Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lmvrbaby

Need gluten-free Breakfast Items For Work Brunch

We are having a work brunch Christmas get together on a Thursday. Bring a gift, get a gift sort of thing and so everything listed I can not eat with the exception of the fruit. I want to make something quick and easy to make and take the morning of so I can eat things other than fruit. I am up at 7, to work by 8:30 and our brunch is at 10:00. Any ideas?????? <_<

Thank you in advance.

Lisa

Mom of four boys

Nana to three granddaughters

Diagnosed with Celiac January 2006 after positive biopsy and follow up with positive blood tests

Diagnosed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome March 2006 after ruling out so many other things

Vitamin B12 deficiency October 2006

Oldest son diagnosed Celiac June 2006 also diagnosed type one diabetic November 2002

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I like to keep hardboiled eggs in the fridge. A couple of those peeled and sliced in a container would be good. Excellent source of protein as well! Can you do dairy? Cottage cheese with fruit, yogurt with fruit, etc. There are also frozen gluten-free waffles, Vans, I believe. I bought some that were berry waffles and I had my non-celiac friends salivating at the smell of them. They are so yummy, even without syrup.

I dislike work-related functions that center around food. I always feel like the discussion ends up being about my food and celiac.

Tummy troubles began in early 2005.

Misdiagnosed with IBS in May 2006, meds didn't work.

June 2007 IgA results 137.8, MD said "normal" is <20. Gluten intolerant.

7/2/07 endoscopy indicated Celiac Sprue. Gluten free since that day.

Make some homemade cinnamon rolls

Bring Bacon

Fruit Salad's always go over well.

or Ambrosia Salad

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Maybe a crustless quiche. I really like them and you could make it the night before. It is not too difficult to make the morning of the event.

I have also seen a recipe using hashbrowns for a crust, but that would make it a little more time consuming to make.

Positive Bloodwork January 2007

Positive Biopsy Feb. 2007

Gluten Free since January 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,9)

Maybe a crustless quiche. I really like them and you could make it the night before. It is not too difficult to make the morning of the event.

I have also seen a recipe using hashbrowns for a crust, but that would make it a little more time consuming to make.

I make the hashbrowned crusted quiche all the time, use frozen hashbrowns. I bake smaller versions in 2 cup ramikins and refrigerate--they heat up really well!! (just microwave for a bit) and are great for those who want/need portion control.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Guest j_mommy

I do the quiche:

Frozen hashbrowns

gluten-free sausage links(8)

eggs

milk

chedder cheese

On bottom of 8x8 place hashbrowns(just enough to cover bottom..more if you like)

Cook sausage links in micro, then cut into pieces and place on top of hashbrowns

in mixer mix 6 egss, 1 C milk, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 TBLsp dried parsley flakes..mix well and pour on top of sausage and hashbrowns

Top with shredded mild chedder

Bake at 350 for 45-55 min...watch for cheese to get bubbly

You cna make this the night before it heats up well!

From: WF,gluten-free cookbook for kids and busy Adults by Connie Sarros

My fave is the breakfast scramble. do this the night before, then the morning of, you heat it in the microwave, and take to work in a crock pot:

Scramble about a dozen eggs, with salt and pepper to taste (I also add chives to mine)

Toast some tater tots in the oven (or hash browns, if you rather)

cook some sausages (or turkey bacon, or cubed ham)

toss together. Sprinkle cheese over top, heat until cheese melts. Serve. Accept raves.

My kids like it so much, they're requesting it for Christmas brunch.

Susanna

Diagnosed in March 2006 by blood test and biopsy. Eleven year old son diagnosed in May 2006. Both gluten-free since diagnosis.

The Susanna (Flagstaff, AZ)

"I GOTTA have more cowbell!."

--The legendary Bruce Dickenson

Thank you for your ideas. I have never made quiche before but there is always a first time. If it turns out well I may make it for Christmas for the family. Kids are always up for food. Thanks again!

Lisa

Mom of four boys

Nana to three granddaughters

Diagnosed with Celiac January 2006 after positive biopsy and follow up with positive blood tests

Diagnosed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome March 2006 after ruling out so many other things

Vitamin B12 deficiency October 2006

Oldest son diagnosed Celiac June 2006 also diagnosed type one diabetic November 2002

I am eyeing up the quinche too. It looks like something I might think about sharing at our next work breakfast.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I just made one for a ladies brunch the other day...

8 eggs

1/2 cup sour cream

1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese

1/3 cup salsa

mix REALLY well. Pour in a greased 8" dish or pie plate - bake 25-30 minutes until set and puffed.

MMMMM....now I want more!

I also made gluten free donut holes. I know it's too late for tomorrow, but I can post the recipe for anyone who would like it.

Made this one just this morning. It was delicious!

http://www.eatingglutenfree.com/recipes_br...ast/#Coffeecake

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.