This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

dlp252 Apprentice

Oh, and I thought I'd add that my toilet tank is the only counter space I have in my bathroom, lol. :lol: Really! <_< Stupid small bathroom! :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mango04 Enthusiast
Yup. I have green/blue/brown/hazel eyes (depends what color they want to be that day) and use multi-tasking neutral and I love this one! Last night I went to a contradance and just only that over my whole lid (wanted to look natural... :P) and I loved how it looked. :)

I actually googled contradance because I didn't exactly know what one was. :ph34r: Sounds fun! I really need to order oasis.

Just the lip glosses, lol. :lol: All three drawers are now full, so the next lip gloss will push me into a different storage system. :P

Yeah, this is what happened to me. I read that book which said I SHOULD be warm, but I didn't believe it...went ahead and ordered some of the warmer foundations and those are the ones that look the best.

So what kind of criteria does that book use again? Does it go by your heritage?

Oh, and I thought I'd add that my toilet tank is the only counter space I have in my bathroom, lol. :lol: Really! <_< Stupid small bathroom! :lol:

:( You should build yourself a special EM counter somewhere. :lol: The last apartment I lived in was microscopic, but it had a HUGEEEE bathroom. I think the bathroom was about half the size of my living room. Ahhh I wish I had that bathroom now. 'Twould be perfect for my EM. I also had a bathroom once that was so massive, there was a couch in it. I had to share it with five other girls though. I guess I've just been lucky so far in terms of bathroom square footage. :rolleyes::lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

Mango said "twould" :lol:

Hello ladies! I am so behind on all the posts, but I wanted to stop in and see what my online make-up friends were up to :lol:

Looks like everyone has been having fun with all their colors and the organization of said colors :D

And it's spilling over into clothes shopping and furniture shopping? Paula :D

Does it not totally blow that the special was extended?!?!?! I should know by now not to get my hopes up, they've toyed with our emotions many times before :lol::lol:

Do you think the 19th will be the big day?!?!

Green12 Enthusiast

Oh, Birdy, you must explain what contradance is??? :huh:

dolly Apprentice

Ladies, I posted here 12 hours ago and figure it will be slow here due to the weekend. I come back to check and there are 2 pages of postings. :lol: I will have to step it up to keep up around here :D

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the info on everyday minerals. Can't wait to start wearing make up again!!!

Thanks for everything

dlp252 Apprentice
So what kind of criteria does that book use again? Does it go by your heritage?

He says that:

"The majority of women have "warm" undertones. In my opinion, warmer skin always looks more youthful. A very small number of women have truly "cool" undertones. They have dark hair, pale skin and light eyes. (Think Snow White.) Even if you start out cool, the minute you go out into the sun, you become warm. If you come from certain backgrounds--Italian (me, lol), Hispanic (also me, lol), Asian, or African-American--you're warm. If you have brown (me again) or green eyes, you're warm. If you are able to tan well, you're definitely warm."

He goes into a lot more like "depth" (lightness or darkness of your skin), but I completely ignored that part, lol.

He says that one of the biggest makeup mistakes women make is thinking they have cool undertones when they don't. He advocates doing a stripe test with the foundation colors, and the spot you'd do that at depends on a few different things.

It's pretty interesting because he did several makeovers and almost all of them have the same basic color pallette on ladies of all different coloring and ethnicity.

should build yourself a special EM counter somewhere. :lol: The last apartment I lived in was microscopic, but it had a HUGEEEE bathroom. I think the bathroom was about half the size of my living room. Ahhh I wish I had that bathroom now. 'Twould be perfect for my EM. I also had a bathroom once that was so massive, there was a couch in it. I had to share it with five other girls though. I guess I've just been lucky so far in terms of bathroom square footage. :rolleyes::lol:

Only ONE time did I have a HUGE bathroom...it was a rental about 30 years ago, lol. Now, my bathroom is SOOOOO small I couldn't lay down on the floor if I had to. Basically, just enough room to stand there. :lol:

Does it not totally blow that the special was extended?!?!?! I should know by now not to get my hopes up, they've toyed with our emotions many times before :lol::lol:

Do you think the 19th will be the big day?!?!

