This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Melbourne, Florida Area

Molecular Dude

Molecular Dude Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie here, and I'm just wondering if any of you live in the Melbourne, Florida area. My wife and I both live gluten-free, but my teenage son still follows a "normal" diet. Looking forward to interacting with all of you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rumbles Newbie

Hi, Molecular Dude,

Welcome! I'm in Sebastian. Hubby and I are both gluten free. I have celiac, and

he's gluten intolerant.

I'm not sure if any are on this forum, but there are quite a few people following the

gluten free diet in the Melbourne area, - I've met many at Wild Oats on 192, plus

there is a doctor in Palm Bay that is trying to educate most of his patients about

gluten intolerance and celiac.

In case you're interested, our nearest support group meets in Cocoa Beach, - info

is on their web site: Open Original Shared Link Been there a few times, - great

information and really nice to be in a room where everyone understands, but the

drive is a bit too long from here.

Good to know another local is here!

Pat

Molecular Dude Apprentice

Hi JerseyGirl,

Thanks for the link to the Cocoa Beach support group. We live in Satellite Beach, so the distance isn't too bad for us. So, how many people generally attend the meetings?

I was just at the Wild Oats a few days ago. I especially like the Glutino pretzels available there. Have you tried them? I've only been on the gluten-free diet for 4 years now, so I still remember what "real" food tastes like, and those pretzels are very, very close. Give them a try if you haven't.

I hope that we have an opportunity to meet up somewhere.

Mitch

rumbles Newbie

The times we were there, there were about 30 to 40 people. A lot of info, and some brought gluten free food to try/share; everyone leaves a little wiser and realizing that we're not alone. If I were closer, I would definitely go more often!

The Glutino pretzels are great, - I keep a stash in the pantry at all times! We're also stuck on their pizza breadsticks, and their cereal when we can find it!

I'm sure we'll meet eventually, in the meantime, stay gluten free and healthy!

Pat

• 4 months later...
CarolAnne Apprentice

Hello! My name is Carolanne...and I've lived in Florida for over 20 years. I am a Celiac, and I've been Wheat-Free for 20 years, and Gluten-Free for over 3 years. I'm trying to locate people who live Gluten Free here in Florida...and it's not been easy. Most of the links I've found have been disconnected or discontinued...and I'm having a devil of time finding people to connect to. I'd really like to find others who are interested in getting together...and I understand that I am not alone. I've read several posts from people looking for help, Doctors, restaurants, support groups, meetups and such here in Florida.

GlutenFreeInFlorida-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I've created a Yahoo Group in the hopes of connecting with other people here in the Sunshine State...and to help others connect as well. I'd like to know if anyone is interested in something that will enable you to contact others in your own local area. I'd like to make more information available to people who are living Gluten-Free in Florida.

• 4 months later...
BigRoy Newbie
Hello! My name is Carolanne...and I've lived in Florida for over 20 years. I am a Celiac, and I've been Wheat-Free for 20 years, and Gluten-Free for over 3 years. I'm trying to locate people who live Gluten Free here in Florida...and it's not been easy. Most of the links I've found have been disconnected or discontinued...and I'm having a devil of time finding people to connect to. I'd really like to find others who are interested in getting together...and I understand that I am not alone. I've read several posts from people looking for help, Doctors, restaurants, support groups, meetups and such here in Florida.

GlutenFreeInFlorida-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I've created a Yahoo Group in the hopes of connecting with other people here in the Sunshine State...and to help others connect as well. I'd like to know if anyone is interested in something that will enable you to contact others in your own local area. I'd like to make more information available to people who are living Gluten-Free in Florida.

ShayFL Enthusiast

Here in Tampa we have a great local Celiac support group that meets every 2 months. Awesome people!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 1 year later...
ivegotitalso Rookie

hi i am dignosed gluten/wheat celiac, as was my mom for many years. but for me, new as of june 10. am 54 and looking for gluten free resturants to go out to eat once in a while. anyone know of any in melbourne or surounding areas?

i tried to do a web search but did not come up with a whole heck of a lot.

so far betty crocker is going gluten free june of this year with cookies,cakes, frosting for us folks, so that is nice and i have noticed taht publix does have a decent supply of gluten-free frozen stuff also, although i tried some, and it was like eating cardboard.

some of there muffins were not bad and online glutino has some breakfast bars which were nice and soft, like really good!!

amymarkell@gmail.com

if intersted to let me know of any meeting groups/rests, etc

Archived