This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

confused Community Regular
Yay...I went to Sephora today to look at their train case. They basically had just one, but it came in different colors. It's nice...probably bigger than the one you ordered and it doesn't have the drawers. I think the drawers are what I like most about the one you ordered, lol. BUT, the sephora one has removable/adjustable dividers, which is VERY nice, lol. The Sephora case is hugely expensive too--$98!! So undecided, lol. Do I spend the $60 to order the one like you did, maybe outgrowing it soon, or should I just spend lotza bucks and get the bigger case which can be configured how I need it. :lol:

I think I'll think on this a week or so. :P

Well since there are alot of colors i do not like i dont think i will outgrow it, also once i pick the right foundation shade i will only keep them in the kit and the others will be put in my makeup case for emergencies lol. If u pay the extra money at sephora, thing you would have it now, instead of sitting and checking status all the time llike i will be doing lmao.

paula

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mango04 Enthusiast
Mango:

Have you sent them a photo??

No, not yet. I haven't gotten around to going outside with my camera to really get an accurate pic. I don't think any pics I already have really show my actual skin tone. I'd be interested to see what they would say though.

So I've been thinking about my undertones (lol what an odd thing to think about). People tell me I look good in brown, yellow, turquoise, charcoal grey, lavender and certain blues. :huh: I look horrendous in burgundy and light tan.

I must have mixed undertones or something. I don't think a true cool could wear yellow or brown, or could they? Maybe pinky browns still work on cools? I just read that you can put your hands against swatches or silver and gold. One hand will look pasty and the other will look good. Silver is obviously cool and gold is warm. I just need to find some silver and gold swatches now. :blink:

debmidge Rising Star
No, not yet. I haven't gotten around to going outside with my camera to really get an accurate pic. I don't think any pics I already have really show my actual skin tone. I'd be interested to see what they would say though.

So I've been thinking about my undertones (lol what an odd thing to think about). People tell me I look good in brown, yellow, turquoise, charcoal grey, lavender and certain blues. :huh: I look horrendous in burgundy and light tan.

I can carry all those colors exept for the yellow....burgundy is too dramatic and dark and tan washes me out. You sound like a Summer too.

Mango04 Enthusiast
I can carry all those colors exept for the yellow....burgundy is too dramatic and dark and tan washes me out. You sound like a Summer too.

I think you're probably right. So does this mean the pinky peach blush I love is not really what I should be wearing? :unsure::lol:

Donna - Do you still like Waffle Cone? I think I might risk it and order a full size container. Is it very pigmented?

Edit: speaking of pinky peach blushes, the one I'm talking about is called Nymph. It's one of the Pure Luxe blush samples I ordered (Nymph was made to be a dupe of Nars O). I really like their blushes. :ph34r: They have some very nice cool pinks. We will never know what Susie thinks of the foundation :lol: but I can tell you the blushes do not suck. (I hope I don't get demoted or kicked out of the cult for saying so). :ph34r: LOL

I will have my case on thursday, so not bad, its faster then em makeup lol. then on friday i will have all my sexy stuff from victorias secret lmao. I really need to stop shopping you know.

I will have to check out pure luxe, i need an vibrant blush color, i havent found one that is vibrant yet lol

paula

WW340 Rookie

Wow, this thread moves fast. I was only gone a few days and now I have several pages to try to read.

Thank you all for the help with the lavender oil. I had searched the web, but couldn't find specific instructions.

I find it interesting that when I tested the olive oil with lavender on one side of my face, that side did not get oily by the end of the day. The other side got oily as usual. So the olive oil actually reduced my oil production. Not sure how that works.

I am very frustrated with not being able to find a good match. My last trial was fairly light neutral, sunkissed fair, and fawn. When I first put on the fairly light neutral the first evening my husband and I both said that was it. It look perfect in the evening light. The next day in the daylight it looked terrible, and by later in the day it was even worse.

Everything seems to wash me out initially then some get too dark after a few hours.

I have not tried the buff or olive catagories, so I guess I will try that next.

mftnchn Explorer
Hi Ladies:

I got my samples on Saturday. I love how this makeup is less powdery looking on the skin compared to BE!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Mango,

im kind of with you. I wore the MultiTasking Neutral on Sunday and thought it was good, but today I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and it seemed pinky. Im dark haired, hazel eyes, and light skin and the others they recommended where too dark (medium:too pink & medium beige: to dark). Not sure what family to try. They recommended these colors. Guess its time to get more samples!!!

AMY

Amy, you might try the sun kissed fair. I think it looks very similar to multi tasking in the jar. It may be just a tad lighter and just a tad less pink. I have similar coloring and thought MT was a great match but when I tried the sun kissed fair it seemed better on me.

Sherry

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ok the site says new specials coming soon, well when is soon, should i have my order ready so i just have to send pay when the special is up lol. Or do you think i have an week to get ready for the new special lol.

I wanted to say i love the to do list eye shadow, its my fav after ginger peach lol

paula

dlp252 Apprentice

Well here's something you haven't heard me say yet...I'm wearing Spring Pink and I think I like it. :lol: I bought a really pretty pink glittery lip gloss at Sephora yesterday which is kind of sheer, so I put it over the Spring Pink and it looked pretty darned good.

