Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sarah30

Does This Sound Like It Might Be Celiac Disease?

I am about to turn 30 and ever since I was little I was in the doctors for stomach pains. I have had several tests over a 3yr's and all were fine. I have been lactose intolorent ever since I can remember. My systomes are:

1-Very bad gas!! Gross I know ,but It is a problem

2-bloating

3-D If I have dairy

4-my body aches sometime and it hurts to be touched

5-Severe stomach cramping that is worse then a c section!

I love cheese and Icecream but I have given those up. I drink Rice milke and choc soy milk. The other day I made dinner and made sure there wasnt any dairy and I was so sick after. This is gross but my gas is a very foul. It is weird though because I could have mac and cheese one day and be fine.

My gastro doc wanted to do a colon oscopy(sp?) but I didnt have ins at the time so a yr has gone by. Our new ins starts on feb 16 2008 so I have made some apt to get things figured out. He did do the blood work for Celiac and it was normal but I heard that is common. Part of me wants to try to go glutten free but it seems like such a lifestyle change that I would like to know for sure.

Thanks for your help

Sarah

Another thing, If I have beer I feel my body aching almost right away. My legs and arm just throb. Has anyone had this happen?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am new here too. I did not have the same symptoms as you do but mine were much more vague, fatigue, migraines, nausea. They all seemed to get a lot worse after I had my son. What I can tell you from my short(2 week experience) is that it cannot hurt to try it. I felt like a completely different person on day 2 of a gluten free diet. I did not have to lab work done before I went gluten-free. I was going to start back on gluten to get accurate lab tests, however within 12 hours of eating gluten I was right back where I started, feeling terrible. I decided I didnt need anyone to teel me I am celiac. I will never touch it again(I feel that much better!). As a person who has NEVER stuck to a diet more than 2 days, I am having no problem with being gluten free. It's not fun but it is totally worth it to me. Anyway, what I am saying is that I would definitely try it! Hope it helps.