Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldyjlox

Chocolate Question...

Just wondering if anyone knows of hand if Toblerone White chocolate bars are gluten free?? I have read the ingredients and dont see that they contain any gluten. I thought I would ask here as maybe someone eats them, they are my favorite and I get them every christmas...Thanks.

1 negative Bloodtest.

2 positive Bloodtests.(years later)

Positive Biopsy 08/13/07

Gluten Free since 08/23/07

Jess (31)

Daughter (03/23/04) Negative bloodwork (10/22/07)

Son (09/14/06) Negative bloodwork (10/22/07)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Just wondering if anyone knows of hand if Toblerone White chocolate bars are gluten free?? I have read the ingredients and dont see that they contain any gluten. I thought I would ask here as maybe someone eats them, they are my favorite and I get them every christmas...Thanks.

It seems that these are a Kraft product so they should be safe if there are no gluten ingredients listed. If you have a phone number or website on the bar you may want to contact them to be positive.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Just to say - if you're in the UK, Asda's own brand chocolate is gluten free, apart from the rice kind. Plus, it tastes a lot lot better than the Mars ones. I've never got a reply from Mars over which of their chocolates are gluten-free, so I just refuse to buy any of them

What about in Canada, does anyone know? It looks like they are distributed by Jacobs Suchard and not Kraft.

Ingredients: White Chocolate (sugar, milk ingredients, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, artificial flavour), Nougat (sugar, honey, almonds, invert sugar syrup, dried egg whites).

I have no issues with soy or eggs, so it looks perfectly safe to me :)

I just want to be 100% sure!

Thanks,

Jillian

gluten-free since July 8, 2009!

Good news -- Jacob Suchard is a division of Kraft Canada, so major allergens would be clearly listed on the ingredients label.

Bon apetit!

What about in Canada, does anyone know? It looks like they are distributed by Jacobs Suchard and not Kraft.

Ingredients: White Chocolate (sugar, milk ingredients, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, artificial flavour), Nougat (sugar, honey, almonds, invert sugar syrup, dried egg whites).

I have no issues with soy or eggs, so it looks perfectly safe to me :)

I just want to be 100% sure!

Thanks,

Jillian

gluten-free since July 8, 2009!