Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest AlabamaGirl

Optimum Health Resource Testing?

Guest AlabamaGirl

There have been some posts in the past of a few who tried to use york and had bad experiences. Anyone used them since they became OHR -- say in the last six months -- with good results?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

There have been some posts in the past of a few who tried to use york and had bad experiences. Anyone used them since they became OHR -- say in the last six months -- with good results?

i used them and their customer service is terrible. The results took about 2 months and i believe they were pretty accurate. iam going to do another one through Genova Diagnostics. I faxed them a threatening letter when i didnt receive my results after 2 months and they emailed it to me the next day. Good lab, but bad support.

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

How long ago were you tested? thanks!

3 months ago

28 yr old Male

Gluten-free/Casein Free

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Wayne Dyer

Guest AlabamaGirl

Grrr. That's what I was afraid of. They are the only company that I can find that will allow me to test IgG & IgE without going through a doctor. The state of Alabama is picky, for some unknown reason.

Thanks for your input!

If you are patient and dont mind waiting, the lab is supposed to be pretty good. The results are self-explanitory, so you dont need there support. I suggest faxing them if you have any questions. Calling the number is pointless.

28 yr old Male

Gluten-free/Casein Free

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Wayne Dyer

I posted this question a few weeks ago and didn't get any replies.

My kit was received by them back in October and I can't seem to get the results.

They are rated an F by the Better Business Bureau so I would say others are definitely having problems.

THey do not answer the phone or respond to emails or voice mails....maybe I'll try the fax as someone suggested.

I had the same non-responsive experience with this lab back in July 2007. After 4 months of no results and no response to emails or voice mails I filed a charge back on my credit card. They never disputed it. So luckily I got my money back. I was only out the frustration of not receiving the results.

Ami

Hypothyroid - diagnosed early 1999

Negative blood work for Celiac 12/05

Gluten free since 12/05

Tested positive for heavy metal toxicity, low functioning thyroid (even while taking Armour), hormone imbalance & adrenal fatigue 9/07

Started chelation for heavy metals began new medication/supplements to balance thyroid, hormones and adrenals 9/07

Enterolab Results:

Myself - positive IgA: 11

HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,7)

11 yr old son - positive IgA: 11

HLA-DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,6)

8 yr old son - negative

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,6)

I had the same non-responsive experience with this lab back in July 2007. After 4 months of no results and no response to emails or voice mails I filed a charge back on my credit card. They never disputed it. So luckily I got my money back. I was only out the frustration of not receiving the results.

You should send them a threatening letter by fax..........it worked for me immediately..........results in 24 hrs after that!

28 yr old Male

Gluten-free/Casein Free

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Wayne Dyer