Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

Natural Peanut Butter

Today i am going to make peanut butter cookies and bars, but i have gto use natural peanut butter made by adams, cause i cant fint mainstream pb that is gfcfsf. And from the looks of it is very different texture then regular pb, so i was just wondering if i should add anything to it to make it more thick and creamy. I was thinking like powder sugar or something, since the taste is kinda boring to lol.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Today i am going to make peanut butter cookies and bars, but i have gto use natural peanut butter made by adams, cause i cant fint mainstream pb that is gfcfsf. And from the looks of it is very different texture then regular pb, so i was just wondering if i should add anything to it to make it more thick and creamy. I was thinking like powder sugar or something, since the taste is kinda boring to lol.

paula

I just made some PB cookies with natural PB (Kirkland organic--does have salt) and they turned out great! I would say if your PB doesn't have salt, you might want to add a bit. I used a recipe I got here:

1c PB

1c sugar

1 egg

1tsp vanilla

1/2 c choco chips (optional)

mix well and bake 350 for 10 minutes--I left mine in balls because DD added too many choco-chips so you couldn't flatten them without falling apart.--thought later that they'd be good if I didn't add the chocolate and them dipped them in chocolate after they've cooled...

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

I miss peanut butter :( But in the past, I used natural peanut butter in recipes and everything came out fine. Just make sure to stir it very well and, as mentioned, if it doesn't have salt, you may want to add a touch more. If there's salt in the recipe, it probably won't even be necessary.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

ok thank you, it does have salt added, i was going to make some into balls to and then roll in powder sugar and some in coconut. I just wanted to make sure ahead of time cause i was making up little trays for all the kids teachers, and i didnt want to give them something that wasnt going to taste good lol.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

I tried making regular, flat cookies with that recipe and they turned out airy. I might have to try the balls because this was my previous favorite (and oh-so-easy) cookies.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it." - Art Williams

Currently gluten-, casein-, soy- and nightshade-free.

paula

When I make peanut butter cookies (or anything with peanut butter) I always use the freshly ground peanut butter I get at the health food store, it's super thick and only has peanuts as the ingredients, but everything comes out fine.

I actually prefer the taste, it's kind of rustic I think.