This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Everyday Minerals - Great gluten-free Mineral Make-up!

Mango04

Green12 Enthusiast
I don't know where they are based, but I ordered my products on Wednesday, or Thursday and they came in today :D ! (Or as Mango04 put it :P:P:D:lol:B):):wub: ) I'm glad I can try it out for New Year's Eve!

I believe they are in Texas, but not totally sure. That's where they state they are processed when tracking the orders, so I assume TX anyway?

Awesome Laura about your order getting to you so soon :D

This one took only a couple days for me too, last one took over a week or longer, but I suspect the timing with the holidays had something to do with that.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joni63 Collaborator

Thank you Donna, I am really excited about the picture too. :D:

Julie, thank you for the Eco Bella link. I might have to order it online. There is a Whole Foods about an hour from me that I've been wanting to check out, but I never seem to make it there.

Glad you got your order. It must be much easier to choose colors since you had your colors done for you. It must be much easier when you can narrow down some of the choices! Cypress is one I have been eyeing...glad it worked for you. Can't wait to hear about your other choices!

I think your right about the placement of the makeup at the bottom of a purse. Seems like as long as it's in there securely it would be ok. Shouldn't be hard to come up with some kind of case.

I've been looking around for storage ideas too. I think I want to get a jewelry box type because it has little drawers and would look kind of neat in the bathroom. I think I just have to find something with drawers deep enough.

mftnchn Explorer
Yeah, I have had problems with the powder leaking out...I think I've decided it's from the lids. That leakage though is one reason why I wanted the type of box I got, so that everything can sit in there flat and I don't have to turn the bag or box to carry it. My tiny containers aren't leaking and I've been thinking maybe that's because I haven't been using the lids to swirl my brushes in (well, okay, and I've only just received most of them, lol)...I've been turning the container completely upside down, then tapping a little mineral out onto a paper plate or a margarine tub lid, then swirling my brush in that. I've also been using a kleenex to wipe off the threads of the container before I put the lid back on. Anal for sure, but I HATE that powdery mess, lol.

Yes, the powder mess is a challenge. Since I travel a lot, I have a small zipped bag that is rectangular. The brushes and my mascara all fit in the lid in little pockets, all except the kabuki type brush I have. The two regular size containers I carry stack on top of each other, and the kabuki brush and the small containers fill up the rest, and it zips up snug.

However, no matter what I do, in transit the lots of powder comes through the sifters, and there is always powder in the threads of the jar and lid. I don't like that either, but haven't resolved the problem.

I like the tupperware idea, do you just use one and put each powder in it in turn? I have to keep things concise.

I used a large piece of waxed paper for awhile, put it down on the counter with all the containers open on it.

I have tried taking my brush and running it along the threads of the jar over the lid/or whatever I am mixing on. I find that is where the most of the powder collects.

cruelshoes Enthusiast
Oh and I tried and Lavender Everyday Everywhere Cream around my eyes for moisturizer. It's kind of like a smooth paste and the moisturing effects seem to last a long time. I put it on before bed and in the morning my skin still felt soft from it. It's a little expensive but like all their makup a little goes a long way.

Thanks, Joni, for this review. I think I will try some of this on my next order. The skin over my cheekbones has been very dry lately.

I was reading the Open Original Shared Link yesterday, and they said that they will soon be introducing a primer in mid January. I am pretty excited about this. I used some of that in my BE consultation last week, and it really felt great on my face. Has anyone else used the Open Original Shared Linkor something like it? It is supposed to help set the makeup and help it stay on longer, but I am too new at the makeup thing to know any difference.

Also, has anyone used the Open Original Shared Link? They got some good reviews on Makeup Alley (another good site, BTW. Who knew there was such a site devoted to reviewing makeup?) I looked at the ingredients, and they don't look like they would dry my face out too much. I have been using castile soap and witch hazel on my face recently and I think that is exactly the wrong thing for someone with dry skin. Need to find something better.

