This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

Jestgar Rising Star
So you all would not believe (okay maybe you would by now) how many colors I had to use to achieve my no make-up casual Friday look today :rolleyes::lol:

:lol::lol:

I have:

silk dust

mint concealer

sunlight concealer (over a cream concealer under my eyes)

foundation (fair and medium kinda mixed together)

corner office blush

new car smell on eyes

to look like I'm not wearing anything!! :lol::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dlp252 Apprentice
to look like I'm not wearing anything!! :lol::lol:

:lol:

Okay, maybe I'm "closer" to the no makeup Friday look:

Natural Reflections Fair finishing powder as a "primer"

Sunlight concealor

Fair Medium foundation

Good China and Oasis eye colors (LOVE Oasis by the way)

Medium brown brow color

Photo Album blush

Mascara

Lip gloss

Okay, maybe NOT, lol.

Mango04 Enthusiast

Carina just mentioned in a comment in the news section that the new website should be released this month :):):)

HeartofGlass224 Rookie

You guys are awesome, thank you so much for your input! Hopefully the flat top brush will work better. I have not been exfoliating, so I will try that. And tomorrow I will attempt to apply my foundation wet! Now I want to go try to find a stiffer brush to hold me over until my order arrives....darn ice, I can't go anywhere! :P I'm going to place my order now...I didn't want to until I got some opinions! LOL B)

I guess I'll have to order New Car Smell next, since everyone loves it. It seems like all their colors look good on pretty much everyone!

cmom Contributor

I forgot...I also got the angled brow brush. Anyone have any tips for using it? Thanks!

dlp252 Apprentice
I forgot...I also got the angled brow brush. Anyone have any tips for using it? Thanks!

Well, up to now I've been using it for purposes other than as a brow brush. I tried putting eye liner on with it. I have mixed feelings about how well THAT worked, lol. I've used similar brushes to do that before, also with mixed feelings, lol.

I've used it to sort of "smudge" my eyeliner lines a little bit more...works pretty well for that.

I tried using it to apply eye shadow, but didn't particularly care for that use. But today...today I used it as a brow brush and it worked quite well. I used a little bit (emphasizing LITTLE bit, lol) of medium brown brow color and just sort of lightly brushed it on with the angled brush. Looked very nice and the brush worked well.

Mango04 Enthusiast
Well, up to now I've been using it for purposes other than as a brow brush. I tried putting eye liner on with it. I have mixed feelings about how well THAT worked, lol. I've used similar brushes to do that before, also with mixed feelings, lol.

I've used it to sort of "smudge" my eyeliner lines a little bit more...works pretty well for that.

I tried using it to apply eye shadow, but didn't particularly care for that use. But today...today I used it as a brow brush and it worked quite well. I used a little bit (emphasizing LITTLE bit, lol) of medium brown brow color and just sort of lightly brushed it on with the angled brush. Looked very nice and the brush worked well.

So the brow brush works as a........... brow brush ????? LOL

Good info. though. :D I think I'm going to try it as an eyeliner smudger soon.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

I've used it for all three purposes. I like it for an eyeliner, and I use it for dark eyeshadow in th crease of my eyelid. You have to start at the corner of your eye and pull towards your nose so you get the darkest bit in the corner. Then I kind of smudge it up and maybe dust finishing powder over my eyes if it's a little too dark.

HeartofGlass224 Rookie

I've never done anything with my brows. I keep them very thin, but I wonder what they'd look like with a little help? ;) I may have to try that now, too!

OK, so I switched "Best Friends" for "All Smiles" in my kit after seeing that pretty blush on the homepage. I added another sample kit too, with Fair, Fair Medium and Multi-Tasking Neutral in original glow, Jump Rope blush, and Pick Me Up Pink concealer. YAY!!! I can't wait to get this next package!!!

Are they talking about adding mascara? I'm a little wary about wearing my Maybelline and my liquid liner.

You guys seem to have so much fun mixing these gorgeous colors, I can't wait to have more! I just wish they had some really *bright* stuff, I sometimes do my eyes in wild colors.....though maybe I'm just not seeing that they have the same colors, it's so hard when you're not seeing it in person!

Jodi Mills Apprentice
I've never done anything with my brows. I keep them very thin, but I wonder what they'd look like with a little help? ;) I may have to try that now, too!

You guys seem to have so much fun mixing these gorgeous colors, I can't wait to have more! I just wish they had some really *bright* stuff, I sometimes do my eyes in wild colors.....though maybe I'm just not seeing that they have the same colors, it's so hard when you're not seeing it in person!

I feel the same way, I am not much of a natural look girl, I like the bright blues and pinks, purples and greens...but i did get a blue, and a pink, and they look pretty hott together.

