Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know if chia pets are gluten free? I'd like to get one for my daughter from Santa.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If their NAME is of import to them, the greenery should be grown from CHIA seeds, a superfood from South America. I put Chia seeds on my salads. They are really good. I'd double check it, though.

Chia seeds. Yum.

I don't know if they are gluten-free or not but thought I would share my experience with them. My daughter had one and it attracted and grew 100's of fruit flies. We had to throw it out. There was a huge swarm of them.

I don't know if they are gluten-free or not but thought I would share my experience with them. My daughter had one and it attracted and grew 100's of fruit flies. We had to throw it out. There was a huge swarm of them.

Ahhh! I don't want bugs! That is the only gift that my 4 yo said he wanted form Santa, so we bought one. What season did that occur in??

Terri

Diary free 11/06-6/08

Now using a small amount of low-lactose dairy such as aged cheeses and yogurt. Yum!

Gluten-free since 4/07

"When you row another person across the river, you get there yourself."

- Fortune Cookie

Chai seeds are gluten-free.. if eating them there is a brand of white seeds called Lame Advertisement. To get the best reward from eating this super food is to grind them just like the flax seed. They have no taste.

I'll try to post the articile on Lame Advertisement verses Chia when I locate it again.

mamaw