Mango04 Enthusiast
(Or as Mango04 put it :P:P:D:lol:B):):wub: ) I'm glad I can try it out for New Year's Eve!

:lol:

Geez this thread goes fast!! I'm gone a half a day and so much goes on I can barely keep on top of it! ^_^

We are actually competing with the omg thread with the hopes of becoming the longest, fastest moving thread in the history of the world... :lol: (just kidding)

I LOVE all of my eyeshadows, the cypress green is gorgeous! ALL of them are gorgeous, I can't wait to try them.

Yay :D Tell us more as you try them.

I got my order yesterday too...and my overflowing make-up bag officially no longer zips closed :lol:

I love Nick Nack blush, and I'm starting to lean towards matte as my foundation formula of choice. Hmmm...decisions decisions.... :lol: I'm wearing it today so we'll see how it goes :lol: I love pick me up concealer around my eyes too.

Favorite Hoodie is really pretty. It would make a nice bronzer for darker skin. It's very shimmery, and doesn't look much like the color swatch on the website (it's like a bronze/copper/amber), but I like it as an eyeliner.

Natural lip gloss causes Photo Album blush (a shimmery raspberry) to morph into this perfect dusty rosey lip color. Strange :huh: but at least I now have a great way to wear Photo Album lol.

Well now that I have my new make-up all over my face....I'm off to the gym :lol:

Oh...hairspray - I use Giovanni LA hold something or other. It's organic, the scent is mild and nice, and it works. It does have a bit of soy protein in it though.

dlp252 Apprentice

Okay, I think I've figured out why I'm so excited about all this. It's been YEARS since I've really taken an interest in "fixing myself up". I mean I try to look nice, but just haven't been interested, nor felt good enough, nor had the energy to actually put on makeup except for special ocassions, Sundays, and sometimes nights out with the girls (although in the couple of years, not even for THAT).

I think I'm FINALLY feeling well...MUCH better than even last year, so this new makeup is just exciting! It's sparked a new interest in actually primping, lol. Suddenly, I've had thoughts of fixing my HAIR. OMGOSH, what's next! :P:lol: :lol:

Here's a link to the Ecco Bella mascara, they might have a store locator at the website:

Open Original Shared Link

I LOVE all of my eyeshadows, the cypress green is gorgeous! ALL of them are gorgeous, I can't wait to try them.

I have to say the little lids weren't even tight on all the jars in my order that came today :( I hate the thought of losing one tiny grain of these minerals and going to waste :lol:

Thanks for the link...it says MY Whole Foods carries that brand. I'll have to look again. There is also a Long's about 6 miles away from me that supposedly carries it. But that was it 3 stores within 25 miles in any direction, lol.

On my last order, one of my containers wasn't closed properly and there was just a tiny bit of leakage, but it was one of the free samples, so not horrid. I am SO excited to get my 10 eyeshadows now!!!! Maybe they'll be there tomorrow...hope, hope, hope!

I've been looking around for storage ideas too. I think I want to get a jewelry box type because it has little drawers and would look kind of neat in the bathroom. I think I just have to find something with drawers deep enough.

This would be perfect...dang stupid lack of counterspace in my tiny bathroom. :lol: I even thought of one of those tool chests with the drawers, lol. I was thinking small version, but if I keep buying this stuff the way I am I may have to get a big one and move it into my spare bedroom. :lol: :lol: :ph34r:

However, no matter what I do, in transit the lots of powder comes through the sifters, and there is always powder in the threads of the jar and lid. I don't like that either, but haven't resolved the problem.

I like the tupperware idea, do you just use one and put each powder in it in turn? I have to keep things concise.

:lol: I have three of the lids. I use one for foundations, 1 for blushes and 1 for eyeshadows. If I'm using the same or similar colors, I don't bother to wipe them off before I use them, but if I use totally different colors, I'll use a tissue to wipe them off.

I'm also wiping my brushes off after I'm done...I just buff them onto my toilet tissue right on the roll, lol. I'm hoping that will also help keep the loose powder problem down.