I've decided to wait on the train case until my refinancing check comes...once I get funded I'll treat myself to the train case.

If u pay the extra money at sephora, thing you would have it now, instead of sitting and checking status all the time llike i will be doing lmao.

So very true...I'm not quite as patient as I may sound, lol.

Donna - Do you still like Waffle Cone? I think I might risk it and order a full size container. Is it very pigmented?

Nah, you're allowed ocassional straying from the cult, but you must always return, lol.

I still love Waffle Cone...it is not highly pigmented...it's very natural looking.

then on friday i will have all my sexy stuff from victorias secret lmao.

Wait, what's this?! Trying to sneak this little tidbit in huh? LMAO :lol: I think you NEGLECTED to mention this order before!!! :P

Everything seems to wash me out initially then some get too dark after a few hours.

I have not tried the buff or olive catagories, so I guess I will try that next.

Hope you find what you need in these categories. Try at least the first 3-4 colors in each category...some on the EM boards say that sometimes the categories don't seem to go in order...I think it was definitely with the olive category and maybe the buff or golden. For instance, I've chosen what I thought was the second lightest shades in those categories, but someone was saying that sometimes the 3rd shade is lighter than the second. Did that make sense?! :lol: I'll try to find the thread and post a link.

Well here's something you haven't heard me say yet...I'm wearing Spring Pink and I think I like it. :lol: I bought a really pretty pink glittery lip gloss at Sephora yesterday which is kind of sheer, so I put it over the Spring Pink and it looked pretty darned good.

I've decided to wait on the train case until my refinancing check comes...once I get funded I'll treat myself to the train case.

So very true...I'm not quite as patient as I may sound, lol.

Wait, what's this?! Trying to sneak this little tidbit in huh? LMAO :lol: I think you NEGLECTED to mention this order before!!! :P

Do you have wait long for the refinancing check, i think when we refinanced 18 monthsago it was pretty fast, it was the checks to pay off all the credit cards which was slow lmao.

Yes my hubby made me buy new stuff from victorias secret, he twisted my arm so tight that i had no choice lol.

I love tax rebate checks, its so much fun to spend them lmao

paula

dlp252 Apprentice

I'm right in the middle of the refinancing process...I've had the appraisal already, now just waiting for that to come back and for funding. And, just mailed my taxes in yesterday, so will have to wait a few weeks for that. :P

:lol: on your DH twisting your arm. :P

dlp252 Apprentice

N O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

The flat top brush is missing....

Gone...

Capoot...

It's in my personal full size kit...what shall I do now?! :lol: What can I get to replace it, lol.

Egads...

I must go lay down. :P

Mango04 Enthusiast
N O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

The flat top brush is missing....

Gone...

Capoot...

It's in my personal full size kit...what shall I do now?! :lol: What can I get to replace it, lol.

Egads...

I must go lay down. :P

What are they trying to do to us? :(<_<:angry:

I wanted the premium foundation brush and the kabuki, but those went away, so I put another flat top in my cart (cuz ya know, I need two flat tops! :ph34r: what if I lose one?) Boooooooo. I'm so bummed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On another note, I'm wearing fun eyeshadow today. :D:lol:

Pressed olive all over

Cypress in outer corner

Camomile to highlight

a bit of Pots and Pans placed randomly where I felt I needed it :lol:

Samba Lessons as a liner

Then I realized I had to go to the eye doctor, and I was kind of emabarrased to think that somebody was going to be scrutinizing my eyes with a magnifying glass while I was wearing all these crazy colors. :ph34r::rolleyes:

Ah well. I'm off to stalk the mailman. Rumor has it he's holding onto my latest sample kit. Look out mailman. :ph34r:

Mango04 Enthusiast

Hey Donna, did you know there's a crazy (e)maniac out there whose toilet tank is identical to yours?

:lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

:lol: Mango!!

Hum, someone has the identical toilet tank as I do?! How is that possible?! :lol: :lol:

Well, actually I guess it's quite possible since there are about 380 units in my complex. :P:lol:

Healthy Girl Explorer

Girls.

Regarding the flat top brush--apparently it is sold out and will be back in about a month. It has not been discontinued: YEAH!!!

Just thought the cult would like to know, it will be back!! :D

dlp252 Apprentice
Just thought the cult would like to know, it will be back!! :D

Ooooohhhhh, goodie!!!! Thanks for the info!!!

Jestgar Rising Star

My eye colors for today:

picnic on the brow (yellow)

some blush over the middle part (reddish)

silver spoon lightly on lid (bluish)

Not sure if it looks "good" but I like it :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Hey, as long as YOU like it, that's all that counts, lol.

Love the new avatar!!!

Green12 Enthusiast
Not sure if it looks "good" but I like it :)

:lol::lol:

Ditto what Donna said Jess.

The specials page looks so sad and empty :(

Mango, when are you leaving, or is it a top secret mission??? Will you still be checking in on the board? Can we still pm you to get a hold of you....oh, panic!!!....what will we do with out our cult leader????

