Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CMCM

Bread Machine Rec?

I got out my old Oster breadmaker...bought in 1994, and I tried a Bob's Red Mill bread mix in it...it turned out quite good, surprisingly. I just used the white bread setting. Then when I was doing a Pamela's mix today, the machine conked out in the middle, so I guess after 13 years the machine is kaput. So I'm thinking of getting a new one...I notice at least a couple of machines (Breadman, Cuisinart) now have gluten free cycles, but I'm wondering what might be different about thatl.

Anyhow, I'm looking for recommendations from anyone who has bought one fairly recently. There seem to be mixed reviews on ALL the machines...

CAROLE

-------------

Enterolab 1/2006

IgA & tTg Positive

DQ2-0201 (celiac) and DQ1-0604 (gluten)

Casein IgA positive

Mom has 2 celiac genes

Both kids have a celiac gene.

Lots of celiac disease in my family, both sides.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have the Breadman Deluxe Rapid Bread Maker. It retails for $69 but I got mine at Target for under $40. It's on clearance there. This is my first bread maker and I love it. So easy to use and clean up. Bread comes out great every time. It also makes pizza dough and jam. I bought this one because Breadman has a good reputation and it was so inexpensive (compared to the other brands) that if I hated it or wound up not really using it it wouldn't be a big deal.

Beth

Gluten free since January 2007.

Which model do you have? I noticed they have a small 1-lb size that's upright, and the other one looks fairly wide and large. I know the Zojirushi's are supposed to be good, but gosh, they are a LOT more expensive than all the others. I have a Zoji rice cooker and it's wonderful, though. I know the brand is good. And I don't recall reading complaints about the Zoji's, while a lot of the others seem to have fairly short lives.

I have a Zojirushi. We love it. The bread's perfect every time, no matter what mix we use though our favorite is Pamela's. It's least expensive through Amazon.

CAROLE

-------------

Enterolab 1/2006

IgA & tTg Positive

DQ2-0201 (celiac) and DQ1-0604 (gluten)

Casein IgA positive

Mom has 2 celiac genes

Both kids have a celiac gene.

Lots of celiac disease in my family, both sides.