Okay, so I have an idea for the sifters when you travel. The new jars come with a little film over them...I wonder if scotch tape would work on the ones we've opened already. Wipe off the sifter area, then tear off a little piece of tape and fold down one corner (so there's something to grab onto) and put it over the sifters. I may try this just to see.

I was reading the Open Original Shared Link yesterday, and they said that they will soon be introducing a primer in mid January. I am pretty excited about this. I used some of that in my BE consultation last week, and it really felt great on my face. Has anyone else used the <a href="Open Original Shared Link Advertisement/Bare-Escentuals-bareVitamins-Prime-Time/dp/B000PE4S7M" target="external ugc nofollow">BE primer </a>or something like it? It is supposed to help set the makeup and help it stay on longer, but I am too new at the makeup thing to know any difference.

Also, has anyone used the Open Original Shared Link? They got some good reviews on Makeup Alley (another good site, BTW. Who knew there was such a site devoted to reviewing makeup?) I looked at the ingredients, and they don't look like they would dry my face out too much. I have been using castile soap and witch hazel on my face recently and I think that is exactly the wrong thing for someone with dry skin. Need to find something better.

I think I used a sample of the primer eons ago...I can't remember now though if I liked it, lol. I know I tend to not use any kind of lotions on my face before makeup because my face gets a really heavy oily feeling whenever I do even if the lotion doesn't have oil, so I probably didn't like the feel on my face.

I've been looking at those stupid wipes, lol. :lol: Maybe it's just my current obsession, but I love the makeup so much and it seems so much better than I've ever used, that I want to try everything ELSE, lol. It'd be really great for travel.

We are actually competing with the omg thread with the hopes of becoming the longest, fastest moving thread in the history of the world... :lol: (just kidding)

Favorite Hoodie is really pretty. It would make a nice bronzer for darker skin. It's very shimmery, and doesn't look much like the color swatch on the website (it's like a bronze/copper/amber), but I like it as an eyeliner.

:lol: about the gym! And fortunately (or unfortunately) there are a few of us on here who have a lot of experience at the OMG thread mayhem, so lookout! :P:lol:

I'll have to check out Favorite Hoodie. I put on the Tinsel Time today (the more gold one). It looks gold in the jar, but it went on a little green, lol. Maybe I just didn't wipe my brush off good enough from yesterday, lol. I really wanted a bronze/copper color. I was wearing a bronzy/coppery sweater and I wanted that touch of color at my lash line, but it was slightly green, lol. Still it looked VERY good and overall I had a quite natural look.

Green12 Enthusiast
Julie, thank you for the Eco Bella link. I might have to order it online. There is a Whole Foods about an hour from me that I've been wanting to check out, but I never seem to make it there.

You're welcome Joni :) I hope you can find it and try it out, I have really sensitive eyes and so many ingredients make them tear up, that doesn't happen with the Ecco Bella mascara.

Having my colors done by a colorist was a neat thing, it gave me kind of a guideline of what to follow as far as the colors in clothes and makeup that look best on me. It definitely made picking out the colors for my mini eyeshadow kit a little easier, but EM has so many pretty colors it would be hard to go wrong :D

Colleen, I never tried the BE Skin Rev-er Upper, kind of like a primer or skin prepper for the minerals. It has gluten ingredients in it, oat extract I think. The newer Primer I think might be safe as far as gluten is concerned. I just looked at the ingredients though and am kind of turned off, lots of things I can't pronounce :lol:

That would be great if EM added a primer to their line, I hope it's as pure as their mineral powders.

Sherry, I like your idea of using a sheet of waxed paper too! THanks for the suggestion :D

We are actually competing with the omg thread with the hopes of becoming the longest, fastest moving thread in the history of the world... (just kidding)

:lol::lol: Mango

Yeah, I actually come here first when I sign on :lol::ph34r:

So happy you got your order too, and thanks for reveiwing all you got.

I might have to look into that Nick Nack blush....

