This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

babinsky Apprentice
Good evening everyone :)

Donna! Surgery? Are you ok? Get well soon so you can wear your fabulous EM make-up

Doing better...don't seem to heal as quickly as I used to.....thank you for asking :)

Ah yes, that's what happens to threads up here in the serious straight forward northern regions if they get off topic, gabby and out of control :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mango04 Enthusiast
Demoted!!!!! You make the gab forum sound like a place for degenerates and delinquents . . . oh . . . never mind.

Why, that was never my intention! I think the gab forum is a place for intellectuals

(who happen to count their farts).

:mellow:

:lol:

So do I Everytime I want to make a reference to Bare Minerals and I start to type it out I think, hmmm, better go with "BE"

:lol: I knew I wasn't the only one. :lol:

Ah yes, that's what happens to threads up here in the serious straight forward northern regions if they get off topic, gabby and out of control

Banished down south to the gab category .....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a good thing Jodi mentioned gluten. It might just buy us a little more time up here (as we snootily look down upon the already banished. ha ha ha ).

mftnchn Explorer

Thanks Julie, I'm going to try the Original Glo next time. Sounds like what I might need though the semi-matte has been good over the extra moisturizer this week. Of course Oregon is much much more humid than where I have been so I should think about that when I buy.

Another question about lip color--again you all may have answered this in past posts, I hope you won't mind answering again?

The EM lip colors seem pretty limited. I'd like to know what Cherry Fizz is like. It seems like I need something that is much more mauve than red or pink--anything with even a hint of orange looks horrible and many colors turn orange on my lips. Currently I am using the neutral lip gloss over blush colors. It works okay but it too much work to repeat during the day. Do you think Cherry Fizz is worth trying for me? Or should I just keep looking for blush colors I can use under the neutral?

I'm working up to an order---it's been early October since I ordered--so I am way behind you all but since I was in China it was a major thing to get these orders and I figured I could use what I had until I got here.

I am hoping for a Valentine's Day special deal????? ;)

Sherry

mftnchn Explorer

Those butterfly eyes are beautiful, but seem like waaay too much work for my lifestyle! Also I like a quite natural look. Any ideas for that?

Joni63 Collaborator
OK so I finally got all of my makeup then had to have surgery....they are all sitting in their cute little containers unused. At least I have something to look forward to when I do feel like wearing makeup again...if you saw me all would agree I could use some <_< Nice to be back among the living....hope everyone is well

Glad all is ok Donna (babinsky), hope you recover quickly!

That's a great website though, and those butterfly eyes are awesome. I want to try that too. You should take a pic of your eyes if you do it tomorrow :D

If it turns out good, I just might!

\Joni, GREAT links and info, LOVE it!! I am going to look everything over.

Ah yes, that's what happens to threads up here in the serious straight forward northern regions if they get off topic, gabby and out of control

:D:lol::D Julie, I love the way you word things, lol! Gab category, lol!

Why, that was never my intention! I think the gab forum is a place for intellectuals

The EM lip colors seem pretty limited. I'd like to know what Cherry Fizz is like. It seems like I need something that is much more mauve than red or pink--anything with even a hint of orange looks horrible and many colors turn orange on my lips. Currently I am using the neutral lip gloss over blush colors. It works okay but it too much work to repeat during the day. Do you think Cherry Fizz is worth trying for me? Or should I just keep looking for blush colors I can use under the neutral?

Hey Sherry, I have Cherry Fizz and it's a sparkly pink. Kind of on the darker side, not a pale pink. Not orange at all.

I think I found some definatel EM competition...not that I'm trying to but in my time of waiting I've been lurking around other sites, as you know and this one seems great! They even have an all natural base for nail polish that you can mix with minerals to make any color you want. Now you know that is soooooooooo me!

Open Original Shared Link

Oh, and their sample sizes cost $1.00 each. The baggie idea could be rough, but they do sell the containers with sifters.

I'm still looking into the ingrediets and gluten free status of the products. I just thought the nail polish is so cool! They even have do it yourself mixing kits!

Jodi Mills Apprentice
It's a good thing Jodi mentioned gluten. It might just buy us a little more time up here (as we snootily look down upon the already banished. ha ha ha ).

I dont want to be banned from here..lol I finally found a place on this forum where i feel comfortable..(guess i love all the gab) :D Anyhow My aunt knows about EM, I dont know that she wears makeup alot, but im going to try and convince to at least get the sample sent to her. I am still using the free sample i got, it lasts forever...(thank goodness, since i havent recieved my order yet) I am also going to send a sample to my sister, She loves makeup! anyhow gotta get back to work.

Green12 Enthusiast

Yeah good thing! And good point, maybe we should mention gluten in more of our posts :huh:

Have I mentioned lately how much I love the gluten-free mineral make-up Everyday Minerals??

