Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IsAMom

Rolled Out Pizza Dough

Christmas Eve we do appetizer type stuff. My sister makes a really good pizza rolled in the refrigerator dough you buy at the store. The dough is rolled out, filling placed and then rolled into a pinwheel and baked. It is then sliced.

Does anyone have a gluten free pizza crust dough that can be rolled out? Thanks so much.

Annette in MN

IsAMom to Isaac(7), Isabel(5) and Isaiah(4)

diagnosed celiac 4/1998

Both DSs diagnosed 4/2006 at 5 & 2 yrs of age

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Chebe might work. It wouldn't be exactly the same, but you can definitely roll it out.

http://chebe.com/

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Christmas Eve we do appetizer type stuff. My sister makes a really good pizza rolled in the refrigerator dough you buy at the store. The dough is rolled out, filling placed and then rolled into a pinwheel and baked. It is then sliced.

Does anyone have a gluten free pizza crust dough that can be rolled out? Thanks so much.

Now that I'm thinking about it, what I'm looking for is more of a bread dough (not pizza) that can be rolled as that is what my sister uses in her recipe.

Annette in MN

IsAMom to Isaac(7), Isabel(5) and Isaiah(4)

diagnosed celiac 4/1998

Both DSs diagnosed 4/2006 at 5 & 2 yrs of age

Pamela's Wheat Free Bread Mix (is also gluten free) can be used to make pie crusts and pizza dough that you roll out. I tried the pie crust and really liked it. To me it was as good as the wheat flour pie crusts---- didn't try the pizza dough but I'm going to soon.

CeeCee

Allergic to: wheat, peanuts and Penicillin

1995 severe anaphylactic reaction to Wheat

Gluten free since Sept. 2006

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently"--- Henry Ford