Ok, so as I have read through the thread I noticed a couple of you talking about a bronzer, I am wondering what bronzer it is? I see a blush with bronze in the title is that it?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green12 Enthusiast

Donna :lol: , we must have been posting at the same time!

Okay, I think I've figured out why I'm so excited about all this. It's been YEARS since I've really taken an interest in "fixing myself up". I mean I try to look nice, but just haven't been interested, nor felt good enough, nor had the energy to actually put on makeup except for special ocassions, Sundays, and sometimes nights out with the girls (although in the couple of years, not even for THAT).

I think I'm FINALLY feeling well...MUCH better than even last year, so this new makeup is just exciting! It's sparked a new interest in actually primping, lol. Suddenly, I've had thoughts of fixing my HAIR. OMGOSH, what's next! :P:lol: :lol:

This is excellent news, a good sign that you ARE feeling better!!!

I hope you can find the Ecco Bella mascara too.

Great idea about taping over the holes!

Exhale is sort of a coppery/bronze. At least it looks to be in the jar. I think I spotted a couple of other eye colors that appear to be this as well.

Joni63 Collaborator
Thanks, Joni, for this review. I think I will try some of this on my next order. The skin over my cheekbones has been very dry lately.

Your welcome! It does work well, but is a bit expensive for the little you get. I'm only planning on using it on my face so I hope it will last a long time.

:lol:

I love Nick Nack blush, and I'm starting to lean towards matte as my foundation formula of choice. Hmmm...decisions decisions.... :lol: I'm wearing it today so we'll see how it goes :lol: I love pick me up concealer around my eyes too.

Natural lip gloss causes Photo Album blush (a shimmery raspberry) to morph into this perfect dusty rosey lip color. Strange :huh: but at least I now have a great way to wear Photo Album lol.

Well now that I have my new make-up all over my face....I'm off to the gym :lol:

Oh...hairspray - I use Giovanni LA hold something or other. It's organic, the scent is mild and nice, and it works. It does have a bit of soy protein in the though.

LOL Mango. Yes, this thread is moving fast!

Nick Nack is also one of my favorites. Cool breeze is an eye shadow that also morphs nicely as a very light plum color lip color when mixed with natural lip gloss. I haven't found anything that I can't use some place on my face yet, hehe! That is the best part. :D

I will have to find that hairspray. Hairspray is a killer on my face no matter how careful I put it on.

You will be the best looking girl at the gym, I'm sure. :lol:

Donna, so glad you are feeling so good and this makeup is sparking your interest in "fixing yourself up". It's nice to feel good about yourself. Hope you continue to feel better and pamper yourself. :)

You're welcome Joni :) I hope you can find it and try it out, I have really sensitive eyes and so many ingredients make them tear up, that doesn't happen with the Ecco Bella mascara.

Having my colors done by a colorist was a neat thing, it gave me kind of a guideline of what to follow as far as the colors in clothes and makeup that look best on me. It definitely made picking out the colors for my mini eyeshadow kit a little easier, but EM has so many pretty colors it would be hard to go wrong :D

My eyes are very sensitive too. That was the main reason I quit wearing makeup. I tried all kinds of formulas that said made for "sensitive skin" and wasted so much money. I finally gave up on products.

I'm definately going to find that mascara and some Giovanni LA hairspray, too! Thanks ladies for the infomation on those. I love products that don't make my skin break out and my eyes itchy and puffy. :D

Rosebud710 Apprentice

Hey I think we can do it!! :D

I got my order yesterday too...and my overflowing make-up bag officially no longer zips closed :lol:

I know - mine too!!! Of course I still have my old make-up still in there, but I'm sure I'll never go back to that goopy, liquid foundation. I think it's time to start tossing things out!

Donna, it's great that you are feeling better! Has other people noticed the changes?

Well, today I tried my new make-up on and I'm loving the finishing powders! I have a pink one and it gives me a softer finish. The eye make-up is pretty dark - I'll have to play around with those a bit.

Well, I'm now off to an open house party!

Joni63 Collaborator

News, News, News Flash...