I'm so proud of myself this time...I TOTALLY didn't get my hopes up. :P They've just done this tooooooo many times now.

Ladies, I posted here 12 hours ago and figure it will be slow here due to the weekend. I come back to check and there are 2 pages of postings. :lol: I will have to step it up to keep up around here :D

:lol: yep, moves fairly quickly around here. I can be pretty chatty when I'm excited about something sometimes. :P

dolly Apprentice

Holy Moly!! I just placed my first order w/ everyday minerals. First of all, I can not get over how good the prices are!!!! Secondly, the colors are beautiful. I can't wait to recieve my order. Thank you so much for starting this thread and alerting people to this cosmetics company!!!!

I was looking at their soaps. They sound great but does anyone use them and can tell me about them??

thanks again!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mango04 Enthusiast
He says that:

"The majority of women have "warm" undertones. In my opinion, warmer skin always looks more youthful. A very small number of women have truly "cool" undertones. They have dark hair, pale skin and light eyes. (Think Snow White.) Even if you start out cool, the minute you go out into the sun, you become warm. If you come from certain backgrounds--Italian (me, lol), Hispanic (also me, lol), Asian, or African-American--you're warm. If you have brown (me again) or green eyes, you're warm. If you are able to tan well, you're definitely warm."

He goes into a lot more like "depth" (lightness or darkness of your skin), but I completely ignored that part, lol.

He says that one of the biggest makeup mistakes women make is thinking they have cool undertones when they don't. He advocates doing a stripe test with the foundation colors, and the spot you'd do that at depends on a few different things.

How interesting. I wonder if I'm currently making that mistake. I'm fair with blue veins and I don't tan well (and I'm Scandinavian) which makes me think I'd be cool. People tell me I look good in brown and earth tones though, so :huh: . It's very strange..I don't look good in ivory or off-white but I do look good in browns and olives. :huh: Maybe my samples of the buff neutrals will work.

Holy Moly!! I just placed my first order w/ everyday minerals. First of all, I can not get over how good the prices are!!!! Secondly, the colors are beautiful. I can't wait to recieve my order. Thank you so much for starting this thread and alerting people to this cosmetics company!!!!

What did you order? Post your cart so we can all tell you how great your colors are going to be. :lol:

I haven't tried the soaps but I've heard good things about them.

Green12 Enthusiast
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the info on everyday minerals. Can't wait to start wearing make up again!!!

Welcome Dolly! Glad you jumped in and joined us :)

He says that:

It's pretty interesting because he did several makeovers and almost all of them have the same basic color pallette on ladies of all different coloring and ethnicity.

This is so interesting to me.

According to the EM foundation selection guide I am a "cool", I also do sort of fit into the "buff" category by description, I have gold flecks in my eyes (but I don't necessarily think I have yellow undertones :huh: ). I have both the cool and buff foundations here, and I am considering ordering from another category as well.

I noticed on the EM boards too, a few different categories look good on the same person.

I guess I am wanting to experiement more to find my best match before I buy a full size container.

Do you think this book would be helpful for me to get Donna?? Does he say anything about Native American/Irish/Scottish skin? :lol:

I'm so proud of myself this time...I TOTALLY didn't get my hopes up. :P They've just done this tooooooo many times now.

Well you are a better woman than I :lol:

Actually it works out great because I am in NO WAY ready to place my order, I needed a little more time to firm up my decisions :lol: ...BUT I also don't want Mango to miss out on the new special and products, and new website reveal, so selfishly for her I want that new special up PRONTO!!!!!!!!

:lol: yep, moves fairly quickly around here. I can be pretty chatty when I'm excited about something sometimes. :P

We are a chatty bunch in general on this forum :lol:

EM is very economical, one of the many things that makes this company so appealing :)

A couple of different people if I recall correctly have tried out the soaps, hopefully they wil come by and give their reviews again.

