This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Need Gluten-free Cookie/dessert Recipes!

blondebombshell

blondebombshell Collaborator

and i will be damned if i cant eat everything i make!

:D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kbabe1968 Enthusiast

Do you have any other restrictions? I have a bunch, but they are not dairy or nut free. I'll post, as long as there are no other allergens! :D

THANKS!

(I have quite a few!)

not that i know of, lol!

so far i think its wheat and gluten!

kbabe1968 Enthusiast

Cool! :D

One of my favorite desserts is the gluten free yellow cake on www.allrecipes.com. I add vanilla pudding powder to it to give it more of the "cake mix" flavor to it. NEVER lets me down, it always turns out right.

Here's one that's a little more "cookie" like but very decadent:

Seven Layer Bars

1 1/2 Cups cookie crumbs (I used Mi-Del Arrowroot cookies)

1 Tbs honey (do not use this if you use a fake grahm cracker cookie)

1 stick butter (1/2 Cup)

1 Cup Chocolate Chips

1 Cup Butterscotch Chips

1 Cup chopped walnuts

1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk

1 Cup Flake Coconut (BE CAREFUL, there are MANY brands that use flour to keep it from flaking!)

Melt butter. Mix butter and honey and cookie crumbs in a bowl...press into the bottom of an 8" or 9" square pan.

Spread chocolate chips over top. Then the butterscotch chips, then the walnuts.

Pour sweetened condensed milk overtop in an even layer - cover as much as possible. I didn't end up using the whole can - but just about.

Sprinkle coconut overtop, spreading as evenly as possible.

Bake in a 350 oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely, the refridgerate. Cut into 1" squares. Enjoy!

This one we had for Thanksgiving and was a BIG HIT even with gluten eaters:

Pumpkin Squares

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

CRUST:

3/4 Cups White Rice Flour

1/4 + 1/8 Cup Tapioca Flour

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp Xantham Gum

3 Tbs Dry Milk Powder

3 Tbs Vanilla Pudding Powder

1/2 + 1/8 Cup sugar (granulated)

1/4 Cup melted butter

1 egg white

Mix all of the dry ingredients together. Reserve 1/2 cup and set aside to be used for crumb topping. Combine the remaining dry ingredients with melted butter and egg white. Press into the bottom of a greased 8" square cake pan (or 9" round, or pie pan will work too).

FILLING:

1 15 oz can pumpkin

1/4 cup brown sugar

1 tsp powdered cinnamon

1/2 tsp ground ginger

1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

pinch ground cloves

1 egg

1/3 cup milk

Mix all together very well and spread over pressed cake mix layer in pan. (NOTE: You can use 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice in place of all of the spices).

TOPPING:

Reserved 1/2 Cup of cake ingredients

2 Tbs brown sugar

1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

2 tbs butter

1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Mix cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or pulse a few times in a food processor to make crumbly). Sprinkle liberally over the pumpkin layer. Sprinkle with walnuts.

Bake for 30-35 minutes, until top is browned but not burned.

Allow to cool completely, and refridgerate for a couple hours, or overnight. (honestly, like you'll really be able to wait that long! LOL :D)

Serve with whipped cream. OR ice cream! :D

The recipe will double easily to make a 9X13 pan. I recommend baking for 45-50 minutes if you increase the size of the squares.

kbabe1968 Enthusiast

Here are a couple more of my more popular ones:

Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars

1/2 Cup Sugar

1/2 Cup Brown Sugar

1/2 Cup Peanut Butter

1/2 Cup Shortening

3/4 Cup White Rice Flour

1/4 Cup Tapioca Flour

1/4 Cup Corn Starch

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp Xanthum gum

1/2 cup jelly - favorite flavor

Cream together sugars, peanut butter, shortening in a bowl. Mix flours, starches, baking powder, soda and xgum together well. Slowly add to the sugar/PB mixture.

Reserve 1 Cup of batter. Press remaining into a 13 X 9" pan. Spread jelly over top. Crumble reserved batter overtop.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Let cool COMPLETELY on a wire rack before cutting.

Enjoy with a glass of milk. :D

Nutella Brownies

1/2 Cup Nutella

1/4 Cup Butter, softened

1/4 Cup shortening, softened

1/2 Cup sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

1 Cup Gluten Free Flour Blend (I used a combo of Land O Lakes recommended blend and Bob's Red Mill - I didn't have enough of either to make a full cup - use your favorite blend - one that already includes the Xanthum Gum)

1 tsp baking powder

pinch salt

I used my Kitchen Aid mixer with paddle arm (but you could use electric hand mixer). Beat Nutella, butter and shortening together with sugar. Beat on medium speed for aobut 2 to three minutes until really really fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, continue beating.

In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.

Gradually add flour to wet ingredients.

Beat very well.

Pour into a greased 9 X 9 square pan (I actually used my 9" springform pan). Bake 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven. (I would also recommend allowing it to sit in the oven as it's cooling - crack the door a little - this will keep it from falling like mine did. Allow to cool completely before cutting.

I recommend serving under icecream! :D

kbabe1968 Enthusiast

And still more:

Tandy Cake

2 eggs

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 Tbs butter

1/2 cup milk

1 cup rice flour

1 cup white sugar

1/8 cup corn starch

1/2 tsp baking powder

pinch salt

8 oz peanut butter

8 oz milk chocolate

Sift flour, sugar, corn starch, baking powder and salt together in a medium mixing bowl. Mix eggs, vanilla, milk and butter together well in a separate bowl. Add to dry mixture and mix until well combined.

