Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bbopper

Severe Fatigue/sleeping

My son just recently got bloodwork back saying he has low positive celiac. We can't get an appt for 3 weeks with a GI dr. My immediate concern is that in the last couple weeks he's been sleeping all day. He has absolutely no energy. He also gets cold sweats. Is this due to celiac?

Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My son experienced both these symptoms before going gluten-free - they are quite common.

After positive bloods my son didn't go gluten-free until he'd had a biopsy to confirm - but that will be entirely up to you.

Hope your son feels better soon :)

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

There can also be other reasons for this to take place. Along with celiacs testing I would do a thyroid & a blood sugar . The later two can also have the fatigue & cold sweats...

good luck

mamaw

My son had those symptoms, too. In fact, anytime he gets small amounts of gluten now, he sweats PROFUSELY when he sleeps. The sheets, his clothes, pillow, everything are sopping wet like you poured a large glass of water everywhere. And when he was eating gluten every day and before being finally diagnosed, he was awake for only a total of 3 hours a day. They are both very common symptoms, unfortunately.