Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JustMe75

Laura Scudder's Dip Mix

Does anyone know if Laura Scudder's Ranch and Green Onion powder dip mixes are gluten free? I googled it and nothing came up and the company is closed for the weekend.

The ingredients are:

Buttermilk solids, dehydrated onions, salt, dextrose, dehydrated parsley, garlic powder, MSG, whey, hydrolized soy and corn gluten proteins, tricalcium phosphate, turmeric, hydrogentaed soybean oil, cottonseed oil, and natural flavorings

(these are the ingredients from both packs)

I know the natural flavoring is a red flag but was wondering if anyone has contacted the company, Grande Foods.

I usually buy the hidden vally dip mix but my husband bought this kind.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Does anyone know if Laura Scudder's Ranch and Green Onion powder dip mixes are gluten free? I googled it and nothing came up and the company is closed for the weekend.

The ingredients are:

Buttermilk solids, dehydrated onions, salt, dextrose, dehydrated parsley, garlic powder, MSG, whey, hydrolized soy and corn gluten proteins, tricalcium phosphate, turmeric, hydrogentaed soybean oil, cottonseed oil, and natural flavorings

(these are the ingredients from both packs)

I know the natural flavoring is a red flag but was wondering if anyone has contacted the company, Grande Foods.

I usually buy the hidden vally dip mix but my husband bought this kind.

Hello,

I received the following answer today to your (and my) question regarding whether or not there is gluten in the LS Dip Mixes. Here is what I was told:

Both the LS Toasted Onion Dip Mix and the LS Ranch Dip Mix ARE GLUTEN FREE.

The LS Green Onion Dip Mix IS NOT GLUTEN FREE.

I hope to try using the Toasted Onion Dip Mix as a flavoring base in my next meatloaf, which I'm hoping will be similar to another famous "dry onion soup" meatloaf recipe.

Hello,

I received the following answer today to your (and my) question regarding whether or not there is gluten in the LS Dip Mixes. Here is what I was told:

Both the LS Toasted Onion Dip Mix and the LS Ranch Dip Mix ARE GLUTEN FREE.

The LS Green Onion Dip Mix IS NOT GLUTEN FREE.

I hope to try using the Toasted Onion Dip Mix as a flavoring base in my next meatloaf, which I'm hoping will be similar to another famous "dry onion soup" meatloaf recipe.

That would explain why one made me sick and the other didn't. I mixed them up and put them in tupperware containers and wasn't sure which was which. I will assume the one that made me sick was the green onion one. Thanks! I emailed them too and no answer. I gave up and told my hubby not to be cheap and buy the sale one but to buy the hidden valley kind that I know is safe :D