EM is working on MASCARA. Yes, when I sent my picture I asked if they would consider making a mascara. They are working on it ladies, this is so exciting!!!

They were very helpful for foundation shades, but didn't recommend my blush and eye colors so I emailed them back to ask for those too. Hope I'm not asking too much, lol!

Yay, about the mascara!!!

dlp252 Apprentice

Joni, that's GREAT news indeed!!!! Yay! And, psssttt...I don't think it's two much to ask, lol, we need just as much help with that as we do foundations. For the picture did you have to take the picture in natural light? Of course, I think I found my best shade so I'm not too worried, but I'm thinking it would be interesting to see what they pick.

You know, the funny thing about me wanting to fix myself up...it's feeding the positive side of things so that makes me feel better, and when I feel better I want to fix myself up, lol

Donna, it's great that you are feeling better! Has other people noticed the changes?

Well, I'm now off to an open house party!

Hope you're having fun at your party in your fabulous makeup, lol. Yes, other people are noticing. No one has said anything about me wearing makeup, but in the last couple of months, my mother has noticed that I have more color (even without makeup)...she said I was looking so pale and sick, but now I look healthier. My aunt has noticed that I don't look as tired and worn out. Some of my friends have mentioned that I seem to be feeling better too...they've all been gone so they haven't seen the new makeup yet. :P

Joni63 Collaborator
Joni, that's GREAT news indeed!!!! Yay! And, psssttt...I don't think it's two much to ask, lol, we need just as much help with that as we do foundations. For the picture did you have to take the picture in natural light? Of course, I think I found my best shade so I'm not too worried, but I'm thinking it would be interesting to see what they pick.

You know, the funny thing about me wanting to fix myself up...it's feeding the positive side of things so that makes me feel better, and when I feel better I want to fix myself up, lol

Hope you're having fun at your party in your fabulous makeup, lol. Yes, other people are noticing. No one has said anything about me wearing makeup, but in the last couple of months, my mother has noticed that I have more color (even without makeup)...she said I was looking so pale and sick, but now I look healthier. My aunt has noticed that I don't look as tired and worn out. Some of my friends have mentioned that I seem to be feeling better too...they've all been gone so they haven't seen the new makeup yet. :P

Yes, I can't wait until they have mascara.

I took the picture in natural light, but they didn't say I needed to...just that it would be helpful if I could send a picture. I also thought I found the perfect match, but they picked 3 shades I have not yet tried and I already got 2 sample kits so that's 6 foundations. In my next order I will also order their 3 suggestions just to see how they look. After all, I have worn liquid foundation too dark for years without realizing it, lol! :rolleyes:

I'm glad your getting all those nice compliments. It has to be a great feeling to be feeling better and looking great. Just wait until your friends see your in your new makeup and beautiful colors. Woohoo, you go girl!!! B)

I have also had some nice compliments from people (prior to EM makeup) about my dark circles fading and I seem to be more energetic and happy. It still amazes me how bad I really felt and didn't have a clue. Just kept plugging along trying to keep up with everything and not succeeding...glad that is all behind me now. I'm actually surprised how much of a difference 5 months has made! :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Yeah, I think we just keep going and going, even when we don't feel well--we just get used to feeling bad I think, lol.

mftnchn Explorer

Just did a quick read to catch up, whew. I've got a full schedule right now its hard to stay up with this and OMG thread let alone the rest of the forum, lol!

Here's what I need/want: one brand of skin care products and mascara that is fragrance free, low allergenic, and good quality.

I had eye irritation for a long time with eye makeup until about three years ago I sprung for the Clinique for all of my makeup because I remembered a friend who had studied this area say that you should use the same brand so that it chemically coordinates. When I switched everything to Clinique I no longer had eye irritation or sinus trouble.

I want a line of products that has "intensive" skin care stuff not just a simple moisturizer. I travel into very dry, hot in summer, very cold in winter climates here. Plus the pollution. Its hard on my skin and also I am aging lol. I was using Clinique and liked the repairwear product which was helping reduce the flaking and also fine lines. But can't use the repairwear stuff now as it has gluten.

