Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Babygirl6915

Skin Wrecked Due To Weight Loss....

Ok, I didn't want to put this in the weight issues area because most people are trying to lose or gain weight. But I have started to lose weight FINALLY but now a new problem... my skin isn't keeping up well with the weight loss. My boobs are starting to sag a bit & I my arm skin is a bit floppy. Is there anything I can do about this? I can't help how fast the weight is coming off so should I start eating fatty foods to slow it down? I almost wish the weight would come back so I didn't feel like I was starting to sag everywhere!!! Any advice is very appreciated.....

Jessica

Negative for Celiac

Confirmed Wheat Allergy May 5, 2007

Gluten-Free since May 7, 2007!

Other allergies: Dust Mites, Bananas, Fish, Shellfish, Chocolate, Feathers, Penicillin, 3 kinds of grasses, 4 kinds of trees & shrubs, 3 kinds of mold, & Cockroaches!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Unfortunately there's no "miracle" potion to make the skin retract. Weight training helps a lot, but everyone is different. All of my saggy skin toned up-finally-BUT the stuff on my abs hasn't and probably won't--pregnancyx2 plus the weight loss. You have to be patient, keep exercising, cardio AND weight training and you should see a difference eventually. Keep hydrated too, keeps your cells 'full' and makes the skin look better.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)