• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

ebrbetty

Looking For A Tnt Fudge Recipe

Rate this topic

Hi Does anyone have a great fudge recipe they would like to share, my son loves fudge and I thought I'd make him some for Christmas

Thanks!

rachel ray has one... I am not sure its gluten-free .. I think that its worth looking up ..

I use the one on the back of the marshmellow cream jar (Fantasy Fudge) and I always double it and use one bag of semi sweet chips and one bag of milk choc chips. Never fails for me!! When I get home I can post it, I am at work right now.

rachel ray has one... I am not sure its gluten-free .. I think that its worth looking up ..

Her recipe just has sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. Optionally she mixes in other things like peanuts, etc. Double check your brands but all of that should be gluten free.

Here is a fudge recipe my girlfriend just gave me and its really really good!

1 can Sweetened condensed milk

1 12oz. pkg milk choc. chips

1 tsp. Vanilla

chopped nuts (optional)

heat milk and chips together until chips are melted

Add nuts and vanilla, pour into greased pan and chill until set..

ENJOY!!!

This is my Grandma's recipe. I just made it this weekend and even DH, who doesn't really eat sweet treats, loves it.

Remarkable Fudge

4 cups sugar

1 cup butter (1/2 pound)

I love rachel ray's! We made some last week and are making some for gifts this weekend. You can use all chocolate or chocolate and butterscotch morsels (I think only hershey's butterscotch morsels are gluten-free).

Then we add all sorts of stuff to it: dried cranberries, coconut, raisins, nuts, broken up peppermint sticks. Its fast and easy. I don't do mine with the hole in the middle like she suggests, I just put it in a glass greased pyrex dish and cut them into pieces. I make it a day ahead of time and put it in the fridge so it sets up well.

susan

Our favorite and its really easy is peanut butter fudge.

Microwave 1 cup of peanut butter and 2 sticks of butter until melted. Mix in 1 lb of powdered sugar and dump in buttered 8 inch pan. Refrigerate, get fat :lol:

thanks everyone...I set this post to get emails if theres a reply but it doesn't seem to work

I didnt reply sooner because I didnt know what "TNT" meant....but I have the same recipe as LoriC and I made it in a ring like Rachel Ray and gave them out for Christmas gifts! Very easy and tasty!

This is the original Hershey's Fudge recipe. I have always loved this and like you, has ruined all other fudge for me. Last time I made it, my thermometer was off and I ruined it because it cooked too long. I should have used the soft ball method.

At one time, this recipe was lost to me. I was so thankful when I found it on the internet again.

Here is a link to my Dad's recipe. He makes it every Christmas. It has ruined all other fudge for me. :)

I used to cater and we ALWAYS use the Fantasy Fudge a couple of tips tho

1. MUST use C & H sugar - it disolves best

2. Beat the living daylights out of it.- I set bowl in sink to get better leverage.

For peanut butter fudge, just use a bag of pb chips, yes it is smaller bag than choc but makes it a very creamy fudge.

I just tried this one. Yum!

http://www.eatingwithfoodallergies.com/dairyfreefudge.html

I subbed in coconut oil and a few drops of artificial butter extract for the margarine and I used an extra cup of chocolate chips, making the whole thing chocolate rather than layered with the sunbutter. Tastes almost as good as what my mom makes. :P

Are all of these ingredients gluten free? The marshmallow creme & nestle chocolate chips are OK? I'm REALLY new to this & wanted to make some fudge today but most manufacturers are closed for me to call. Let me know! Thank you! :-)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• March 24, 2019 Until March 27, 2019
      NEW ORLEANS GOURMET GLUTEN-FREE mini GETAWAY    March 24 ~ 27, 2019   We have arranged a fun and Gluten-free food filled mini in the city known for it's food and fun.  We have arranged to eat many of the famous dishes that aren't usually Gluten-free at a few of the World Renown restaurants.   Staying at the Royal Sonesta Hotel on Bourbon Street in the center of the French Quarter, you'll be able to enjoy the ambiance of the city at all hours.   Our itinerary will include a Luxury Coach tour of the city and surrounding area - Admission to The National World War II Museum, including the Tom Hanks" 4D film "Beyond All Boundaries" - an exciting Airboat ride and tour through the Bayou.      This it the 3rd time we have visited New Orleans and it has always been well attended, so join us even if you've been there before.  Check out our website for the complete itinerary and cost.    Due to contractual obligations we must have 20 participants by October 31, 2018 to make this a go.      If you have any questions just give us a call at 410-939-3218.  Bob & Ruth info@bobandruths.com (410) 939-3218
    • March 27, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • March 30, 2019 Until March 31, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

I enjoy listening to Ted Talks.  I found this one on dementia.  The take?  No success in developing drugs to stop dementia, so they are looking for ways to prevent it through diet!  Food can heal!   https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0WCb23KPEw Interesting!  
  • Blog Entries