Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sissyjane

Now I've Done It

Hello Everyone

I'm new here, but I've been reading posts for about a month.

Here's my story- I've had digestive issues ALL of my life and I'm 54. A few months ago I went on the South Beach diet, and they miraculously disappeared! I cheated, and started feeling sick again. I just happened to read a blog written by someone with Celiac, and it sounded very much like me. Since then I've been doing a lot of reading.

I have an appointment with my doctor at the end of this month, where I will ask to be tested. I've been sure to eat gluten everyday. Yesterday I WAY over did it, and I've been sick as a dog since. I feel like I'm burned from my lips all the way to the other end( without being graphic).

Up until now, I haven't had many episodes of diarreah, just terrible bloating, gas, and abdominal pain. I made up for it in a big way today!!

Michelle

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

Make sure to atleast eat the equiv of 4 slices of bread a day.

How long have you been not eating gluten...normally when you do a gluten challenge, it's for longer than a month.

I also wanted to know for sure and did the testing.

I hope you find your answers.

Make sure to atleast eat the equiv of 4 slices of bread a day.

How long have you been not eating gluten...normally when you do a gluten challenge, it's for longer than a month.

I also wanted to know for sure and did the testing.

I hope you find your answers.

I've been back on gluten since the beginning of December. I'll try gluten again tomorrow, but NOT today.

Guest j_mommy

THat's good(well not so good feeling I'm sure but atleast you have a better chance at having a "true" test)

Good Luck with your testing!