I am using the light neutral foundation which is great on me.

I have the following blushes:

Jump rope

soft touch

best friends

nick nack

I can use all of them, but the soft touch is very light pink. Best friend is a nice plum but too dark--its great mixed with foundation though.

Nick nack is a nice plum pink

Jump rope is a rosy plum pink with some brown in it. I absolutely love this, and use it on lips under the natural gloss as well as on cheeks.

dlp252 Apprentice

YAY!!!!! They just delivered my sample kit (the second one I ordered, lol...still haven't seen the first one, lol). So far, in the container anyway, I really like the colors...the Weekend Getaway blush does look like it might be a bit orangey for me, but it's not really dark (in the container) so I think it might be okay...if I need to I can mix it with a bit of the foundation to lighten it up. Can't wait to get home to try it out, lol. Oooh wait, maybe I should clean my brushes first. :(

Joni63 Collaborator

I think this stuff is awesome!

I love the fact that you can mix makeups. Anything you order can be made into a decent color by mixing. You can't go wrong. Plus, it's fun to be abel to "play" with makeup, lol!

Mango04 Enthusiast

Woohooo I got my new colors :D. I think I suddenly need a bigger make-up bag :lol:

The full-size blush and foundation containers are massive. omg these will last me a really long time.

Okay I so I got:

Corner Office - very pretty, shimmery apricot. I think I'll try mixing it with Soft Touch for a lighter color, but I do like it.

Photo Album - It's a very pretty raspberry . I love it as a lip color, but when I mix it with lip balm it turns orange :huh:. This is strange, b/c is doesn't look remotely orange otherwise. I guess I can wear it as a powder on my lips (?) and as a blush.

Plum Dust lip gloss - turns orange on me. Not wearable :(

Finishing Dust - love it. The Cool Reflection stuff and the Silk Dust weren't quite doing it for me, but the Finishing Dust works well.

Intensive Fair Concealer - love it. Covers just as well as my toxic Cover Blend make-up when applied with the BE concealer brush.

Flat Top Brush - love it. Very soft. Blends everything really well. I like this better than any of my BE brushes. This would be a good choice for anyone wanting a new brush.

Baby Bath and Spin Cycle - love these eye shadows. They're very light, but work well for me. Baby Bath is a shimmery light brown with a hint of gold and Spin Cycle is a light shimmery pinkish color.

Soft Touch Bronzer - I don't know about this one yet. It's extremely light - can't tell if it does anything.

Cherry Fizz - a pretty pink. I don't think this one has any orange in it. :) Haven't really worn it yet though.

Oh and the free stuff - a couple holiday-ish eye shadows and a free brush. Very awesome :)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Did I mention that I need a bigger make-up bag? :o

Rosebud710 Apprentice

OK, my products came in Monday and here's what I think:

I got Fawn, Matte - it's perfect for my pale skin.

Multi-tasking Concealor - not sure about this one. It said it was supposed to mask the yellow tone in my skin, but I'm not sure if it's doing that. I got Pick Me Up Pink in my sampler, I might add that and see if it makes me 'pinker'.

Sun Light Color Collector concealor - they said it will lessen the dark circles under my eyes, but I think they are a lost cause.

Apple blush - I love this blush! It's a nice shade of pink - not too dark, not too light.

Oasis and Countryside eye color - very subtle shades of brown.

I'm glad I got brushes to use, they are much easier than the ones I was using with my sampler.

I need to take a break on spending money, but after Christmas I plan on adding to my collection!

dlp252 Apprentice

That's it, I'm getting APPLE, stop already! :lol: :lol:

Well, I couldn't wait until I cleaned my brushes or got new ones...I'm singing at a local park tonight and so thought it was a really good way to test out my new stuff, lol. If the color isn't quite right it won't matter because it's dark out there and the lighting is horrid anyway. :P

First off, I really like the Weekend Getaway blush. It looks good so far on my skin, not too dark and not too orange (so far, lol).

I got the green concealer (is that mint?)...not sure about that one...looked really green and I could swear I saw it even after putting on the foundation, but after everything was on I couldn't see it anymore.

I tried the Fair Intensive and thought it was a litte too light at first, but once everything was on it looked good. It was the color closest to the shade I've been using in the True Minerals.

