This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

dlp252 Apprentice
Ok were is sunset voyage, i cant find it on the em site and i think i have to have it lol

It's in the Shimmer section of eye colors...almost smack dab in the middle.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WW340 Rookie
Does anybody here happen to own a MacBook? I somehow managed to spill Jump Rope all over mine yesterday, and now the white keyboard is a pretty shade of mauve. I'm wondering how the heck to get it off. A damp cloth doesn't do much and I'm afraid to use cleaning chemicals on it.

I am so glad to hear someone else gets this stuff on their computer, lol. I will have to take mine apart soon and blow out all the EM dust.

Thursday I got together with one of my friends (who I converted) for a makeup-fest. :D I love the combination of Wild Flower/Shopping Spree/Mystic Night. Also, my new order came in Friday, and there was a dance yesterday, so I wore Baby Bath/Oasis and Plumb Dust blush. :wub:

Sounds like fun. I am glad to hear someone likes the Plumb Dust blush - I have it and the lip gloss in my next order.

NO! Ugh! I don't like DHL at all! :angry: I sure hope I get it tomorrow. I have places to go...things to do! And I need my new make-up! LOL! :lol:

Good luck on getting your order today.

Check out this girl's eye make-up.

Open Original Shared Link

Gosh I wish I could do that.

(Is that the same girl from the butterfly eye site?)

I wish I could too, I obviously have no talent for it. It seems that my eyes don't have room for all that either, between the wrinkles and the folds, lol.

Oh, and I forgot to say that I am trying Bisque again, and today for some reason I can see it through my foundation. I couldn't yesterday. Wearing the same foundation, and as far as I know I did everything the same as I did yesterday...can't quite figure it out, but I don't like the pinkness showing through. <_<

I only tried a little of that yesterday, but I didn't like it. It brings out the red in my eyes.

What I did like was the Emerald which I used as an eyeliner. I would like it just a touch darker, but it was pretty nice.

Cypress looks like I put dirt on my eyes - not a good color for me.

Good China is very nice.

I like Chamomile very much for highlighting.

Girls Day blush stayed nice all day and did not turn orange.

Girls Day lip gloss definitely looks red on me. I have to soften it with a little pink over it.

I like the Sunlight finishing dust. I don't know which I would like better, sunlight or silk dust. I have the tinted Silk Dust which is very nice, but I am thinking I would like it better without the tint.

I love the blush brush. It makes the blush application much easier. It is nice a soft.

The baby kabuki is very short and the brush head is about 2 1/2 x fuller than the foundation brush head and about 3/4 the size of the flattop brush head. I like it, but I don't have the regular kabuki to compare it to.

I have more to try today.

confused Community Regular
It's in the Shimmer section of eye colors...almost smack dab in the middle.

ok it is not on my page lol, what 2 colors is it in between.

paula

Paula - I am very interested in hearing how the olive oil holds up as the day goes on. Does it turn greasy after a while? How much did you use? Seems like more than a few drops would be overkill. I want a full report at the end of the day. ;)

Ok i sure will, well 2.5 hours later it is still looking good, a lady at the kids school even asked if i had an facial this morning. I barely used any and i mixed it with water, i did it while i took my detox bath and then i patted my face once i got out of the tub. at first i was like im going to smell like my scrambled eggs all day lol, but i cant smell it at all either lol. I used evoo not regular olive oil lol

paula

dlp252 Apprentice
ok it is not on my page lol, what 2 colors is it in between.

:lol: It's between Well Being and Silver Spoon, in the second row of colors in the Shimmer section...

Mango04 Enthusiast
Hum, I MIGHT have one of these around the house...never knew what to do with it...there ya go, lol!

The Mr. Clean sponge is also great for those of you with bathroom sinks that are starting to resemble your favorite foundation shades!

So I went to put lavender oil on my face this morning and I accidentally grabbed eucalyptus instead. I guess it could have been way worse, but today I kind of smell like a koala. :ph34r:

:lol: It's between Well Being and Silver Spoon, in the second row of colors in the Shimmer section...

Ok i dont have silver spoon either, what is up with this.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mango04 Enthusiast

Has anybody ordered anything from other companies recently?

Last night I ordered about 10 blush samples from Pure Luxe :ph34r: as well as some pure pearl and silica powders from The Conservatorie. I'm kind of excited to get the blushes. The blush I was eyeing at my local health food store ended up being $20 for 3 grams :o so I decided against it.

paula

ok i figured this out, i never look at the front page, i look once i hit the photo color guide and these colors are not on that page, ughhh and here i thought i had all the shimmer colors and now i dont, im upset lol

paula

cruelshoes Enthusiast

I had to change my avatar to try to keep up with Donna. ;)

The baby did the funniest thing yesterday. She came into the bathroom while I was performing my eye makeup mixology. She grabbed the blush brush and started to apply it to her face. Exactly the way I do it, I might add (Smile, apply to the apples of the cheek). Either she learns quick, or I spend too much time putting on makeup. :ph34r:

WW340 Rookie
So I went to put lavender oil on my face this morning and I accidentally grabed eucalyptus instead. I guess it could have been way worse, but today I kind of smell like a koala. :ph34r:

I bought essential lavender oil yesterday, but then I read it needs to be diluted. Any ideas on how to dilute it? I would like to mix it with olive oil if possible.

