Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamworkjr

gluten-free Grocery/food In Orlando?

Heading to Disney next week. Does anyone know where I can purchase some gluten-free groceries and staples in the Orlando area? I appreciate any advice I can get!!! This is my first trip since my celiac diagnosis and I'm worried I'll starve! Thanks for your help!

Jennifer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I went to Disney over Christmas and there is a Winn-Dixie just right outside the property that is really easy to go to. There is a Goodings too, but that particular one is overpriced and does not have a gluten free section. Good luck!

Publix is in orlando, you might want to use the store locater on their website and map it from your hotel. Publix is great, the have a small section where the organic stuff is and they have gluten free stuff there. They also carry Amy's in the freezer section. I know that there is a whole foods in winter park, but I don't know how far that is from Disney.

Melissa

gluten free since 10/04

Tampa Bay, FL

I have heard a lot of good things about Publix. My aunt and uncle live in the villages in Fl and rave about that place.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

I was just in Orlando for a trade show and ate at Margaritaville at Universal Studios City Walk. They have a gluten free menu and were very knowledgeable about our condition. I highly recommend them! One night we went to UNO's who also has a gluten free menu. I also ate at Salt Island (they were not helpful AT ALL) and had a house salad without any dressing. Totally not worth the stop. For lunches I ate at Burger King and never got glutened the entire trip.

Good Luck and enjoy the warm weather! :D

Gluten free since 2002!

No one else in family has been diagnosed, all have been tested...

Guess I'm just lucky! :)

Auto Immune List:

Celiac Disease -02

IBS - 02

Allergies - 06

Excema - 07

Hyper Active Thyroid - 08