Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

L.A.

Calling All Canadians

Dear Canucks: Does anyone know a gluten free brand of cornstarch eh? :lol: Thanks, L.A.

Best RX? Ice Cream!

Positive Blood Test 2000

Negative Biopsy 2000

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Ummm yes. I buy it at Old Fashion Foods..cheapest to by the stuff in bulk. And trust me, if there would have been any contamination issues I would have gotten glutened a long time ago!! They sell corn flour (coarse and fine) and corn starch. There's also a brand that you can buy in store, I just don't remember it right now :P

~ Lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Canada Corn Starch is gluten-free (eh!). It's made by a company called ACH (from the states, I believe) and says gluten-free on the label, but it's hard to find the words gluten-free. I just opened a pkg tonight to make breadsticks and even though it's my regular brand, I can't remember what it looks like. It's light yellow, for sure, and has some blue on it and I think a rooster. :huh:

Cheapest at Costco for a pkg of 2, each pkg is 500g (3 1/2 cups).

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

Dear Canucks: Does anyone know a gluten free brand of cornstarch eh? :lol: Thanks, L.A.

Why would any cornstarch have gluten? There's only one ingredient, starch from corn.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

I am canadain EH Funny I never say that eh! Yes 100 percent canadain cornstarch is G. F, Eh~