I am hoping for a Valentine's Day special deal?????

Now there's an idea, and a very good possibility.

Are you listening, room full of women at EM????

Sherry, I haven't tried any of the lip colors yet, but the others will probably be able to help you out with this.

They even have an all natural base for nail polish that you can mix with minerals to make any color you want. Now you know that is soooooooooo me!

I'm still looking into the ingrediets and gluten free status of the products. I just thought the nail polish is so cool! They even have do it yourself mixing kits!

If I had to stray, :lol: I would look into that nail polish base. I get a natural brand at the health food store that doesn't have all those chemicals that regular nail polish have, but they are so limited on the colors they carry.

We do need to verify gluten free status of that STAT! And is it chemical free/environmental friendly?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, I can't order today even if they put up a new special. I FORGOT MY PURSE AT HOME!!!! I got all the way to work and got out of the car picked up my purse and realized, it wasn't my purse. I picked up my choir bag with all my music in it. :lol: No drivers license, no desk keys, no CREDIT CARDS, but one heck of a lot of sheet music, lol.

Had to get the master keys from our facilites person to get into my desk to get my glasses so I could see what I'm doing. :P

At least I have something to look forward to when I do feel like wearing makeup again...if you saw me all would agree I could use some <_< Nice to be back among the living....hope everyone is well

Glad you are back and doing well. Hope you feel better soon.

Demoted!!!!! You make the gab forum sound like a place for degenerates and delinquents . . . oh . . . never mind.

Yeah, I couldn't even join in on THAT discussion, lol. Heck after I take my evening supplements, it's just about one continuous fart session. There, I said it... :lol:

I am hoping for a Valentine's Day special deal????? ;)

Ooooh, that would be fun! Out of the 3 lip glosses I've tried, I do like Cherry Fizz the best, but none of them really show up on me except the Spring Pink, and that doesn't show in a good way on me. I haven't figured out why yet because it's a pretty pink, but it just doesn't look good on me.

Mango04 Enthusiast
I think I found some definatel EM competition...not that I'm trying to but in my time of waiting I've been lurking around other sites, as you know and this one seems great! They even have an all natural base for nail polish that you can mix with minerals to make any color you want. Now you know that is soooooooooo me!

You would have so much fun making your own nail polish shades! :D

Did you guys have any idea how many mineral make-up companies there are??? It seems like there are hundreds of them all of a sudden! Maybe I should start one! LOL

So today I am wearing my gluten-free multi-tasking intensive foundation wet again. I love this!!!!!!!! It covers so well when the brush is wet and it's so smooth and pretty. I almost didn't need gluten-free concealer over it (but I added a little anyway).

I have the same problem with lips turning orange. So far I've discovered that To Do List and Cherry Fizz eye shadow powders work great on my lips. I haven't tried Cherry Fizz lip gloss yet, but I just ordered a couple lip glosses from Lumiere Minerals.

I got Pink Satin Sheets, Tease and Pink Quartz, since those are all supposed to be for cool undertones. Some of the Lumi Lips contain oats though, so I'm assuming most of us here would want to avoid them. and honestly, they look way less natural and healthy than the EM glosses, but I couldn't help but throw a few of them in w/ my concealer order. :ph34r:

confused Community Regular

all but 2 of the products are gluten free.

paula

Mango04 Enthusiast

paula

Good investigative work, Paula! :D Thanks!

confused Community Regular

Good investigative work, Paula! :D Thanks!

[/quote

your welcome, i always check that out first lol.

I know i want the white sparkly stuff and the nail polish stuff, im still looking around lol. That wont be against the em cult will it, since em dont carry those 2 things lol

paula

dlp252 Apprentice
Have I mentioned lately how much I love the gluten-free mineral make-up Everyday Minerals??

If I had to stray, :lol: I would look into that nail polish base. I get a natural brand at the health food store that doesn't have all those chemicals that regular nail polish have, but they are so limited on the colors they carry.

I LOVE the gluten-freeness of the EM makeup. :lol:

OH, I'm all about nail polish in the warmer months!!!! I must look into this, lol. i think I must have at least 30 (or more) shades of nail polish...just for my toes...and accompany decals and stickers. :ph34r:

Jestgar Rising Star

I started doing the silk dust first, then the foundation. It works fabulously!!

Today I mixed in a wee bit of mint (because my face is red) and dusted that on. Got a nice diminishing of red without the kermit effect.

I also finish with a pink finishing powder. I think it looks a little more natural on me than the foundation colors I have.

Green12 Enthusiast
Well, I can't order today even if they put up a new special. I FORGOT MY PURSE AT HOME!!!!

no CREDIT CARDS

:o

Don't you know your credit card number by heart like I do....or maybe that's a little shopper obsessive?

