This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Babycakes

Nic

Nic Collaborator

Hi, my husband and I went into the city today (New York) to try this gluten free bakery called Babycakes. We sat in 2 hours of traffic but it was worth it. We bought a dozen gluten free dairy free cupcakes as well as 2 slices of a chocolate crumb cake and a half dozen mini brownies. So far we have tried the cake and it is excellent. The cupcakes are the kids dessert for New Years Eve. In case anyone wants to try it, the bakery is in SoHo. Definitely worth the ride. By the way, they also have muffins, cookies, corn bread, and other cakes we didn't really look at. They said that any of the cupcake recipes can be made into a big cake that would be ordered in advanced.

Nicole

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bluejeangirl Contributor
Hi, my husband and I went into the city today (New York) to try this gluten free bakery called Babycakes. We sat in 2 hours of traffic but it was worth it. We bought a dozen gluten free dairy free cupcakes as well as 2 slices of a chocolate crumb cake and a half dozen mini brownies. So far we have tried the cake and it is excellent. The cupcakes are the kids dessert for New Years Eve. In case anyone wants to try it, the bakery is in SoHo. Definitely worth the ride. By the way, they also have muffins, cookies, corn bread, and other cakes we didn't really look at. They said that any of the cupcake recipes can be made into a big cake that would be ordered in advanced.

Nicole

She was on Martha Steward not to long ago giving her brownie recipe. It was very intertaining and wish I could of taped it. Even Martha loved them and couldn't believe the flavor they had. So you can make them and not wait 2 hrs in traffic. The recipe is somewhere on the cooking thread. I believed she gave a cupcake recipe too.

Gail

Lollie Enthusiast

We were in NYC the weekend before Christmas and took the subway down just to try out the bakery!!!!

It was fantastic.... I all different cupcakes, they also had a lovely little cookie thing called a sugar plum, it was heaven! And I was lucky enough to get a slice of hot apple cinnamon cake! It was definantly worth it!

Lollie

Beacon60 Newbie

Nicole

I was in the city a year ago and a friend brought me several things from Babycakes. They were excellent. Do they have a website? Can you order from them online? Mary

Beacon60 Newbie

I just checked and Babycakes DOES have a website and you can order from them online. I can't wait to order some of their great food.

• 3 weeks later...
elefky Apprentice
I was in the city a year ago and a friend brought me several things from Babycakes. They were excellent. Do they have a website? Can you order from them online? Mary

www.babycakesnyc.com

My sister lives in the village so she picked up some stuff for me for Thanksgiving that I stashed in the freezer. Cupcakes, brownies, cornbread. All delicious and still good frozen.

• 1 year later...
gfPattycakes Newbie

I am always leery of places that don't have a completely gluten free facility. I found a place in NJ called Millers Gluten Free Bread Co. Their cakes and muffins are fantastic. They also have great breads. Plus their prices are much much better than Babycakes. A cupcake that costs 350 at babycakes is 200 at this store. It is also completely gluten free so there is no chance of contamination. I definately recommend that everyone check it out.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 months later...
Marie2375 Newbie

She has a cookbook coming out in May. I have used a couple of her recipes. They were both really good. We love the chocolate chocolate chip cookies.

Archived