Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imsohungry

Success!

I had success this Christmas with my holiday cooking!

I made Laura's "Farmer's (hashbrown) cassarole" for breakfast. It was delicious! :) (thanks Laura) :D

And to our family get-together(s) I made baked beans, sweet potato cassarole, and sausage balls.

Yummy! Everyone ate it up. I never mentioned that I "modified" the recipes to be gluten-free. ;) In fact, two people asked for my recipe!

What a treat!

Blessings. -Julie

Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"

(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

yay! Glad everything turned out well. It's nice to be able to make successful holiday dinners in the midst of this diagnosis. I must have missed that recipe, but I'll have to look it up. Sounds really good.

I made the Perfect Pie Crust that someone (can't remember who?) posted and it was fabulous. I also made it for Thanksgiving and it was "perfect" both times.

I also made the sugar cookie cutouts that someone recommended from the Land O Lakes website - very good!

There is so much information on this website about food and food modifications, it helped me tremendously.

Hard to believe I've only been doing this for less than 5 months and I'm making some great food, thanks to the people on this forum who contributed some wonderful recipes/ideas!

Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07