Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sillyactsue

Columbus Ohio

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Is there anyone with celiac or gluten sensitive in or near Columbus? My stepson is going gluten free and says he has not found anyone there yet who has heard of either one.

We live outside of Columbus. There are great places to shop and get wonderful gluten-free food in Columbus. There is Raisin Rack (Westerville), Whole Foods (Dublin), Trader Joe's (Easton or Dublin) and Wild Oat's (close to Grandview). I have heard about the group that was posted but have never been to a meeting. I was just as Raisin Rack yesterday and I can't even begin to tell you the fabulous selection of foods that they have! They also make gluten-free sandwiches at the deli there!!!

Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm

but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06

gluten-free since 1/12/06

Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)

Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006

gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive

Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times

Still eating gluten for now.

Is there anyone with celiac or gluten sensitive in or near Columbus? My stepson is going gluten free and says he has not found anyone there yet who has heard of either one.

Great quote name! I live in Blacklick and learned I was celiac positive in May. Feel free to email me at msloyal@insight.rr.com

The Gluten Free Gang holds a conference every year at Columbus Children's Hospital. It is very reasonable. We go every year & we are from Pittsburgh Pa area. This year it is on Nov 8,2008. Lots of lectures & many excellent vendors to buy from. I stock up all for all year at this event. Everything freezes & no shipping......

hth

mamaw

I live in Hilliard and frequently check out the Gluten Free Gang's website: www.glutenfreegang.org

It has links to the local resources mentioned earlier, Raisin Rack, etc.

I'm a second Barbara in Springfield, Ohio. I am new to the site as of today and new to gluten-free as of about a month. So far I've had moderate success at Kroger and Meijer (who label their generic pharmacy products for allergens) and shop at Trader Joe's and Dorothy Lane Market locally. I'm jealous that you are so close to Whole Foods, I LOVE it there as well as the North Market. I make special trips to Columbus for shopping at those stores as well as seeing my fiance's family. I've been doing a LOT of web research about gluten-free products as well as restaurants in the Springfield and Dayton areas. My mom, sister and fiance are totally on-board to do a gluten-free Thanksgiving. If your stepson would like to talk to a younger person he can e-mail me at work: bperenic@coxohio.com. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease at 19 and adapted to that through my young-adult years. I've survived so far!

Hey, I'm in Dublin, Ohio, go to OSU, I have heard that Aldi has a good selection of gluten free foods. Anybody around Columbus have any tips on doing a complete switch to Gluten-Free for a college student?

reply or email me at fitzgerald.123@buckeyemail.osu.edu