This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten-free In North Jersey?

allison lynn xo

allison lynn xo Newbie

i'm looking for restaurants in the northern new jersey area (sussex & morris county) that have a gluten-free selection.

i already know of outback steakhouse, and longhorn steakhouse is in the midst of developing a gluten-free menu as we speak.

any suggestions?

and feel free to name any restaurants in the upper-half of the state. i just choose to stay more local when i'm going out to dinner with friends.

thanks! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

astyanax Rookie

hi! i'm in northern jersey too - i grew up in bergen county, and i'm in hoboken now.

there's a GREAT restaurant in Ho-Ho-Kus called Janice's - the food is EXCELLENT, a lot of it is gluten free (they will tell you what is/isn't, it seems like most is) and they have gluten free bread. it's great if you want to go somewhere beyond chain restaurants (that said, i am going to outback tonight!)

i also like legal seafoods at the garden state mall, and there's a PF chang's at riverside in paramus. in hoboken there's a melting pot, which i've read on here does gluten-free but ihaven't tried it yet. if you're feeling really fancy, there's ruth's chris (parsippany and near hoboken, weehauken i think?) and morton's in riverside sq. mall (paramus) - i've had great meals there (though very expensive)

let me know of any you find!

• 3 weeks later...
karenwinslow1 Newbie

i'm looking for restaurants in the northern new jersey area (sussex & morris county) that have a gluten-free selection.

i already know of outback steakhouse, and longhorn steakhouse is in the midst of developing a gluten-free menu as we speak.

any suggestions?

and feel free to name any restaurants in the upper-half of the state. i just choose to stay more local when i'm going out to dinner with friends.

thanks! :)

We often go to the Legal Seafood at the Short Hills Mall . . . they have a gluten free menu.

Also, we found a new pizzaria, Calabria Pizzeria & Restaurant that serves gluten free pizza and pasta. We haven't been there yet, so I would ask a lot of questions about cross contamination at the outset, but we are definitely planning to try it.

Pals Cabin has been able to accommodate us. Grilled chicken and baked potato & veggies are great . . . they do a good grilled steak as well.

In Montclair, there is a Japanese restaurant, DaiKichi, where we keep our own bottle of wheat free soy sauce and they accommodate us as well. Good chicken teryaki and sushi.

Also in Montclair, Tinga Taqeria on Bellvue Ave. is a good Mexican restaurant. Their hard corn tacos with beef or chicken are fine and so are their tortilla chips.

good luck!

Guest Jemenii36

hey! i live in north new jersey as well and i am finding more gluten-free friendly resturants the more i research and hear from people! right next to p.f. changs at the riverside square mall there is a resturant called maggianos and is extremely delicious, sells gluten-free pasta, and is extremely accomodating! there is also a pizzaria which seels gluten-free pizza in glen rock nj...hope this helps for now!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

If you are ever in Cape May, the Belle Vida serves great gluten free food. I loved it there.

Archived