The baby did the funniest thing yesterday. She came into the bathroom while I was performing my eye makeup mixology. She grabbed the blush brush and started to apply it to her face. Exactly the way I do it, I might add (Smile, apply to the apples of the cheek). Either she learns quick, or I spend too much time putting on makeup. :ph34r:

How cute. It sounds like you better start saving money now for her future make up habit, lol.

BTW - I used pure olive oil yesterday as a moisturizer. I may have used too much, gonna experiment somemore. I did have just a slight sheen to my skin when I got ready to wash my face last night. It looked nice all day and did not feel oily.

Mango04 Enthusiast
I bought essential lavender oil yesterday, but then I read it needs to be diluted. Any ideas on how to dilute it? I would like to mix it with olive oil if possible.

I mix it with emu oil and aloe at night. In the morning sometimes I'll splash a drop of it on my face after I moisturize.

I had to change my avatar to try to keep up with Donna.

The baby did the funniest thing yesterday. She came into the bathroom while I was performing my eye makeup mixology. She grabbed the blush brush and started to apply it to her face. Exactly the way I do it, I might add (Smile, apply to the apples of the cheek). Either she learns quick, or I spend too much time putting on makeup.

:lol::lol: So cute!

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, may have to try the ole olive oil on my face tonight... :P

So I went to put lavender oil on my face this morning and I accidentally grabed eucalyptus instead. I guess it could have been way worse, but today I kind of smell like a koala. :ph34r:

:lol: Normally I would say "how would you know what a koala smells like", but you WOULD know what a koala smells like wouldn't you! :lol:

ok i figured this out, i never look at the front page, i look once i hit the photo color guide and these colors are not on that page, ughhh and here i thought i had all the shimmer colors and now i dont, im upset lol

:lol: Yes, many shades NOT available on the photo color guide! Now you have fuel for another mini eyeshadow kit. :P

Yikes! I cannot compete with HER!!!

Either she learns quick, or I spend too much time putting on makeup.

:lol: :lol: Either way, very cultish on both parties part. :P

Green12 Enthusiast

Colleen, you are a hot BABE! :lol:

That is just the most precious avatar.

Dilute it by adding it into any carrier substance, like the olive oil, your daily moisturizer, lotion, etc. Just start out with adding only a few drops.

What works best for me is just putting a few drops into my nighttime moisturizer. I put the amount of moisturizer I use in my palm, add the drops of lavender oil, then mix it in by rubbing my hands together, and then I apply it as usual. The bonus is it smells really nice, and lavender oil is calming, soothing, relaxing, perfect for before bed!

You can spot treat with lavender oil. I put a few drops onto a q-tip and then dab directly onto the offensive pimple. It dries it right up in a few days.

I have done this for years and my face has not fallen off, so I can assure you it is safe :lol:

I think the reason they say to dilute it is because it is drying, and if you use too much directly it will dry the area and could cause cracking and peeling.

confusedks Enthusiast

I got my make-up!!!!!! :lol: I waited long enough...sheesh! LOL! I now have to go play with all the new colors! I already put on the Cherry Lip Fizz (I think that's it?! :blink:) and I LOVE it! It looks great!

Will report back later!

Mango04 Enthusiast
:lol: Normally I would say "how would you know what a koala smells like", but you WOULD know what a koala smells like wouldn't you! :lol:

:lol:

Yes, I once went on a koala finding quest so we could have some koala pets in Rachelville, remember? LOL

I got my make-up!!!!!! :lol: I waited long enough...sheesh! LOL! I now have to go play with all the new colors! I already put on the Cherry Lip Fizz (I think that's it?! :blink:) and I LOVE it! It looks great!

Will report back later!

:D

Yay! It finally came. I love Cherry Fizz too. You'll have to post reviews as you try stuff.

Green12 Enthusiast

Will report back later!

YAY!!!! Can't wait to hear how you like everything.

Yes, I once went on a koala finding quest so we could have some koala pets in Rachelville, remember? LOL

I remember ;)

Those were fun times, I am sure much more fun for you since you were actually in Australia :lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

So my cosmemixtista concoctions for the day...mixed my Olive Light Foundation (of which I'm getting low) with the Ivory Foundation....looks pretty darned good if I do say so myself, lol.

And, mixed Bisque and Sunlight concealors...didn't notice the pink underneath my foundation today, so apparently this works well, lol

Wearing Best Friends blush...still loving that one.

New products:

Ping Pong...lovely shade of pink. Almost has a slight apricot cast to it...very sparkly. This is one I'll wear often I think.

Cool Breeze. I think this is a nice color...it just wasn't dark enough to show over the Ping Pong. I'll try it on it's own some other day.

And wearing my favorite Samba Lessons eyeliner.

Will report back later!

Yay!!!! Can't wait to hear about it all!