So now the true test will be what it looks like when I get home later tonight, lol. I'll see if the blush and/or foundation turns too orange.

Sheesh, I already have about $55 in my shopping cart, lol. That was BEFORE I got this stuff, lol.

Joni63 Collaborator

Apple does sound nice. I keep going back to the website and checking colors. I'm definately hooked!

I really like the Sunlight Concealer. It really helps my dark circles a lot. And the Premium Foundation brush is what I put it on with. The brush seems to put the concealer in all the right spots.

Does anyone know about the finishing powders. What do they do? Are they primarily for oilier skin types?

mftnchn Explorer

Mango, the plum dust lip gloss turned a bit orange on me too. The neutral lip gloss over my blush color does great though. I haven't tried the plum gloss over another color of powder.

Rosebud710 Apprentice
Sheesh, I already have about $55 in my shopping cart, lol. That was BEFORE I got this stuff, lol.

Donna, I did the same thing!! I had an order all ready to go in my cart BEFORE I even got my samples!! :rolleyes::lol: Good luck singing tonight!! If people start calling you Kermit, you know you need to blend that concealor a little better ;) ! But I think that stuff really absorbs into your skin and really helps bring out the good colors from the foundation. Once I used to put on this purple concealor that was supposed to enhance the color of my foundation and it really did! I didn't look all purply.

Joni, did you apply the Sunlight Concealor dry? I think I bought that brush, I'm not sure which brush I bought - I'll have to check my order again.

Joni63 Collaborator

Hi Laura - I usually apply it mixed with moisturizer, but tonight I was in a hurry and used it dry. It worked ok, but definately better when mixed.

The brush is supposed to be a foundation brush but I think it's a little too small and the foundation seems to get concentrated in one spot. For concealers it does a nice job.

I want to order either the Kabuki or the Eve brush for foundation. I think the bigger brushes will spead the makeup out better.

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, I was very pleased with how well the foundation and blush stayed on last night. I still think the foundation color might be just a hair too pale, but it wasn't bad...and probably matched my neck more anyway, lol. I was outside, and it was cold (for California, lol), so I didn't have heat or sweat working against me, but the Weekend Getaway blush didn't change colors or get too orange, and I thought it actually looked pretty natural.

I'm off work today, so I'm going to play with the other foundation samples. :P

Does anyone know about the finishing powders. What do they do? Are they primarily for oilier skin types?

I think it's probably kind of like Bare Mineral's Mineral Veil, which is supposed to give a more "finished" look...kind of softens the entire face thing. I've never used the Bare Minerals version much...it always seemed a little to light.

Good luck singing tonight!! If people start calling you Kermit, you know you need to blend that concealor a little better

:lol: !!! Okay, so yeah, no kermit remarks, so I guess it was okay. :lol:

Rosebud710 Apprentice
I want to order either the Kabuki or the Eve brush for foundation. I think the bigger brushes will spead the makeup out better.

I ordered the Eve Dual Fiber (same brush?) and it seemed very floppy for foundation, which is how I first used it. But then I went to the website and saw it also worked on blush. So yesterday I used it for blush and I like how it goes on. I also bought the Premium Foundation brush and it seems stiff and small. I agree with you about the bigger brush size. With the samples, I was using a Cover Girl brush that I already had and the bristles are big. I just might go out and buy a new one of those.

Donna, glad to hear everything went well with your make-up!

dlp252 Apprentice

Please forgive me, but I just MAY BE IN LOVE, lol. I just placed that order that was waiting in my shopping cart (it's already packed :lol: ). :P I got some new brushes (mine are BE and are fairly old), some lip glosses, a couple of eye colors and another sample kit, lol.

So, I'm home from work today, and just went up and put on another of my sample foundations. Today I tried the Olive Fair (Intensive). This may be a much better color for me. The other one LOOKED darker in the jar and closer to what I have been using, but the Olive Fair looks a little less pale on me for some reason even though in the jar it looks lighter. I also lightly dusted the Weekend Getaway on and added a little of my own light pink lip gloss and sheesh, I look pretty darned good for a slouch day, lol. I don't normally wear makeup to work anymore because I have to get up and leave the house too darned early, but this took NO time at all and the difference it made is astonishing, lol.

Again, sorry, but I had to gush a bit.