ShadowSwallow Newbie
Oh, Birdy, you must explain what contradance is??? :huh:

It's kind of like a square dance... only danced in lines (and far more fun... and without costumes :P). :D Or like a more energtic version of the dancing in the Jane Austen movies. :lol: It takes a lot of energy, though, but it's worth the spoons. ;)

He says that:

Hm... that's interesting, although I've been compared to Snow White before! :lol: I noticed that when I wasn't in constant pain, and after I went off gluten my skin darkened. I had to go up a shade in the stuff I was using before. :huh:

Does anyone know of a good, natural lipstick/lipgloss that doesn't have coconut or jojoba oil in it?

Mango04 Enthusiast
It's kind of like a square dance... only danced in lines (and far more fun... and without costumes :P). :D Or like a more energtic version of the dancing in the Jane Austen movies. :lol: It takes a lot of energy, though, but it's worth the spoons. ;)

Hm... that's interesting, although I've been compared to Snow White before! :lol: I noticed that when I wasn't in constant pain, and after I went off gluten my skin darkened. I had to go up a shade in the stuff I was using before. :huh:

Does anyone know of a good, natural lipstick/lipgloss that doesn't have coconut or jojoba oil in it?

I think Burt's Bees lip glosses and lip shimmers are free of those things.

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Oh, yes, but those have peppermint in them. Silly allergies. :rolleyes:<_<

Mango04 Enthusiast
Oh, yes, but those have peppermint in them. Silly allergies. :rolleyes:<_<

I think their newest lip glosses are free of peppermint:

Ingredients: Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, acacia decurrens flower wax, phytosteryl canola glycerides, silica, flavor, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, tocopherol, glycine soja (soybean oil)., May contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, carmine

It does have soy and I don't know about the flavor, but I've seen these on the Burt's Bees gluten-free list. I guess that might be too many ingredients for an extremely allergic person though.

I like to dip a chap stick into my minerals and make a lipstick that way. You can use pure oil to do this too.

ShadowSwallow Newbie
Ingredients: Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, acacia decurrens flower wax, phytosteryl canola glycerides, silica, flavor, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, tocopherol, glycine soja (soybean oil)., May contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, carmine

I like to dip a chap stick into my minerals and make a lipstick that way. You can use pure oil to do this too.

All of those look good except for the soy, "acacia decurrens flower wax", and, of course, flavor.

Hm... that's a great idea... I'll experiment with that before I clean up tonight. :D I made my own chapstick a while ago.

debmidge Rising Star
He says that:

About 15 years ago I was fortunate enough to attend a "color" seminar put on by FIT from NYC and was "draped" and found that I had "cool" skin tone (despite being half Italian - I guess the German/Scotch/English is showing). I found it to be one of the best investments I ever made, make-up and clothing wise I mean. I also am very fair and usually purchase the lightest shades of foundations they make, however always tended to purchase a shade too dark with orange tones in it. During the seminar, they mentioned notable "Winters" (dark, yet cool) and one was Liz Taylor - a classic "Winter".

I absolutely rely on the "cool" "warm" system of buying cosmetics and clothing. I always had a tendancy to purchase "Apricot" colored blushers and lipstick...wrong wrong wrong for me! I now always look for the "blue" when I buy something in the red family. I love it when cosmetc companies label the color as "warm or cool" as it takes the guesswork out.

A good book for this topic is "Color Me Beautiful" (hope it's still in print, if not try public library). FIT seminar reflected this book : that there are 4 basic tones: Spring/Autumn for warm skin tones and Summer/Winter for cool skin tones. I learned that a Summer (me) does best in pastels; avoid black and white as they are too harsh, go for grey and a non-yellow toned off white. Winters look good in more dramatic cool tones as they have the darker cool tones to pull it off. Springs are your strawberry or blondes with green eyes (but FIT pointed out that eye color isn't necessarily an indicator of warm or cool: hair and skin are), and Autumns are the more intense warm tones (warm dark or auburn hair with golden brown eyes) who can carry the color "olive green" and warm oranges and flaming reds. Also think natural redheads are "autumn". The seminar mentioned that you stay either "warm" or "cool" all your life, but as you get older you should go for lighter shades as you lose pigment as you age and are in sun less when you are older (goodness by the time I am 80 I'll be paperwhite then!).