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, I have to admit that most of the colors I've tried from EM are pretty mild. I LOVE sparkly shiney things, and I LOVE some of the foil looks in eyeshadows, but I don't wear them, lol. A couple of weekends ago I DID buy some purple glitter eyeliner and I WILL wear that the next time I go somewhere other than work. :P

Mango04 Enthusiast

EM eyeshadows are actually pretty light and subtle. That's what I like about them though. Most eyeshadows make me look like some sort of scary death monster, but the EM shades actually work on me :D

Jodi Mills Apprentice
EM eyeshadows are actually pretty light and subtle. That's what I like about them though. Most eyeshadows make me look like some sort of scary death monster, but the EM shades actually work on me :D

I like to go bright because it makes the blue in my eyes POP. but the subtle look isnt bad either...just makes the blue in my eyes look darker.

dlp252 Apprentice

Installment 2 of my experiment:

So today I put the finishing powder on all over my face, including both eyes. After almost 10 hours, everything still looks good...no creasing in my eye area, blush is still noticable :lol: and even my lip gloss still seems to look good (never reapplied it today). So I'm pleased with this little experiment, lol.

jerseyangel Proficient
Installment 2 of my experiment:

So today I put the finishing powder on all over my face, including both eyes. After almost 10 hours, everything still looks good...no creasing in my eye area, blush is still noticable :lol: and even my lip gloss still seems to look good (never reapplied it today). So I'm pleased with this little experiment, lol.

Wow--sounds like it really made a difference. I'll bet it'll be great in the summer :)

Green12 Enthusiast

Just catching up on posts for last night and today.....

I went ahead and ordered. I want it here before I go out of town next week.

Yay! Let us know what you got and how you like it when it arrives :)

Well I ordered but not enough to get the extra gift items.

Fun order Sherry. I don't have any of these things yet, a few are in my cart, so I can't share any thoughts on them.

My EM came yesterday! I got Fairly LIght foundation, All Smiles blush, and Cool Pink finishing powder. Will let you know how I like it! ;)

YAY! Do let us know how everything turns out.

Lips:

Cherry Fizz

Spring Pink

Eyes:

Starry Eyed

In The Garden

Cherry Fizz

Smokey Eyeliner

Face:

Nick Nack

Best Friends- This is OK, not the best shade for me though

Text Message

Accessories:

oval concealer brush

new flat top brush

Foundation:

multi-tasking neutral and fair in original glow- LOVE THIS

Concealer:

Sunlight Color Corrector- LOVE THIS

Finishing Powder:

Finishing Dust

What do you guys think of those products, if you have them?

Thanks!!!

Whoever suggested using the new car smell as an eyeshadow - fabulous!! Works perfect for casual friday. I also brushed a bit into my eyebrows to complete the 'autumn' color scheme.

Glad you like it!

So you all would not believe (okay maybe you would by now) how many colors I had to use to achieve my no make-up casual Friday look today :rolleyes::lol:

Hey it's only three blushes and two eye shadows :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Okay, maybe I'm "closer" to the no makeup Friday look:

Lip gloss

Okay, maybe NOT, lol.

I think the "Lip Gloss" qualifies you for this look :lol:

Oh, and I took notes on your brow color experience and your Natural Reflections experiment.

Carina just mentioned in a comment in the news section that the new website should be released this month :):):)

:D:D:D

Are they talking about adding mascara? I'm a little wary about wearing my Maybelline and my liquid liner.

Yes, there is talk of adding a mascara to the line

Mango04 Enthusiast

Do I see the insipid Mr. Gaylord over there, is he tempted to make an appearance?????

confused Community Regular

Ok i am so mad, i finally decided i was going to order, well then i called to see how much my gas bill and it was 800 bucks, so now i cant order and i wanted more makeup. So i guess i have to live threw all of u and the new makeup til i get my crop check in, ughhhhhh. Or maybe ill pull out the lovely credit card, but i hate to, hate to, hate to lol

paula

Green12 Enthusiast

Oh, for the ladies who like the bright dark colors for the eyes the colors that are highly pigmented might work.

Mystic Night and Morocco are two that come to mind

elye Community Regular
omg!

I just saw Gaylord over in MakeUpTown, hiding among the crowds. Is he afraid to show his face?

All, right, all right. Calm yourselves, my children. I am here to share in the beautious experience that is cosmetics. Shall we pray together?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::o:lol::lol:

confusedks Enthusiast

Has anyone used their skin care stuff? Like the soap bars for washing your face? I want to try it because it's gluten-free (right?) but my esthetician said not to use bars because they harbor bacteria. Anyone have ideas?

Mango04 Enthusiast
All, right, all right. Calm yourselves, my children. I am here to share in the beautious experience that is cosmetics. Shall we pray together?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::o:lol::lol:

What kind of sage advice do you have for us, Gaylord?

Mango04 Enthusiast
Has anyone used their skin care stuff? Like the soap bars for washing your face? I want to try it because it's gluten-free (right?) but my esthetician said not to use bars because they harbor bacteria. Anyone have ideas?

No, but I'm tempted. I use Kiss My Face olive oil bar soap for my face and it's the best thing. I'm mainly avoiding the EM bar soaps b/c they contain soy, but otherwise I would definitely order them.

Jestgar Rising Star
What kind of sage advice do you have for us, Gaylord?

Gosh! He looks so wise and knowing. I would believe anything he said!! :rolleyes:

confused Community Regular
No, but I'm tempted. I use Kiss My Face olive oil bar soap for my face and it's the best thing. I'm mainly avoiding the EM bar soaps b/c they contain soy, but otherwise I would definitely order them.

I didnt know they have soy, i guess ill take those off my order, ughhh lol

paula

Archived