Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Molecular Dude

Galapagos Islands?

Greetings,

I've always wanted to visit the Galapagos Islands, and we've long intended to go there to celebrate something big (like a significant anniversary), but now that we're both eating gluten-free, we really don't talk about it anymore. Does anyone have experience with travel there and the availability of gluten-free foods?

Thanks

Life is to LIVE, not to suffer. Make the most of it, and have some FUN, regardless of your situation.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, I think you should find it relativley easy. I was on an 8 day cruise there last year and as long as you email your requirements and then once on board talk to the chef all should work out well. Also take the spanish cards which help to explain if your not fluent in spanish.

Also do a search in this forum for Ecuador or Galapagus Is and you'll see more postings.

SydneyGF

Greetings,

I've always wanted to visit the Galapagos Islands, and we've long intended to go there to celebrate something big (like a significant anniversary), but now that we're both eating gluten-free, we really don't talk about it anymore. Does anyone have experience with travel there and the availability of gluten-free foods?

Thanks

SydneyGF

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Diagnosed with Celiacs in mid 2004

Living a wonderful gluten free life

I spent a week there aboard a dive boat. I contacted them ahead of them and worked out the details. There were no problems.

Islands are obviously best visited by boat. It is not unsual for boat operators to accomodate special diets.

The bottom line though is that the Galapagos Islands are so fantastic that they are worth experiencing even if it means fasting for a week.