I am afraid to use mineral-based make up because I have allergies and don't want to initiate a metal allergy .....

confused Community Regular

I figured they wouldnt change the special either so im not upset this time, i guess it is cause i just got my makeup on saturday, and now im more excited to get my train case lmao which probably wont be mailed out til tommorow anyway, im tired of holidays lol.

I am also mad i did 2 sample kits at Em, one had lots of medium tans in it and one had the golden colors, i thought i erased the medium ones but nope i got all of those and omg they are way too dark, ughhhhh. So i have to go mix them with a few light ones i have i guess til i can order new ones again.

I was going to buy an living room set anyway so its not all Em's fault but it sounded good lol and we got an awesome deal on it so i could not past a good deal now could i lol.

paula

Cheri A Contributor

Wow, that is very interesting.

I am wondering the same thing about cool versus warm. On my first free kit, I got fair medium, multi tasking neutral, and medium. I liked the medium the best. On this next kit, I ordered medium summer in original glo and intensive to round out the cool collection. I also ordered medium beige. I will try that today. For blush, I ordered apple. I think I like Jump Rope better after wearing it a few days. I've got both mint and sunlight concealer now.

This is what my friend and I ordered to split the orders of eye shadows:

Morrocco (haven't tried yet) Snowflakes

Mystic Night Good China

Exhale Rare Silk

Swing Set Movie Night

Wildflowers (x2) - I wore yesterday and liked it.

In a little bit, we are getting together for coffee and to play with make-up :D

dlp252 Apprentice
How interesting. I wonder if I'm currently making that mistake. I'm fair with blue veins and I don't tan well (and I'm Scandinavian) which makes me think I'd be cool. People tell me I look good in brown and earth tones though, so :huh: . It's very strange..I don't look good in ivory or off-white but I do look good in browns and olives. Maybe my samples of the buff neutrals will work.

Well, I DO still look good in some of the "cool" category colors, but when I got my sample from the "golden" category, it just looked so much more natural. So far I look good in 4 (or is it 5) categories...some cool, some warm. It's very strange.

I guess I am wanting to experiement more to find my best match before I buy a full size container.

Do you think this book would be helpful for me to get Donna?? Does he say anything about Native American/Irish/Scottish skin? :lol:

Yeah, I haven't wanted to commit to a full sized container YET for that same reason...just want to experiment with the different categories. I would have been happy with the cool toned foundation, but I'm glad I didn't order until I'd tried the warmer colors too.

I may also have both...one cool and one warm. Several people on the EM boards have two foundations...one for summer and one for winter. I think our skin changes from a variety of things and season can be one of them, lol.

I don't think he specifically mentions your mix, lol...I'll double check later though.

Yeah, see my comment to Julie about having two shades of foundation. Some people on the EM board have to change foundations with the season. :(

About 15 years ago I was fortunate enough to attend a "color" seminar put on by FIT from NYC and was "draped" and found that I had "cool" skin tone (despite being half Italian - I guess the German/Scotch/English is showing). I found it to be one of the best investments I ever made, make-up and clothing wise I mean. I also am very fair and usually purchase the lightest shades of foundations they make, however always tended to purchase a shade too dark with orange tones in it. During the seminar, they mentioned notable "Winters" (dark, yet cool) and one was Liz Taylor - a classic "Winter".