Yeah, I couldn't even join in on THAT discussion, lol. Heck after I take my evening supplements, it's just about one continuous fart session. There, I said it... :lol:

Donna said (fart) :lol:

Did you guys have any idea how many mineral make-up companies there are??? It seems like there are hundreds of them all of a sudden! Maybe I should start one! LOL

I just noticed that recently in fact, I see ads to different companies everywhere I click now it seems......of course many of them may not be gluten-free

Oh, and good job on working gluten free-ness into the conversation :lol:

paula

Thanks Paula :D

That wont be against the em cult will it, since em dont carry those 2 things lol

Let me consult the cult manual.............No, I don't think that would qualify as a traitorous act, and it is gluten-free so you are good.

I started doing the silk dust first, then the foundation. It works fabulously!!

Today I mixed in a wee bit of mint (because my face is red) and dusted that on. Got a nice diminishing of red without the kermit effect.

I also finish with a pink finishing powder. I think it looks a little more natural on me than the foundation colors I have.

I think the wee bit makes a difference and is key with this make up.

Less is more people, LESS IS MORE!!!!!

.......And it's gluten-free :D

mftnchn Explorer

When you say mixed in, do you mean that you add the mint concealer to your foundation powder and mix in before putting it on? I've been doing it separately.

Thanks for the info on the cherry fizz.

I don't do my nails--seemed to really make the quality of my nails worse, and on me it chips right away. Plus the chemicals bother me a lot. So I am content so far with EM (along with my Clinique skin care items and mascara). Everything gluten free, soy free as much as I can, and bismuth free.

I don't have very much of my newly identified best foundation match...so I sure hope the new special comes soon. I am considering just ordering a sample kit if it doesn't start soon.

Sherry

dlp252 Apprentice
Don't you know your credit card number by heart like I do....or maybe that's a little shopper obsessive?

Oddly, I don't, lol. I am so, well, a*al, about everything, and I don't know any of my credit card numbers. :P You'd think with MY obsessive traits I would. :P

Donna said (fart) :lol:

Poot, toot, off-gas, by any other name it's still... :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, so the very first order I placed back on December 4, never shipped. That was because I sent a check...I didn't know they didn't accept checks anymore, but it was an option, so I chose it. Well, AFTER I sent the check in, I saw on another place on the website that they don't accept checks anymore. I figured they'd destroy the check or return it or something.

It just cleared my bank. I mean it just cleared, lol. I wonder if that means they'll ship that order soon. :lol: I think I've already ordered more of what was in that first order anyway. :P

Green12 Enthusiast
I mean it just cleared, lol.

Something's fishy....

If they don't accept checks, then why did they cash it?

AND usually when you pay with a check it usually is only a 7-10 day clearing process.

I am confused...

I would call them Donna asap.

Mango04 Enthusiast

Okay, so the very first order I placed back on December 4, never shipped. That was because I sent a check...I didn't know they didn't accept checks anymore, but it was an option, so I chose it. Well, AFTER I sent the check in, I saw on another place on the website that they don't accept checks anymore. I figured they'd destroy the check or return it or something.

It just cleared my bank. I mean it just cleared, lol. I wonder if that means they'll ship that order soon. :lol: I think I've already ordered more of what was in that first order anyway. :P

That is strange :unsure:

I cancelled an order once after it was already packed, and they didn't have a problem with it. They ended up charging my credit card and everything, but it wasn't a problem to get reimbursed.

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, it's only for $3.97...so even if they cash it and never ship my stuff, I still feel like I got plenty of free stuff from them... B)

Mango04 Enthusiast
Well, it's only for $3.97...so even if they cash it and never ship my stuff, I still feel like I got plenty of free stuff from them... B)

Those were the days....70 pages ago...when we were all capable of ordering only $3.97 worth of make-up from EM..... LOL

Jodi Mills Apprentice

Those were the days....70 pages ago...when we were all capable of ordering only $3.97 worth of make-up from EM..... LOL

I am a newbie, and still not capable of a little order...its going to be hard when i do my sisters samples, cuz i am going to want to get stuff for myself too....

cruelshoes Enthusiast

OK ladies. Tell me about the Silk Dust. I have it in my cart. I have heard that it does fabulous things and that some people even use it as a night treatment. What is it intended to be used for and how are you using it?

I am loving how good my skin looks since I have been using the lavendar everyday everywear as a night treatment on the dry spots.

Jestgar Rising Star
OK ladies. Tell me about the Silk Dust.

Love it. dust it on lightly mixed with mint (mixed together in the lid) or just by itself. It seems to make the next layer of foundation soooooo much nicer

Archived