Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sullystaub

gluten-free Dining At Disney World Water Parks?

I've received the list of gluten-free foods & dining options in WDW, but I noticed the water parks weren't listed. I've sent an email to Disney, but was wondering if anyone had any experience eating gluten-free at the water parks? We love Typhoon Lagoon & hope we won't have to skip it this time around. Thanks for the input. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have eaten gluten free at both Disney Water Parks. Any of the people you emailed about the main parks should be able to get you a list for the water parks. (I emailed someone at Magic Kingdom today and they are calling Typhoon Lagoon to get me a list for that park). At each water park there is one counter service restaurant which will have gluten free pizza/burgers and hot dogs with buns. They also have a chef who will prepare it himself. They will probably have gluten-free mac and cheese and brownies and ice cream too. On my last trip, I phoned the water park one day in advance just to make sure they had gluten-free mac and cheese and pizza in stock for my family. You won't go hungry! Have a great trip and please fill us in when you get back!

Hi everyone,

Here's the reply I got back from Disney:

"you should be able to get a hamburger, hotdog, or chicken sandwich on a tapioca roll for those allergic to wheat. Be sure to ask when you are there. Of course, you are allowed to bring in your own

food and use the picnic benches."

Sounds like your typical counter service fare. My only concern is actually finding a manager at one of these places. I've been to the water parks before & there are not a lot of people around to ask for help.

I'll post all our experiences when we get back.

Thanks everyone! :D

Brenda Bennett is the best contact person for Disney World food allergy dining. If you go the the disboards website and post in the disABILITIES section, you will be able to get all her contact information. My husband and I went in September and we found it an extremely accomadating place.

Hello!

Where did you get the list of gluten free foods and dining options fop Walt Disney? I called and the woman I spoke to had not heard of it.

Now that I am reading all this good stuff about the food, I am even more excited to go!

Thanks!!

Slacker Mom

Gluten free since Sept. 2006

Improved on gluten free diet

Enterolab results confirmed suspicions on Jan. 29th 2007