Yeah, Liz has those beautiful violet eyes...she would definitely be cool. I did do the Color Me Beautiful thing several years ago, which is why I always thought I was cool. My hair is dyed so I can't go by that, but my eyes are the deepest brown. I am half hispanic, so that side must have overtaken the Italian, Polish, Irish, Dutch part, lol. The Italian side of my family all have lighter hair with blue eyes (even my mother)...I pulled the dark Hispanic side. :lol:

In a little bit, we are getting together for coffee and to play with make-up :D

Oooh, sounds fun!!! One reason why I LOVE EM so much is that we can get those free sample kits and play with and test out different colors of foundation.

bekalu Newbie

I am so glad you posted this. My mother and I have been looking for an all natural make-up that we could afford. i am going to order the samples today!

dlp252 Apprentice
I am so glad you posted this. My mother and I have been looking for an all natural make-up that we could afford. i am going to order the samples today!

How exciting...let us know how you like it. It's been a great company to work with so far...quick shipping!

Healthy Girl Explorer

Hi Ladies:

I got my samples on Saturday. I love how this makeup is less powdery looking on the skin compared to BE!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Mango,

im kind of with you. I wore the MultiTasking Neutral on Sunday and thought it was good, but today I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and it seemed pinky. Im dark haired, hazel eyes, and light skin and the others they recommended where too dark (medium:too pink & medium beige: to dark). Not sure what family to try. They recommended these colors. Guess its time to get more samples!!!

AMY

Mango04 Enthusiast

Thanks for posting, Deb. That's interesting info. I wish I could find some sort of expert who could just tell me what I am! :lol: It would be useful to know.

Hi Ladies:

I got my samples on Saturday. I love how this makeup is less powdery looking on the skin compared to BE!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Mango,

im kind of with you. I wore the MultiTasking Neutral on Sunday and thought it was good, but today I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and it seemed pinky. Im dark haired, hazel eyes, and light skin and the others they recommended where too dark (medium:too pink & medium beige: to dark). Not sure what family to try. They recommended these colors. Guess its time to get more samples!!!

AMY

I'm glad you like it! I should be getting a sample kit of some buffs tomorrow so I'll let you know how they are compared to multi-task.

I just read on the EM boards that they'll let you order two sample kits in one day, as long as you place two separate orders. That might be useful for those of us still trying to determine our shades/color families etc. etc.

Actually it works out great because I am in NO WAY ready to place my order, I needed a little more time to firm up my decisions ...BUT I also don't want Mango to miss out on the new special and products, and new website reveal, so selfishly for her I want that new special up PRONTO!!!!!!!!

:D Thanks Julie. Hopefully I'll determine my foundation shade and order several foundation containers...and benefit from a new special...all within the next week! :lol: If that doesn't happen, I'll be happy to at least get my foundation before I leave. B)

Healthy Girl Explorer

Mango:

Have you sent them a photo??

confused Community Regular

I just got an email that my train kit shipped, yayyyy. But its not on the ups website yet so i dont know even know were its coming from or when i will get it lol

paula

dlp252 Apprentice
im kind of with you. I wore the MultiTasking Neutral on Sunday and thought it was good, but today I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and it seemed pinky.

Yes, without any makeup at all my face is much pinker than my neck. :(

Thanks for posting, Deb. That's interesting info. I wish I could find some sort of expert who could just tell me what I am! :lol: It would be useful to know.

Yeah...wish I could afford to go to this guy who wrote the book, lol.

I just got an email that my train kit shipped, yayyyy. But its not on the ups website yet so i dont know even know were its coming from or when i will get it lol

Yay...I went to Sephora today to look at their train case. They basically had just one, but it came in different colors. It's nice...probably bigger than the one you ordered and it doesn't have the drawers. I think the drawers are what I like most about the one you ordered, lol. BUT, the sephora one has removable/adjustable dividers, which is VERY nice, lol. The Sephora case is hugely expensive too--$98!! So undecided, lol. Do I spend the $60 to order the one like you did, maybe outgrowing it soon, or should I just spend lotza bucks and get the bigger case which can be configured how I need it. :lol:

I think I'll think on this a week or so. :P

Archived