Off to clean my brushes now to tide me over until the new ones come. :P

Joni63 Collaborator
Well, I was very pleased with how well the foundation and blush stayed on last night. I still think the foundation color might be just a hair too pale, but it wasn't bad...and probably matched my neck more anyway, lol. I was outside, and it was cold (for California, lol), so I didn't have heat or sweat working against me, but the Weekend Getaway blush didn't change colors or get too orange, and I thought it actually looked pretty natural.

I'm off work today, so I'm going to play with the other foundation samples.

I think it's probably kind of like Bare Mineral's Mineral Veil, which is supposed to give a more "finished" look...kind of softens the entire face thing. I've never used the Bare Minerals version much...it always seemed a little to light.

Glad to hear your makeup worked out for you! I decided to order some finishing dust. I figured I liked everything else so far...

I ordered the Eve Dual Fiber (same brush?) and it seemed very floppy for foundation, which is how I first used it. But then I went to the website and saw it also worked on blush. So yesterday I used it for blush and I like how it goes on. I also bought the Premium Foundation brush and it seems stiff and small. I agree with you about the bigger brush size. With the samples, I was using a Cover Girl brush that I already had and the bristles are big. I just might go out and buy a new one of those.

I think they are the same brush - the description fits. The right brush really makes a big difference.

Please forgive me, but I just MAY BE IN LOVE, lol. I just placed that order that was waiting in my shopping cart (it's already packed :lol: ). :P I got some new brushes (mine are BE and are fairly old), some lip glosses, a couple of eye colors and another sample kit, lol.

So, I'm home from work today, and just went up and put on another of my sample foundations. Today I tried the Olive Fair (Intensive). This may be a much better color for me. The other one LOOKED darker in the jar and closer to what I have been using, but the Olive Fair looks a little less pale on me for some reason even though in the jar it looks lighter. I also lightly dusted the Weekend Getaway on and added a little of my own light pink lip gloss and sheesh, I look pretty darned good for a slouch day, lol. I don't normally wear makeup to work anymore because I have to get up and leave the house too darned early, but this took NO time at all and the difference it made is astonishing, lol.

Again, sorry, but I had to gush a bit.

Off to clean my brushes now to tide me over until the new ones come. :P

LOL! I am so with you on this! Doesn't it really look so nice and natural? You'll be stopping in the bathroom all day to check out your new look, lol!

I've been planning an order for days and I finally just ordered it! Yay! Here is what I ordered:

The sample kit (of course)!

3 makeup brushes - long handled kabuki, premium lip brush, and the 3rd is the premium eve dual fiber for FREE (part of the freebie since I spent so much money)

2 lip colors - natural and spring pink

Personal Custom Kit Mini I got 3 blushes and 3 eye colors

I'll let you all know about the colors and shades when it comes in and I try them. But it will have to wait until after Christmas now since that was my great excuse to spend so much money on myself.

Merry Christmas to me!

Mango04 Enthusiast
Mango, the plum dust lip gloss turned a bit orange on me too. The neutral lip gloss over my blush color does great though. I haven't tried the plum gloss over another color of powder.

In my next order I think I'll get the neutral. Does it change the color of your blush at all?

I discovered a great blush color this morning - Photo Album with a bit of Spin Cycle brushed over it. So pretty :D Spin Cycle is kind of like the Bare Mineral's Clear Radiance, for anyone who might happen to be looking for that type of color.

Yeah it's the same concept as Mineral Veil, but with a bit of a tint. It works on my very light skin - makes everything look blended and smooth.

I'm wearing Mistletoe and Tinsel Time today (the free eyeshadows) and I really like them :)

Gosh I would look awesome today if I didn't have big breakouts all over my chin and forehead :lol::lol:

I'm sooo tempted to order some pressed powder. I hear it gives great coverage. Hopefully we'll be able to add them to kits soon :D

Green12 Enthusiast

I'm so far behind you all, I haven't even broken open my samples :ph34r:

I'm so happy to hear you are all enjoying your samples/purchases, I have been taking notes on all the colors that get the thumbs up :lol:

Mango04 Enthusiast
I'm so far behind you all, I haven't even broken open my samples :ph34r:

:o:huh::lol:

How do you do it? You have new, fabulous make-up just sitting there, and you are not tempted to break it open? That's acutally very impressive :lol:

Archived