Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blondebombshell

The Night Before The Endoscopy...

my GI wanted me eating gluten before my endo to show any damage. he said if i hadn't been eating gluten then it would show no damage. (hope that makes sense). :)

anyhow - my appt is friday and i thought it might be 'fun' even though i may not feel well to eat chinese food, and my favorite waffle bowl sundae on wednesday and/or thursday. in other words, will it 'help' my endoscopy if i am eating crappy food that i am not otherwise eating on wed and thurs?

just trying to get a good read on the endo.

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

my GI wanted me eating gluten before my endo to show any damage. he said if i hadn't been eating gluten then it would show no damage. (hope that makes sense). :)

anyhow - my appt is friday and i thought it might be 'fun' even though i may not feel well to eat chinese food, and my favorite waffle bowl sundae on wednesday and/or thursday. in other words, will it 'help' my endoscopy if i am eating crappy food that i am not otherwise eating on wed and thurs?

just trying to get a good read on the endo.

To get as accurate a result as possible, you need to be eating the equivilant of 3-4 slices of bread a day for 3-4 months at least. Unfortunately, just loading up on gluten a few days before the endo won't be enough.

(Unless you've been eating gluten all along, and just are planning on bump it up a little?)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

i havent been off it too long. maybe about 1 month then went back on this month but very on and off. its hard to eat b/c i get itchy and bloated!

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.