Those were fun times, I am sure much more fun for you since you were actually in Australia :lol:

I do indeed remember, lol. Definitely fun times.

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, I'm pretty excited here girls...I've mentioned before how excited I am about EM because for the first time in years I'm actually excited about putting makeup on and taking care of my appearance...well, apparently it's spilling over into the rest of my life, lol.

For the first time in about 12 years....I actually feel excited about fixing up my condo. I haven't felt that way in a long time...couldn't really because I felt so bad. I actually pulled out paint chips (old ones--will have to get new updated colors this weekend), and started planning what paint goes on what wall, and actually started thinking I could do the painting myself! I'll have to get low VOC paint of course, but if I only do one wall at a time (in a day if I have to), I think I can do it myself.

See what a little makeup and fun with colors can do, lol! :lol:

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Donna,

THAT'S SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!! *tosses party for you* How about a makeup slumber party for one of those insomniac nights? :lol: lol: But, seriously, woohooooo!!!!!! :wub::D:lol:

Aww... that's so cute! :D:ph34r:

I love Silver Spoon. I use it all over my eye, with Mystic Night... where my eyeliner would be, only wider. :lol:

I can't see your avatar, though. I need to clear out these cookies. <_<

Will report back later!

YAY!!!!! :D :D :D

Well... I didn't wear any makeup yesterday... so I think I hear the call of purple eyeshadow. :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
Well, I'm pretty excited here girls...I've mentioned before how excited I am about EM because for the first time in years I'm actually excited about putting makeup on and taking care of my appearance...well, apparently it's spilling over into the rest of my life, lol.

For the first time in about 12 years....I actually feel excited about fixing up my condo. I haven't felt that way in a long time...couldn't really because I felt so bad. I actually pulled out paint chips (old ones--will have to get new updated colors this weekend), and started planning what paint goes on what wall, and actually started thinking I could do the painting myself! I'll have to get low VOC paint of course, but if I only do one wall at a time (in a day if I have to), I think I can do it myself.

Wow Donna! :D I guess it goes to show that one positive can spill over to other parts of your life and spin things in a positive new direction.

How exciting--I'm so happy to hear this :)

We can compare painting notes :lol:

I am so happy for you donna. Painting is so much fun, i re paint all the time, i cant wait to repaint my bathroom and kitchen when it warms up, last yr we repainted the whole inside and it was so much fun. Painting to me is so relaxing, the only part i hate is we have 10 feet ceilings and it is hard for me to stand on a ladder and paint, tg hubby does most of that part lol. Of course then after u paint u will have to get new pictures and curtains and accessories and that is the fun part of re-decorating lol

paula

dlp252 Apprentice
How about a makeup slumber party for one of those insomniac nights?

Yeah...fortunately THAT seems to be changing too!!!! YAY!!! :lol:

We can compare painting notes :lol:

Indeed!!! I will need your sagely advice!!

Painting to me is so relaxing, the only part i hate is we have 10 feet ceilings and it is hard for me to stand on a ladder and paint, tg hubby does most of that part lol. Of course then after u paint u will have to get new pictures and curtains and accessories and that is the fun part of re-decorating lol

Yeah, I have a couple of high places I'm not quite sure how I'll get too, and no hubby to make do it, lol. I'll figure it out though.

cruelshoes Enthusiast

You'll know you have really crossed over to the dark side when you march into Home Depot with one of your containers of EM eyeshadow and ask the person working the paint desk to match the color. :lol: Congrats on the extreme home makeover plans. We have been inspired in the same way. We are finally doing the kitchen remodel that we have been talking about for 7 years. We are being a little adventurous with the colors, too.

Anyone placing any bets on whether or not there will be a new website/special in a few days? We're almost halfway through February, you know. I am going to get another eyeshadow sampler and sample kit at the very least. Then I will have 30 colors of eyeshadow which will be enough to last me the rest of my life. :lol:

Today:

Jump rope blush (by far my favorite)

Good China base

Snowflakes lid (looks dark in the jar, but not too dark when it's on. I LOVE this color!)

Silver Spoon liner

Mango04 Enthusiast

That is so great! :D

Well... I didn't wear any makeup yesterday... so I think I hear the call of purple eyeshadow. :lol:

:lol:

Anyone placing any bets on whether or not there will be a new website/special in a few days? We're almost halfway through February, you know. I am going to get another eyeshadow sampler and sample kit at the very least. Then I will have 30 colors of eyeshadow which will be enough to last me the rest of my life. :lol:

30 eyeshadows is the perfect number, imo :lol:

I'm hoping the new special (and hopefully website) will appear by the 20th. Sooner would be great though too! LOL I think I'm going to end up getting a full-size custom kit, mini custom kit and eyeshadow kit. My foundation is quickly diminishing (but how awesome that I've only ever had to order one $5 foundation, and it's lasted this long!)

Today:

Blush - Natural, Tea Time and Light Pink

Eyes - Pots and Pans all over, Bedtime Story on lids, Spin Cycle as highlighter

Lips - Spring Pink

Archived