Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ruthla

Where Would I Post About....

I don't know if I have Celiac Disease, wheat allergy, gluten allergy, wheat or gluten "sensitivity" or what. The only diagnosis I have right now is Fibromyalgia and right now I'm not pursuing additional lab testing- if the diet works, who cares about the label? (And if it doesn't work, then the lab tests wouldn't have shown anything anyway, right?)

I have no problem posting to the recipe, shopping, or "other food allergy" forums, as I am most definitely cooking and shopping gluten-free, and I'm most definitely avoiding other foods in my diet as well.

But would I "belong" on the "celiac disease meeting room" or "celiac disease-coping with" forums? Should I post on the "pre diagnosis" board because I haven't been diagnosed with anything, or on the "post diagnosis-healing" board because I'm focused on healing right now, and not on diagnosis?

But where should I post "hey, wow, after 6 weeks of being gluten-free I had the lightest menstural period ever!!!" or questions about why I seem to have more short-term symptoms when I accidentally consume gluten even though I didn't have these symptoms when I ate gluten all the time?

If there was a forum for "other illnesses discussion" I would post there- but since there isn't one, I'm not quite sure where I should be posting my general concerns about gluten-free living.

Ruth, single mom to DD1, 14, DD2, 113, and DS, 7

Kosher, low carb (since 6/3/07), gluten free (since 11/15/07), dairy free, mostly legume (incl. soy) free since 2/7/08. Now on the Blood Type Diet (type O) which includes cutting out corn as well. I have fibromyalgia and this diet is helping me feel better.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you post in the wrong place, on of the moderators will move your post to the right place. So just pick a forum which you think would best fit your post and if it isn't right, we can take care of it.

Good Luck :)

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I vote for "Coping". Like the rest of us, you are coping with the diet to achieve better health. Lables here are not important either.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I vote for "Coping". Like the rest of us, you are coping with the diet to achieve better health. Lables here are not important either.

Weird. It's been moved to "pre diagnosis" so I guess that's where it goes?

Anyway, I just had the lightest menstrual cycle that I've had in years, after 6 weeks on the gluten-free diet!

I hope this becomes the new "normal" for me!

Ruth, single mom to DD1, 14, DD2, 113, and DS, 7

Kosher, low carb (since 6/3/07), gluten free (since 11/15/07), dairy free, mostly legume (incl. soy) free since 2/7/08. Now on the Blood Type Diet (type O) which includes cutting out corn as well. I have fibromyalgia and this diet is helping me feel better.