Has anyone tried the Ecco Bella skin care...would this work?

dlp252 Apprentice

Sherry, that's interesting about wearing the same line. I noticed that my eyes haven't itched or burned at all when I was wearing all the EM stuff...they burned a little when I had some BE eyeshadow on with the ED stuff. But, I still think there's something in the BE stuff that irritates me because I was wearing all their stuff for a long time, and eyes would burn.

I haven't tried the Ecco Bella stuff yet. I have to use pro active since my skin is so prone to breakouts. :(

Rosebud710 Apprentice

HAPPY NEW YEAR Ladies!!!

Tonight, whether we are celebrating out on the town, with friends, or quietly at home, we are all going to look simply smashing!! :D

Hope everyone has a safe and fun New Year!!

dlp252 Apprentice

Happy New Year!

:lol: I'm not doing anything tonight except sleeping, but I actually considered redoing all my makeup and leaving it on until I go to bed. :lol: How weird is THAT!? :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

Happy New Year to all the EM bunch!

That's exciting to hear they are working on a mascara too :D .

Sherry, I have been using the skin care line from Earth Science for quite some time now. I am very sensitive, and have really sensitive skin especially, and I do fine with these products.

All the products I use are gluten-free, but I am not toally certain if the entire line is. Some of the products also contain soy, but I felt this was the lesser of evils for me (it seems like if you find smething that is gluten-free it is bound to have one of the other allergens ;)

I use the Clarifying Face Wash, the Aloe Almond Mousturizer, the Chamomile Green Tea Eye makeup Remover (for when I wear makeup and take off my mascara and other eye makeup), and a couple times a week I use the Apricot Scrub and the Papaya Peel (once a week).

Here is a list of the skin care products:

Here is the list of ingredients:

I noticed they have varying degrees of mousturizing products and some eye creams and anti-aging stuff so it just might work for what you are needing and looking for. Of course, we all are different and what works for one might not work for another :lol:

edit*

Here is a list of the anti-aging products:

jerseyangel Proficient

Sherry,

I use this line of skincare--

My favorite, and the cleanser that I use every day is Honeydew Cleanser. :)

Donna,

How good to hear that you are feeling better and that you're having such a good time primping and experimenting with the makeups. That's so good to hear! :D

dlp252 Apprentice

OMGosh...my order is in Redwood City....That's just down the street a few miles, lol. I can probably drive there and pick it up faster than they can deliver it. :P

AND, I already have more stuff in my cart ready to go, lol...just waiting to see what the next offer is. :P:ph34r:

cruelshoes Enthusiast

Here's to a gorgeous new year, everybody! We aren't planning to go anywhere, but I am sure going to look good here in the house. :lol: These sample sizes really last a long time. I am going to try mixing in the EM with my moisturizer today and see how it works.

I feel the same way as you, Donna. It's been so long since I did something to fix myself up. Pretty much since I had my first baby almost 12 years ago! I am so happy to have found this stuff.

My husband is very - ahem - "appreciative" of how good it looks (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). That should probably be included as a disclaimer on the EM website. ;) I think I need to bake him some chocolate chip cookies as a distraction.

dlp252 Apprentice
My husband is very - ahem - "appreciative" of how good it looks (nudge, nudge, wink, wink). That should probably be included as a disclaimer on the EM website. ;) I think I need to bake him some chocolate chip cookies as a distraction.

:lol: an interesting side affect, lol!

jerseyangel Proficient

It's working a little "too" well? :D

Joni63 Collaborator

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!!! I hope you all have a safe, happy, healthy and great new look new year. Best wishes to you all.

Yes, Laura I even put eye shadow on today to run to the grocery store, hehe!

LOL Julie, The EM bunch. :lol:

Donna, I can picture you running out to the truck when it arrives at your house, lol!

Oh my gosh, Colleen do you think the chocolate chip cookies will do it? LOL! Too funny!

Archived