Mango04 Enthusiast

:lol: I just spent a ridiculous amount of time agonizing over my cart, so I thought I'd stop by to check in with the cult. Ahh - I've been mixing foundation shades like a mad scientist over here, and in the end I think I will stick with multi-tasking (since you were all dying to know :lol: )

Buff Fairly Light Neutral is almost right but a smidge too dark and too brown. Sunkissed Fair is too dark and orange. Fair Neutral is too white. I can almost get a good shade mixing Sandy Fair with Fairly Light Beige but that is just too complicated. :rolleyes:

For anyone out there wondering, Buff Fairly Light Neutral is almost identical to BM's Fairly Light Foundation. Okay now I'm suddenly wondering what would happen if I mixed Fairly Light Neutral with Sandy Fair.... ahhh...back to my mixing lab....

(my mom walked into my bathroom this morning and freaked out when she saw how many little make-up containers I had all over the counter :lol::lol: )

Mango, when are you leaving, or is it a top secret mission??? Will you still be checking in on the board? Can we still pm you to get a hold of you....oh, panic!!!....what will we do with out our cult leader????

:lol: I leave in a couple weeks. I'll still be here, but maybe I'll be here a little less often (but not much less - I'll still need to obsess over my blush shades and what not :lol: )

Who wants to take over as leader of the mad make-up cult?

:lol:

Hum, someone has the identical toilet tank as I do?! How is that possible?!

Well, actually I guess it's quite possible since there are about 380 units in my complex.

:lol: Well, one of your 380.....toilet tank twins....also has quite the lip gloss obsession. You should find this person and compare shades. :P:rolleyes:

Green12 Enthusiast
Ahh - I've been mixing foundation shades like a mad scientist over here, and in the end I think I will stick with multi-tasking (since you were all dying to know :lol: )

For anyone out there wondering, Buff Fairly Light Neutral is almost identical to BM's Fairly Light Foundation. Okay now I'm suddenly wondering what would happen if I mixed Fairly Light Neutral with Sandy Fair.... ahhh...back to my mixing lab....

(my mom walked into my bathroom this morning and freaked out when she saw how many little make-up containers I had all over the counter :lol::lol: )

:lol: I leave in a couple weeks. I'll still be here, but maybe I'll be here a little less often (but not much less - I'll still need to obsess over my blush shades and what not :lol: )

So many things to comment on..........

I'm so happy you will still be around :)

Tell your mom there could be worse obsessions than tiny little mineral make-up containers :lol:

Are you using the mixing bowls to do your mixing?

Birdy, do you react to Vitamin E oil?? I just thought of it as a possibility for a lip moisturizer/gloss for you. You can get pure vitamin E oil in a little bottle, or buy it in capsule form and squeeze it out of the caps.

Mango04 Enthusiast
So many things to comment on..........

I'm so happy you will still be around :)

Tell your mom there could be worse obsessions than tiny little mineral make-up containers :lol:

Are you using the mixing bowls to do your mixing?

I know, my mom's reaction was pretty funny. Just wait 'till she sees it all after I place my next order. :lol: (It's going to be an $80 order :ph34r: ).

I should be using mixing bowls....but no. I've just been using my little plastic top...the one that's part of my nifty little organizer. It works well enough, but mixing is a bit tricky with those tiny sample containers. :blink:

ShadowSwallow Newbie
Birdy, do you react to Vitamin E oil?? I just thought of it as a possibility for a lip moisturizer/gloss for you. You can get pure vitamin E oil in a little bottle, or buy it in capsule form and squeeze it out of the caps.

That's a great idea! I'll have to check and see if we have any around. I just bought a big bottle of Sweet Almond oil. My skin seems to tolerate that well, along with EVOO and Sunflower oil. I also bought a small bottle of Grapeseed oil to test later. :D

No makeup today... I've been testing out using a "conditioner-only" wash method on my hair, and it's not working (and it's making my face very greasy). The plus side to this experiement is that my hair has stopped falling out. I think it has something to do with the Sodium Laureth Sulfate in my old "natural" shampoo. :angry: Now I'm looking into shampoo bars.

Ok... back on topic. :P

I've been experimenting with foundation--I've been wondering if Multi-Tasking Neutral is the right shade, and how to get enough coverage and not get the greasies. :rolleyes: So far I've determined that, yes, M-TN is the perfect shade for my skin (I applied it in natural light yesterday afternoon, and I couldn't tell the difference between the makeup and my skin... except that the blemishes were gone :P), and that to stay "unshiny" I need to apply 2-3 coats of Matte M-TN and then 2-3 coats of Intensive. Of course then there's the problem of boarding into the "powdery" look. :P:rolleyes:

I have $32 worth of stuff in my cart but am holding off until the new special! B)

rpf1007 Rookie

I tried this makeup after reading about it on this forum and really like it! I was using BE before. It's nice that there are so many shades of foundation. Anyway, my question is if anyone has used the concealer wet? I've never used a wet concealer that wasn't already pre-made. Any advice? Thanks!

Archived