Grease a 2 qt baking dish (or you could us an 11 X 8 pan - if you half the recipe use an 8 X 8 or a pie pan). Pour in batter.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350 (check at 30 minutes if edges are turning brown and toothpick in the center comes out fairly clean, go ahead and pull it out).

While cake is still warm, pour over peanut butter and spread over the top. Refridgerate cake.

After about an hour or so when cake is VERY cool. Melt chocolate in a glass bowl on high in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Pour over PB layer, and spread.

Put cake back in fridge.

Once the Chocolate is set....cut away and enjoy!

This one is an adaptation of one someone here posted a long time ago. I took them to a picnic where only one other person was gluten free. They were ALL gone when we left. And I got MANY requests for the recipe.

Over-the-top Peanut Butter Brownies

2 cups peanut butter (1 16 oz jar, I used natural pb)

2 cups sugar

4 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional, makes them a little "gooey")

1 12 oz package milk chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl, with mixer set on medium (or use a hand mixer, I would not try this one by hand) mix peanut butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. While beating add in the maple syrup. Beat very well.

Pour into a greased 13 X 9" pan.

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes - oven's can vary, so I check after 30 minutes, then check every 5 minutes until "done" to your liking. Mine ended up taking a total of 45 minutes....but start watching after 30, just so they don't get over done.

IMMEDIATELY AFTER taking the pan out of the oven, sprinkle the chips on top. Cover lightly with foil or something to hold the heat in a little. After about 5 minutes, the chips should be melted enough that you can spread like frosting.

I do recommending allowing them to cool completely before trying to cut and serve. I store them in the refridgerator.

Chocolate Sour Cream Cheesecake

2 8 oz blocks of cream cheese, softened

1 cup sour cream

2 eggs

1/2 cup sugar

2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

2 Tbs butter

1 tsp vanilla

Crust:

1 package Mi-Del Chocolate Creme Sandwiches

2 Tbs butter

Preheat oven to 350.

Pulse Mi-Del Chocolate Creme Sandwich Cookies to crumbs in a food processor. Add softened butter and pulse until the crumbs will stick together when pressed.

Press into a 9" springform pan.

Bake for about 10 minutes until glossy. Cool COMPLETELY. (if you do not, condensation will form between the cheesecake layer and the crust and it will not adhere right).

Reduce oven temperature to 325. Add a pan full of hot water into the bottom rack of the oven. Set second rack in the middle setting.

Melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring in between (my microwave took 1 1/2 minutes). Allow to cool (but not resolidify).

Mix sour cream, eggs, vanilla and sugar in a blender for about 8-10 seconds until fluffy. Slowly add 1 softened cream cheese block thru the opening in the top, while blender is blending. Slowly spoon melted chocolate in the blender while blending. Then slowly add last block of softened cream cheese. Blend until very smooth.

Pour into cooled crust.

Place in the oven and bake 35 minutes until the cheesecake is set. Turn off the oven and leave cheesecake in there for 15 minutes while oven is cooling.

Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before placing in the fridge for AT LEAST 4 hours - preferrably overnight.

Break from springform and cut into wedges.

On the cheese cake - you can use gluten free grahm crackers and skip the chocolate and make it a plain cheese cake, too. :D

WOW

I THINK I WANT THOSE PEANUT BUTTER TREATS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

:D you're the best!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kbabe1968 Enthusiast

:) Thanks.

www.landolakes.com has a bunch of recipes too. I've tried a few of them and they always work great.

Juliet Newbie

I posted these recipes under another link, Magic Bars & macaroons:

Open Original Shared Link

Both of them are really, really easy.

And I promise, in the next day or two, I'll post some of my recipes for chocolate truffles - yummy!!!!

This is really good for breakfast, Quesadilla Salvadorena. It's almost like a cross between a sweet bread and crustless cheesecake. Baking it in jumbo muffin tins helps makes them very portable. It's wonderful served with coffee in the morning.

Servings: 8

Active Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes

Rikki Tikki Explorer

I am having a time getting to the site, but if you google www. landolakes gluten free recipes, they have a bunch of recipes

Belinda Meeker Apprentice
Do you have any other restrictions? I have a bunch, but they are not dairy or nut free. I'll post, as long as there are no other allergens! :D

THANKS!

(I have quite a few!)

Hi ya kbabe,

Vanilla Pudding Powder, Nutella where could I find these? Health food store or regular like Wal-Mart?

They all sound great I copied and pasted them to my gluten-free recp' book lol

can't wait to try some of them.

Only thing is son's allergic to nuts :(

Maybe I'll take them to family doings and then I have an excuse to make-em so he won't eat-em lol

Thanks for the posting's :)

Bea

kbabe1968 Enthusiast

Nutella contains hazelnuts - so make sure son doesn't eat them. I get nutella at my regular grocery store - Acme (Albertsons).

Vanilla Pudding Powder is like Jello - I buy Aldi brand b/c it's cheaper - or "Great Value" from Walmart which says gluten free right one it!

:D

Good luck! :D

Archived